BEP090P2 discussion

Setting/Theme

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keisha (last edited Nov 05, 2014 07:32AM) (new)

Keisha Thomas | 10 comments Dear classmates,
I was reading this book called what looks like crazy on an ordinary day. The theme is about still finding love even though you could possibly be going through difficult challenges. This book is basically about her going through a difficult challenge being that she has HIV and she ends up falling in love. Ava Johnson is her name and she ends up losing everything and moving back to her hometown in Michigan with her sister Joyce. Her sister is happy to have her there to help her with things that she has going on such as the sewing circus which is a group for young teenage women going through difficult times and helping them to learn to take care of themselves. While she's doing that and keeping occupied there is a family friend named Eddie who's been helping them through everything. her and Eddie started to fall in love but Eddie has a background he went to prison for 10 years for murder. They both have A challenge their dealing with so they were forgiving to one another.

message 2: by Queen (new)

Queen Kay (redlipstick__x) | 12 comments Wow this book sounds so interesting. I dont know how I would feel knowing I had aids. I also wouldn't know how I would feel losing everything too. Must have been very difficult. Does eddie know about her aids and how does he feel towards it.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 8 comments I think this is a very ispirational book. It seems that even through out her situation Ava could find love and also that they both understand each others background.

message 4: by Keisha (last edited Nov 05, 2014 01:01PM) (new)

Keisha Thomas | 10 comments Hey yes Eddie told Ava first about his pass. How he went to prison for murder so, she felt more comfortable telling him about her having HIV!

message 5: by Keisha (new)

Keisha Thomas | 10 comments yes Jenny that is right they both felt hope and were more forgiving towards one another!

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 13 comments I find this book to be very compassionate. Her story alone is quite crazy and upside down and I find that interseting. I wish her all the best in the end & I hope she finds love. With all the obstacles she's facing she deserves it.