♆ Camp Half-Blood ♆ ♔α яσℓερℓαү♔ discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 400 comments Mod
The lake is a place where the campers hang out often.

message 2: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

anastasia  (anastasiarunelle) | 505 comments Mod
((You wanna post first? :P))

message 3: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

((Sure.))

Astrid was sitting on a rock a few feet from the shore with a sketchbook. Supposedly it was supposed to be fun being a child of Poseidon but the fun had yet to show itself to her. She wasn't really any different except for the powers thing, but that didn't count. It didn't make her more popular or something like that like it did her brother but he was always popular. She was the introverted one that everyone tended to stay away from except her tight group of friends that she had to leave to come to the camp. The Hydra that attacked the school didn't even come for her, it came for her brother!

message 4: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

((Sorry! Gotta take a shower; I'll reply when I'm done :) ))

message 5: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

((Okay. :) ))

message 6: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Irene was sitting at the edge of the lake's dock, cooling herself down by dipping her legs into the lake's cool, fresh waters. The day had been relatively hot and sunny, so she wanted to refresh herself. Although, instead of swimming, she decided only to dip her legs into the water. Irene absolutely hated water. She wasn't sure if she inherited it from her father--who disliked it, too, or from her mother Athena due to her infamous grudge against Poseidon. The sun was cooling down, too, unlike during the noon hours when the weather was unbearable because of the sun's blistering heat.

message 7: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Astrid focused on drawing the wings of the Dragon that had unfolded on her sketch pad. She bit her lower lip and one she finished the shape of the giant wings she looked up from her work. She had started drawing just a couple minutes ago, hasn't she? Wrong. She had started at eleven or so and it must've been past one. Crap.
She sighed and closed the book after sticking the pencil in the spiral. She looked out on the water and decided to dive in, but just for a second. She jumped in with a small slash and went down to the bottom of the lake. Astrid opened her eyes and saw the metallic glint of a sword.

message 8: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Irene's attention was diverted towards the girl who dived into the lake. Ugh. Another child of Poseidon. It was obvious to Irene, of course, because her mother was Athena. It didn't take much for her to recognize a child of Poseidon. She met them all the time at the lake, which was why she only visited when she really wanted to. Poseidon's children always visited the lake to swim or do whatever else they liked to do. Irene rolled her eyes as the girl dived down into the waters.

message 9: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Astrid came back up only seconds later and climbed back onto the rock. She was dry of course. For a child of Poseidon she didn't like water or being wet very much. Ironic, right? She opened the book back up and flipped through the drawings. Some of them were after the gods; a wave for Poseidon, an oncoming storm for Zeus, jewels for Hades, so on. And her most random drawing yet, Olaf meeting Khione. She chuckled softly at that one.

message 10: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

((aw xD Do you want me to use Vega instead? I feel like if I use Irene, nothing would happen because Irene wouldn't take to Astrid at all and if Astrid tried to talk to her, she would try to kill her xD))

message 11: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

((Sure. XD))

message 12: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Vega sat at the edge of the lake's pier, her nearly-bare legs halfway into the cool, refreshing waters of the blue lake. The sun rays made the surface sparkle and glimmer, yet the temperature of the water remained cool. Vega enjoyed it a lot. Really, she enjoyed any place that wasn't teeming with her stupid siblings. Usually, that was the strawberry fields, but she didn't mind visiting the lake every now and then to have a little time to herself. The inviting water lapping at her legs was her favorite part and the soft sounds of trickling water calmed her and put her mind at ease. She contemplated taking a dip, but she was sure she would drown. She never learned how to swim, but always wanted to. She didn't want to ask anyone to teach her, though. It'd be... embarrassing to ask someone. Who would know that Vega Kallisto, daughter of Aphrodite, popular with everyone at Camp Half Blood, didn't know how to swim? The thought of everyone knowing that terrified her, yet she was surprised no one noticed yet. She's never gotten two feet into water before and never ever intended to. She sighed, looking across the shimmering surface of the lake and wondering how it would feel to have the cool, inviting lake waters covering her body as she wading through it. It sounded good...

message 13: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Astrid looked back up from her drawing, seeing another girl there she smiled slightly despite her shyness and recognized her as a daughter of Aphrodite. Vega in fact, one of the most popular. She turned her attention back to the sketch pad and that's when the most random thing ever happened. A wave. It came up on the rock and splashed her sketch book. She put her arm up to shield her face from the wave and that ended up working successfully, but when she looked back down all she saw was the ink running and her once beautiful drawing turned into a mess.
"Oh gods no," she muttered, a look of disbelief on her face. When she looked out into the lake she saw one of her siblings disappearing under the water. B*tches were going to die that night.

