Mount TBR 2014 Challenge discussion

50 views
General Information > Home Stretch of 2014...and looking ahead

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Just a little Public Service Announcement. I will very soon be setting up the Mount TBR 2015 Group. Please feel free to sign up there and get ready for another year of climbing, but remember to keep logging your 2014 TBR progress here.


message 2: by Nell (new)

Nell Bev - The entire thread for Mt Ararat is missing!! The home page skips from 36 books to 60. Hope this is just a bug that can be fixed.


message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Cool, I signed up. Thanks!


message 4: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Nell wrote: "Bev - The entire thread for Mt Ararat is missing!! The home page skips from 36 books to 60. Hope this is just a bug that can be fixed."

Grrr. I'll check into it...


message 5: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Nell wrote: "Bev - The entire thread for Mt Ararat is missing!! The home page skips from 36 books to 60. Hope this is just a bug that can be fixed."

Nell, I don't know what to say...I can't see a problem. Mt. Ararat is right there and it's even got 4 comments under it. Could you try looking again?


message 6: by Bev (last edited Nov 05, 2014 05:03PM) (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Bev wrote: "Nell wrote: "Bev - The entire thread for Mt Ararat is missing!! The home page skips from 36 books to 60. Hope this is just a bug that can be fixed."

Nell, I don't know what to say...I can't see a ..."


Also...Anybody else having trouble seeing Mt. Ararat in the 2015 Mt TBR Challenge? I see it (and all the levels) just fine.


message 7: by Nell (new)

Nell Bev - I still don't see it on the home page. My view skips from Mt. Blanc to Mt. Kilimanjaro. I switched browsers from Firefox to Explorer with the same result. When I scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "More discussion", Mt. Ararat reappears on that page. Strange.


message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane (janesteen) | 43 comments Bev, thanks for all your hard work curating and encouraging. I've already signed up for next year!


message 9: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Nell wrote: "Bev - I still don't see it on the home page. My view skips from Mt. Blanc to Mt. Kilimanjaro. I switched browsers from Firefox to Explorer with the same result. When I scroll to the bottom of the ..."

So, when you go to "More Discussions" and Mt Ararat appears, are you able to get into the folder?


message 10: by Nell (new)

Nell Yes - I hadn't tried until you asked.


message 11: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Jane wrote: "Bev, thanks for all your hard work curating and encouraging. I've already signed up for next year!"

Glad to have you back for more mountain climbing fun!


message 12: by Bev (last edited Nov 05, 2014 07:30PM) (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Nell wrote: "Yes - I hadn't tried until you asked."

Yay--hopefully it will let you make your own topic so you can log your climb.


I just figured out that you're talking about the 2014 Mt Ararat and not the new 2015 challenge I just set up (I've got the new challenge year on the brain). And now I see what you mean. I thought maybe the order had gotten mixed up on the files (shoving Ararat onto the "more discussions" page. But no. They're in the proper order when go into edit mode. It has me baffled. When you click on the "Discussions" header, it lists them all in proper order.


message 13: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (laparks) I'm glad that you'll be continuing on in 2015. I didn't quite make my goal last year, and I'm going to keep tracking for the next two months to see just how I can get my number for 2014 and hopefully be able to get even higher next year!


message 14: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Lesley wrote: "I'm glad that you'll be continuing on in 2015. I didn't quite make my goal last year, and I'm going to keep tracking for the next two months to see just how I can get my number for 2014 and hopefu..."

Good luck with finishing high in 2014 and then with the new year!


message 15: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Bev wrote: "Nell wrote: "Yes - I hadn't tried until you asked."

Yay--hopefully it will let you make your own topic so you can log your climb.


I just figured out that you're talking about the 2014 Mt Ararat ..."


Nell, I give up. I just tried moving things around in edit mode--I moved Ararat to the end and then moved it back up the list to its proper spot. Still gets shoved onto "more discussions" for reasons that are beyond me.


message 16: by Nell (last edited Nov 06, 2014 04:13AM) (new)

Nell Bev wrote: "Bev wrote: "Nell wrote: "Yes - I hadn't tried until you asked."
...
I just figured out that you're talking about the 2014..."


Sorry I wasn't clear about that. I haven't logged on to the 2015 Challenge yet. I can still access my 2014 Mt Ararat thread - My initial concern was that all the activity logged for 2014 had been lost! Also, I wondered if this was a not-so-subtle message from the universe to climb higher next year. ;-)


message 17: by Steven (new)

Steven (wyldemusick) | 160 comments I'll get signed up right away -- I've been mentally arranging my book piles to get ready for 2015...and have been doing so for at least a couple of months.

I suspect this sort of thing is why my friends worry about me....


message 18: by Nell (last edited Nov 11, 2014 01:11AM) (new)

Nell Bev wrote: .. now I see what you mean. I thought maybe the order had gotten mixed up on the files (shoving Ararat onto the "more discussions" page. But no. They're in the proper order when go into edit mode. It has me baffled. When you click on the "Discussions" header, it lists them all in proper order...."

Is there a limit set for what appears on the 'front page'? I post books monthly rather than each time I read so I'm editing through the month instead of posting a new comment. When I posted for November, the Mt. Ararat thread reappeared BUT the checkpoint thread is no longer on the front page. Not sure why this is happening now.


message 19: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Nell wrote: "Bev wrote: .. now I see what you mean. I thought maybe the order had gotten mixed up on the files (shoving Ararat onto the "more discussions" page. But no. They're in the proper order when go into ..."

there may be a limit...maybe Ararat (because it hadn't gotten comments for a while)got moved to the second page when I added this thread. I rearranged the threads (putting the Checkpoint folder last since I won't be using it for a while) to try and bring Ararat back to the first page....


message 20: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Steven wrote: "I'll get signed up right away -- I've been mentally arranging my book piles to get ready for 2015...and have been doing so for at least a couple of months.

I suspect this sort of thing is why my ..."


Steven...at least it's a harmless thing for your friends to worry about. :-)


back to top