Bodacious Book Buddies discussion

Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1)
This topic is about Jenny Pox
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Jennifer and Katy November Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah18) Here you go girls - let me know what you decided for the book and I can attach it to this discussion!

message 2: by Katy (last edited Nov 08, 2014 03:00AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) Hopefully I'm doing this right. I'm guessing we're supposed to just review this as we read (4 chapters @ a time, in this case). Using spoiler tags in case I'm wrong though!

(view spoiler)
So far, it has a little bit of that obvious Shatter Me vibe going on but I think it's going to be totally different and I'm really looking forward to continuing/finishing it! On to chapters 5-8! Well, through eight...to 9. You know what I mean. =P

message 3: by Katy (last edited Nov 08, 2014 02:33AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) We're reading Jenny Pox, by the way.

message 4: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah18) As soon as I get home to a computer I can actually edit on, I will attach the book to the thread :D

Enjoy ladies.

And Katy you two can do this however you like, if you choose to use spoilers just so you can get your thoughts out in case you get ahead of Jennifer then go for it! :D And if you ladies wish to rather make a reading schedule go for it! It's a free for all on your guys' page :D

message 5: by Katy (last edited Nov 08, 2014 05:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I finished chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8 which is exceptionally long for this book, BTW) (view spoiler)
Still going the general way of Shatter Me but I'm liking it more for some reason I can't explain. And I liked Shatter Me! Maybe it's just because I haven't finished it - I honestly don't have a clue.

message 6: by Katy (last edited Nov 10, 2014 02:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) Well, I just finished up chapter 12 and I must say, this is going very much as I thought it would...BTW, this is significantly less YA than I'd anticipated - yeesh! (view spoiler)

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) ok. I am catching up now :):):)

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) I feel bad for Jenny, but that Ashleigh.....ugh! lol

message 9: by Katy (last edited Nov 12, 2014 02:33AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) UGH- I know right?!

Sorry about posting in the wrong place before, Savannah!

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) Its definitley weird. Lol. It keeps me interested.

message 11: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I agree - interesting/weird for sure!

I'm liking it so far, but I'm only partway through Chapter 19. I fell behind a bit when I was hanging out with my parents. Then later, I had an appointment, got a flu shot, and felt crummy so I haven't caught up 'cause I've been sleeping a LOT.

Anywho, as of mid-chapter 19 things at OK. Still Can't stand Ashleigh, of course (view spoiler)

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) Take your time! That's what's good about buddy reads :). Ashleigh is like that girl in school who is super popular etc... never liked that in school. lol

message 13: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I didn't mind popular people as long as they weren't mean. Ashleigh reminds me of an Ashley I knew in high school. Rich, Head Cheerleader and everything. She was actually known for being "easy" and as far as I know, very few people really liked her. That must suck. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Speaking of sucking, I missed a couple of days of reading 'cause I had a migraine. I'm going to try to catch up today though! =) What Chapter are you on now; or are you done?

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) I'm done. take your time :). Migraines suck! I get sinus ones a lot. not pleasant.

message 15: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I was almost done and then I thought "Well, If Jennifer's waiting for me, I don't want to finish the book without her."

(view spoiler)(I know this is is our thread for discussion, but in case anyone happens across it, I don't want to ruin it for them...)

Anyway, I'm going to finish it RIGHT NOW 'cause I'm going crazy

message 16: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) Wow, that did NOT go quite the way I expected. I liked it though! Something I didn't mention in my last post:
didn't you like how that guy's name changed from Albie to Arbie mid-sentence? LOL

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) Lol. Me neither. The ending was totally crazy ( you know the part I am talking about.) Didn't see that happen! I am debating whether or not to get the next one. Part of me wants to see what happens if there are more of their kind. In a way it sort of reminds me of Carrie by Stephen King. Lol

message 18: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah18) Feel free to talk openly about the book guys! :D

message 19: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) Thanks, Savannah! =) LOL Yeah, like if Carrie got a crazy/weird HEA! It just kind of seemed like the author didn't want to commit to a story - First the 1 thing you knew was that Jenny would never hurt anyone. We KNOW that. Then you're pretty darn sure Seth's DEAD and he can never come back! Then Jenny's mad (and everyone knows that when you're mad the only logical thing to do is kill everyone in the whole town except your dad and some of the pregnant girls, duh.) Then suddenly, oopsie! Turns out Seth's OK after all...my bad for going plague-crazy and murdering all those people. Except Ashleigh. That girl was legitimately insane/evil incarnate!

message 20: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah18) Are you ladies done in here? I'll archive this if you are, if not I'll leave it open a couple more days!

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) I enjoyed reading with you Katy :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.