message 14: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

From somewhere near her, Vega heard someone mutter to themselves and she turned her head up to see where it had come from. Her eyes scanned the entire place for a few seconds before meeting the Poseidon girl sitting by herself, holding a sketchbook. Was something wrong? Out of curiosity, Vega lifted her legs out of the water, as much as she disliked having to do it. The water rolled off her perfectly tanned legs and she wiped some of it off with her hands before slipping into her white flip-flops. She flipped herself over onto her knees and crawled over to where the girl was, ignoring the scorching ground beneath her knees. She stopped a few feet away from the girl and she asked her tentatively: "Is something wrong?" She didn't know the girl and liked to be a little more careful around demigods she didn't know, but that didn't lessen her friendliness around them. Even if she was around someone she didn't like or preferred to be hostile towards, she masks it with her friendliness for the sake of the person and the people around them. That was something she was good at anyway: Hiding her real feelings. She's been doing it all her life with her siblings in the Aphrodite Cabin. She absolutely loathed them, but she always tried to fit in and ended up masking her real feelings with the ones her cabin mates thought was appropriate for her. Honestly, it wasn't like Vega hated her mother, Aphrodite, but she found Venus super annoying. Why couldn't her mom be someone cool? Like... Hecate. Hecate was actually her great-grandmother, but she would've liked it if she were her mother. She performed magic once and found it exhilarating. Too bad she couldn't do it as much as children of Hecate could. Or Athena. Athena was cool. Most people would like to be related to Aphrodite, but Vega didn't get it. Sure, she got charm speak, but she had to bear with her unbearable siblings and her annoying mother, too.

message 15: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Yes. Things are very wrong. My sibling just murdered every sketch in this book and I didn't see them totally, so I am just going to go on a stabbing spree tonight while everyone is sleeping. How much blood is in a body again? Astrid was tempted to answer her question with exactly that, but someone would probably call Chiron on her and therefore she would practically be dead much like the person who splashed her.
"No, everything is fine," she said instead. She had to bite back a sarcastic comment once more in her life, but she hid it on her face. Much like Vega she spent her life hiding her emotions and what she really wanted to say. "So who are you?" Astrid changed the subject.

message 16: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

"I can tell that you're lying," Vega said, biting her lower lip while watching the girl's face carefully. She knew she would only annoy the girl by pressing her about the matter more, but she wanted to know. That was how she was, though. Vega always liked to help people out, even if they refused the help. She was born that way and there wasn't anything she could do to change that. Strange for a child of Aphrodite, but Vega liked being different. Being normal was boring. Being unique, crazy, weird, and random came naturally to her and it made her stand out from the rest.
"I'm Vega, by the way," she said with a smile.

message 17: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy took a deep breath, staring at the sky. He was laying on a flat rock, hands behind his head. Most people would think that he was thinking, but in reality he was having a conversation with himself.
Please don't embarrass me again, he thought.
I don't try to, it just happens, another voice answered.

message 18: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Kellin walked to the lake, looking for somewhere where people wouldn't bother him. He wanted to write, not stories but song lyrics. He found it as something to do that was fun and kept him from going insane. He saw one other guy at the lake but ignored him.

message 19: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy glanced to the side and saw the other guy. He smirked slightly, then returned his gaze to the sky.
Well stop making it happen!
I can't just turn it on and off like the tap!

message 20: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Kellin sat down, a little ways away from the other guy. He opened his notebook to a page that had lyrics he had already written. He tapped softly on the book with a pen, humming softly. He was trying to figure out a good beat for the song.

message 21: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy turned his head again, looking at the boy. "Hey!" He yelled at him. "Watcha doin?" Most of the time he honestly didn't give a crap if people wanted to talk to him or not.

message 22: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Kellin kept tapping but shouted back to the guy. "Working on some music!" He had an entire notebook full of lyrics. Some from songs he liked by varying artists and bands and some his own work. He read over his lyrics trying to figure out the best way to sing it.

message 23: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy smiled slightly and stood up on the rock. He hopped off and ran a hand through his hair, walking over to the other boy. "Would you like help? I hear I can be quite musical," he said with a smirk.

message 24: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Kellin smiled slightly. "Sure." He kept tapping on the notebook, humming softly. He hummed reading the lyrics of the song.

message 25: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (last edited Nov 28, 2014 09:09PM) (new)

