Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Zoya
This topic is about Zoya
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Steel, Danielle -Zoya; Informal Buddy Read: Starts December 22, 2014

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion for Zoya by Danielle Steel.

Book Synopsis:
Against the backdrop of the Russian Revolution and World War I Europe, Zoya, young cousin to the Tsar, flees St. Petersburg to Paris to find safety. Her entire world forever changed, she faces hard times and joins the Ballet Russe in Paris. And then, when life is kind to her, Zoya moves on to a new and glittering life in New York. The days of ease are all too brief as the Depression strikes, and she loses everything yet again. It is her career, and the man she meets in the course of it, which ultimately save her, as she rebuilds her life through the war years and beyond. And it is her family that comes to mean everything to her. From the roaring twenties to the 1980's, Zoya remains a rare and spirited woman whose legacy will live on.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 4: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret (everlastinggrace) yep, I am in gear for this one :)

Hilary (bookboss) Yay! Me too!

message 6: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael Yuska (vanness77) | 1 comments Can I join?

message 7: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret (everlastinggrace) the more the merrier! :)

Hilary (bookboss) I am in the middle of chapter 4 right now. I am finding it a little hard to follow. I am not familiar with that particular period in Russian history, and I am finding all of the details and names overwhelming. I am hoping that I get more into the story, but right now I feel like I am just reading what happened to this person and that person, etc. Another book of hers that I read also started out sort of slow, and then picked right up and was great. I hope this one is the same way!

Hilary (bookboss) Finished the book
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret (everlastinggrace) I will be starting as soon as I finish one of my BRs, I wish I can take a peek at the spoiler but I have to wait....lol

Hilary (bookboss) I can't wait to hear your thoughts !

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Zoya (other topics)