Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight question

Could Not finish the book to save my Life
Jackie Jackie Nov 05, 2014 06:02AM
Question everyone..We are all intense readers so it had to happened in the past to all of us..the not able to finish a book---So what book was it and why could you not finish it?"

For me it was*** Twilight--the sparkle vamp thing blew it I just could not get past it. It was too melodramatic even for me and made me want to bash my head in to the nears wall...I guess I am more of a bela Lugosi kind of woman--sorry everyone.

i couldnt even get past the stupid cover.... ;0

P.S. Winn Someone has a great promoter though, awful book but amazing sales! Go figure!
Nov 09, 2014 10:32AM · flag

Pretty Little Liars.
I could not stand the drama in the storyline.

I just couldn't finish the the Tiger's Curse "saga" and also couldn't finish Come the Night, the females in both were just so ugh, and there's always that male you just want to smack over the head for whatever reason and they just dragged for me. As for Twilight, I got through the first book okay, but didn't feel inclined to keep going since it pretty much wrapped itself up in the first and the rest were just additions that I just didn't feel like giving the time of day to, especially when one part of the book is literally just the month as a header and the rest of the pages were blank. As if suggesting the protagonist just died until you see how many pages are left.

Not a book, but I can't even bring myself to finish the Hush Hush series and I only have the last book to go. And I cannot get past halfway mark in Beautiful Creatures, I started reading it because I enjoyed the movie and wanted to see what happens afterwards but the book completely drags out all the events and is so slow paced.

At least with Twilight, you felt like the story was moving forward as silly as the story can be sometimes.

Nuran Well, I didn't like being stuck in his head. He and Bella pretty much have the same attitude to anyone not 'special', that they're some sort of boring ...more
Nov 10, 2014 11:50AM · flag

I got half way through and it wasn't the worst thing I read. It's not great by any stretch of the imagination but I think had it been half the length it would be a decent love story. The biggest problem was nothing happened ... At all. I got to the baise ball chapter and stopped. I think twilight should be rewrote by a better writer and be shorter or at least have a plot. The way it's writen would be best for a subtle conflict like Bella thinks Edward is creepy for watching her sleep. Hell why not make Edward the loving yet unintentionaly abusive boy freind where they acknowledge the problem. This could be a good book if it had a better writer. Sorry I had to say that also it's been a while since I "read" this book.

J Nov 07, 2014 10:38AM   0 votes
I struggled through Twilight so I could complain about it without being hypocritical. I could not finish Hush Hush (I think that's the title). I quit after several chapters when nothing had happened. Oddly, I have no desire to ever read it again.

Hannah (last edited Nov 05, 2014 12:02PM ) Nov 05, 2014 12:00PM   0 votes
Evermore (The immortals series) by Alyson Noel. I don't mean to mean , but it was sooooooooo slow and confusing.

m Nov 05, 2014 11:05AM   0 votes
LOL! I finished the book but when i got to Eclipse it gt so boring that i didn't even finish the book!

i had about couple of books that i half read that here, cause i start on then i read about half way then i pick up another book, that here to read then i see another book, then i read that on on there..

Marilyn (last edited Nov 07, 2014 10:57PM ) Nov 07, 2014 03:20PM   0 votes
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway. This would probably apply to some of his other novels too. But I have learned to appreciate his short stories.

Game of thrones... Could not get into it at all...

For me it was Moll Flanders. I don't even know why, I just could not get into it. And I usually love me some period drama.

I thought the writing to be atrocious, I couldn't get past the first two in the series.

I read this book a few years ago when my daughter decided she wanted to read it. I think it's the only book I've ever actually thrown across the room. Edward was so creepy, and the sparkly vampire bit just killed it for me. I made myself finish it so that I could talk about it with her, but I couldn't bring myself to read the others.

U people need to stop trashing this book I loved the series so keep it to yourself!!!!!