CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2014 Weekly Threads > Help me pick next year's Grand Prize!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (liz_the_librarian) So, hopefully by now, everyone knows that the grand prize winner of this challenge will receive an iPad. We will be buying it in the next couple of weeks, and I'll be able to announce the specs at that time.

Since everyone in this group has been very active and friendly, I'd like to get your feedback on what next year's grand prize should be. Should we do another eReader type device, like a Kindle? Or should it be something else entirely? Leave your suggestions here!

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 130 comments I think a Kindle Fire would be kind of awesome, but I'm a big fan of amazon products.

An amazon gift card or something (think of all the books you could get!) might be another idea, or maybe a combination of both.

message 3: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Hay | 41 comments I think the iPad or a kindle would be a great idea! Also love the previously suggested idea of doing an Amazon giftcard because I know most of the books I buy come from Amazon!

message 4: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I like the Kindle idea, but I would rather it be a Kindle for reading, not a Kindle Fire. Love the Amazon GC too for lots of books to read! A Barnes & Noble GC. I forget what the new Amazon Unlimited Book/month membership. It's fun to have it be related to books in some way.

message 5: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments When counting how many books we read, will you be counting off the library tally or the Goodreads tally? There are 2 books I read that I had read in previous years so my library book count is 2 books higher than my Goodreads total books read.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz (liz_the_librarian) Ingrid, we will definitely be counting from the library's system. Make sure you log all the books you've read this year in your library 52 Book account. If you have questions about accessing it or making an account to log your books, send me an email at esteyer@infopeake.org.

message 7: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments Thanks. I have been logging all my books on both the library system and Goodreads. I'm excited that this challenge will continue next year!

message 8: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments Thanks. I have been logging all my books on both the library system and Goodreads. I'm excited that this challenge will continue next year!