Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
This topic is about Spider's Bite
Archive (BOTM) > Spider's Bite Discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krysta (last edited Nov 04, 2014 06:37PM) (new) - added it

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

Hey there! Here is where we'll be discussing our November Book of the Month, Spider's Bite. We invite you to rate, review, dish, and post spoilers (as long as you use the spoiler HTML code)

Note: To post a spoiler, simply add the below HTML code WITHOUT the stars before and after the portion of your post that includes the spoiler.

ex: <*spoiler> Your text here <*/spoiler>
just be sure to remove the stars

Let's get started!

Katie (skateanddonate) | 19 comments Been waiting to get this from library.

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) I'm starting this one today; is anyone else reading it yet?

Leona (leonareadsalot) I'm getting ready to get my copy. Can't wait to read

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) About 1/4 of the way through this book. It is keeping my attention but I'm unsure what I think of Gin at this point. She has a lot of hard edges, and I haven't read many assassin books, so I'm struggling a bit with being able to identify with her as a character right now.

Leona (leonareadsalot) Lindsey wrote: "About 1/4 of the way through this book. It is keeping my attention but I'm unsure what I think of Gin at this point. She has a lot of hard edges, and I haven't read many assassin books, so I'm st..."

I agree. She tough and that's a plus for me.

Carolyn F. | 236 comments Lindsey wrote: "About 1/4 of the way through this book. It is keeping my attention but I'm unsure what I think of Gin at this point. She has a lot of hard edges, and I haven't read many assassin books, so I'm st..."

There's a reason for all those hard edges Lindsey. It'll get easier to understand her later.

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Just finished this book. I enjoyed it overall, the story was interesting and fast-paced. I think for me though Gin is still not my favorite character of the various UF series I've read; I'm not sure whether I will end up reading more of the series later on or not, though I am curious to see (view spoiler).

Shannon The series gets better, it's worth at least checking out the second book.

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Shannon wrote: "The series gets better, it's worth at least checking out the second book."

Thanks Shannon, it's helpful to know what others think who have continued with the series.

Carolyn F. | 236 comments One thing I will say about this series that drives me crazy is the author goes into long detail about the reasons for this or that in each consecutive book. To me it feels like she's using this as a way to add pages/words to the book and feels almost like a cop-out.

message 12: by Vera (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vera M. carolyn, agree. i love this series but could do with cutting down on the "recap" explanations throughout what ive read so far of the series. anyone who has gotten at least a few books in knows what this means and ive found so far feel the same about it.

Sallie Griffin (salliebelle) | 98 comments I absolutely love this series and how badass her character is!

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Spider's Bite (other topics)