Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Series Read: Dumas, Alexandre- The D'Artagnan Romances; Starts January ?? 2015

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31140 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of The D'Artagnan Romances by Alexandre Dumas.

Books:
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas Twenty Years After (The D'Artagnan Romances, #2) by Alexandre Dumas Vicomte de Bragelonne (The D'Artagnan Romances, #3.1) by Alexandre Dumas Louise de La Vallière (The D'Artagnan Romances, #3.2) by Alexandre Dumas The Man in the Iron Mask (The D'Artagnan Romances, #3) by Alexandre Dumas

Series Info:
Set in the 17th century, "The Three Musketeers" recounts the adventures of a young man named d'Artagnan after he leaves home to become a guard of the musketeers. D'Artagnan is not one of the musketeers of the title; those are his friends Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, inseparable friends who live by the motto "all for one, one for all" ("tous pour un, un pour tous").

The story of d'Artagnan is continued in "Twenty Years After" and "The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later".

These three novels by Dumas are together known as the d'Artagnan Romances or The Musketeers Series.

"The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later" is the final volume of the D'Artagnan Romances. It is usually divided into either three or four parts. In the three-volume edition, the novels are titled "The Vicomte de Bragelonne", "Louise de la Vallière" and "The Man in the Iron Mask".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules & How to:
1. Identify the book you are commenting
2. Comments ALWAYS under spoiler tags

Example:
Book 1:
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (Bluestocking Bookworm) (bluestockingbookworm) | 353 comments I want to read Three Musketeers for sure. Not sure about the others. *lurk*

message 5: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 1557 comments Erin wrote: "I want to read Three Musketeers for sure. Not sure about the others. *lurk*"

Yay! Taryn (I think/hope) and I will be reading the entire series so if you end up deciding you want to continue the series, you're always welcome :) Erin, if you like historical fiction with a lot of adventure, intrigue, and a bit of romance thrown in, I would definitely suggest the rest of the series. It's been a while since I've read them but I remember having a great time.

message 6: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 1557 comments I'm planning to start The Three Musketeers at the end of this month once my current reads are done. It's a re-read for me but it's been 10 years ago, I can't wait to start this BR :)

message 7: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 1557 comments Just a shout out to say that I'm finally up to date with my current reads, and I'm picking this up this week.