"So first the beat. Why don't you try something like this?" He pulled two pencils and started to drum a fast paced beat on his knee. "Unless you want it to be slower,then you could try this." He began a different beat. It was slower than the first one.

message 26: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Kellin listened to the rhythms. "The first one, definitely." He moved his arm and turned the notebook so the other guy could see the lyrics Kellin had written.

message 27: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy's eyes drifted over the page and he smiled slightly at what he saw. "I like it, very Fall Out Boy-y," he said with a small chuckle. "I'm guessing that you've got the tune already?"

message 28: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Thanks. And yeah. I think I've got the tune for it." Kellin read through his lyrics. He wondered what kind of music this other guy liked. It was pretty easy to figure out what music Kellin liked. He wore a Black Veil Brides T-shirt and had a bunch of rubber bracelets around his arm from different bands he listened to.

message 29: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy noticed the other boy's bracelets and grinned when he read them. "Oh my gods dude. You are officially awesome." His smile grew a. "Panic! At The Disco? Fall Out Boy? Black Veil Brides? I love all of those bands. I know, I am the official emo kid down the block."

message 30: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Kellin smiled at Andy's reaction. "I'm one of them too, emo kids down the block. I guess we are both awesome. How come in the six years I've been here, I've never met you?" Kellin asked. He wondered how come in six years he hadn't met Andy, probably the only other person at CHB who liked the same music as him.

message 31: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"I have no clue, but this is way long overdue." He chuckled. "Everyone else here has no taste in music whatsoever. So I was in the music house and playing 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' and this dude got made and asked why the lyrics made no sense." He frowned.

message 32: by Fallen Catalyst (last edited Nov 29, 2014 08:37AM) (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "People. Is it really that hard to listen to good music, I mean seriously. 'I Write Sins Not Tradgedies' is an awesome song." Kellin shook his head. He flipped through his notebook, looking for some of the other songs he had wrote.

message 33: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"I know, it's pretty awesome." Andy looked down and twirled a silver ring around his pinky finger. When he looked back at Kellin he said, "I'm Andy, who are you? I feel like I should know your name considering we're the only people in this camp who like good music."

message 34: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "It is really awesome." Kellin found the right page and looked up. "Nice to meet you, Andy. I'm Kellin." He smiled slightly, looking up Andy.

message 35: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"Nice to meet you too." Andy smiled back slightly. "So you've written more than one song. What do you need for this one?" He asked, scanning the page.

message 36: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "On this one, nothing. Except a band." Kellin turned his attention back to the page, reading the lyrics.

message 37: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"I can play electric guitar and bass," he offered with a small smile. "I can always play if you get together a band."

message 38: by Fallen Catalyst (last edited Nov 29, 2014 10:07AM) (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Awesome. It would be a lot easier to get together a band if people here had actual music taste though." Kellin flipped through his notebook looking at different lyrics.

message 39: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy nodded. "Well at least there's at least two of us not already brainwashed by society and what's 'in'," he said.

message 40: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Society sucks. And I think I may know one other person here who hasn't been brainwashed." Kellin said, thinking. He was trying to remember if he had seen the person recently.

message 41: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"Really? Well then you should remember quicker," Andy said with a small smile, "before I smack you upside the head."

message 42: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "I'm working on it and if you smack me I have every right to punch you in the face." Kellin was a son of ares.

message 43: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Andy smiled. "I knew I'd like you." That's when he switched, blinking rapidly. He pulled glasses out of his pocket and put them on. "Uh, I-I'm sorry. Please don't punch me."

message 44: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Same here." Kellin smiled. He looked up hearing Andy asking Kellin to not punch him. "You alright, Andy?" He asked.

message 45: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"Uh, y-yeah, I think." He pushed the glasses farther up his nose. "Oh Gods, I did it again, he's going to kill me," he muttered.

message 46: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Your alter ego is gonna kill you? That would kill him too though." Kellin kept flipping through his notebook.

message 47: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"I know- I meant it metaphorically-" he switch again, this time taking off the glasses and throwing them into the ocean. "Damn it, sorry 'bout that. Being insane comes with being a son of Janus."

message 48: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "It's all good." Kellin was looking at the lyrics of some of his favorite bands.

message 49: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

"I might know a girl for the band, actually. I don't know if she's dead yet or not though," Andy said, thinking.

message 50: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Let's hope she's not dead. Why don't we go see if we can find her then?" Kellin asked, standing up.

« previous 1 3 4

♆ Camp Half-Blood ♆ ♔α яσℓερℓαү♔

unread topics | mark unread