BEP090P2 discussion

Local Girls
This topic is about Local Girls
The Wonder Years

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jana (new)

Jana | 7 comments The adolescente Gretel Samuelson lives in a small suberbian town and alot like most small town everyone knows everyone. Her life is constantly revoled around dramatic affairs in her family and friends. Although, she is only 12 she handles these situations maturely. Recently, her brother and his best friend both were accepted into Harvert University but because his mom is alone she pressures him to stay. He now works as the head cashier at FoodWorld. When I read this I used the Exlamation Point. I was utterly shocked the his mother would put that type of pressure on him, I understand she was in a bind fincially but thats doesnt make it right. How would you react,if your parents asked you this ?

message 2: by Keisha (new)

Keisha Thomas | 10 comments Wow this is unfortunate! His mother should have not made him make a decision like that after all she did live her life and he has a right to get a good education and have a great career!She is only setting him up for failure in life. If it were me I would have went to Harverd and told her when i'm done i'll take care of you with my six figure salary!

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 13 comments I agree with Ellison! Giving up that one in a million chance is just outrageous and I wouldn't find myself doing that. I would just simply let my parents know how important it is & that it's my decision in the end!