Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James | 20 comments Mod
Share what you are currently reading!

Is it any good? Why or why not?

message 3: by James (new)

James | 20 comments Mod
Shawn wrote: "The Church The Gospel Made Visible by Mark DeverFamily Ministry Field Guide How Your Church Can Equip Parents to Make Disciples by Timothy Paul Jones[bookcover:Church History in Plain Langu..."

I've read some Timothy Paul Jones. I love his take on Family Ministry. Our church has been trying to implement his model with some success. It's hard to shift a church when the whole culture (inside and outside the church) is fighting against you.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 12, 2014 08:01PM) (new)

From Heaven He Came and Sought Her Definite Atonement in Historical, Biblical, Theological, and Pastoral Perspective by David Gibson

The Marrow of Modern Divinity by Edward Fisher

The Marrow of Modern Divinity by Edward Fisher is the best writing on the subject of the Christian's relationship to the Law that I have ever read! The first two chapters are a bit slow going, but after that, wow! Outstanding. Had I read this book earlier in my Christian life it could have saved me many years learning things the hard way. I sometimes wonder, in the wisdom of God, why he doesn't show me these things sooner. Before reading this book, if I told you there was pure gold in understanding the distinction between the Law as a Covenant of Works, and the Law as the Law of Christ/Rule of Life you'd probably go, "Hmmm. That's great, I'm really happy for you, Mike." After reading The Marrow, you'd be like, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you man. Is there anything you or your family need right now?" For maximum effect you might want to do what I did, listen to the three part series on the same subject by Sinclair Ferguson (circa 1980 - Search "Marrow" on SermonAudio)