Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Book Recommendations > Mythology

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) Ok so I have recently really gotten into ya paranormal romances that have mythology intwined in the story. So I am wondering if anyone has any series or standalones they can reccomend? Some of my favs are Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, and Rune Series by Ednah Walters.

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Hmmm...I can't think of any YA right now but the Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon series is good with the mythology but it is not YA. I will check around and see if I can find any.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) I read non YA yoo, it just seems to be my prefered. Thanks for the rec I'm gonna add it to my TBR. Sounds right up my alley!!

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I love that series and I'm reading Born of Night by the same author and its really good as well but no mythology.

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 1517 comments Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout . This whole series is excellent. Also The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter

message 6: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 969 comments I second Bridget's recommendation of Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout . I just finished this series and LOVE it so much.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) I've read the Covenant series. can't believe I forgot to mention as one of my favs!! I love almost anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Thanks for the other rec I'll definitely check out!

message 8: by Kelly (last edited Nov 11, 2014 12:11PM) (new)

Kelly Elise | 188 comments I second the The Goddess Test Series, although the climax of the last book was a little confusing to me.. so it wasn't quote my favorite, but the other books were worth it.

Half-Blood is totally on my list. Currently working my way through anything and everything by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Glad to see others liked it :-) looking forward to reading it!!

Oh also... The Lightning Thief I found to be geared a little too much for a much younger audience, but if you want something super easy,super quick, that amusing enough, involves mythology, and doesn't require all your focus to read, say for a day at the beach... they'll get the job done ;-)

message 9: by Nina (new)

Nina (author_ninaslack) | 3 comments Verloren by Nina Jean Slack https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Name of book: VERLOREN

Verloren- a beautiful German word meaning lost. Imagine being lost in a fairy- tale world in the enchanting forests of Germany. Anything could happen... and does happen. Will you ever find your way out? Do you even want to? The woods captivate and inspire, haunt and frighten. So, what are you waiting for? Step inside...

1800's Germany- The Land Of Fairy Tales. Albert and Delilah become lost in the enchanting woods of Germany. They encounter creatures and mysteries that have long existed for hundreds of years. Missing children, creatures that can talk, betrayal, realizations come to light that frighten and captivate the heart- and they must find their way out of the woods.

Direct Link: http://www.amazon.com/Verloren-Nina-S...

Kindle edition available in 12 hours or less, paperback version available right now. c: