Ask Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman discussion

Neil Gaiman
This topic is about Neil Gaiman
Book Recommendations > Favorite Neil Gaiman book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ami (new)

Ami (amiwithani) | 6 comments Mod
What's your favorite Neil Gaiman book? Share your opinion here.

message 2: by Lygia (new)

message 3: by L.N. (new)

L.N. Holmes (lnholmes) | 2 comments Neverwhere and Fragile Things

message 4: by Rob Secundus (new)

Rob Secundus (quintessential_defenestration) I very much like Angels and Visitations: A Miscellany, a bit because it's a lovely collection of short stories, and it's got great illustrations, but more importantly it's so weird. It's got all kinds of stuff that you would never expect to be collected, from youthful essays to wondrous poems. It's delightful.

message 5: by Lupe (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 4 comments American Gods and Neverwhere for sure!

message 7: by Simran (new)

Simran The Graveyard Book The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

message 8: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) Ooh tough one, I'd have to say either Stardust or Coraline. Neverwhere is excellent too!

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (needmoreshelves) I love certain works for various reasons, but the ones I return to the most often are Stardust, Fragile Things, and the Sandman series.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

What is your favorite book that you have written?

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) | 2 comments Coraline by Neil Gaiman Definitely Coraline.

message 12: by Scoozer (new)

Scoozer American Gods followed by Anansi Boys, although I must say I enjoyed reading Fortunately, the Milk to my son immensely. I am looking forward to reading Hansel and Gretel.

message 13: by Sean (new)

Sean | 1 comments Mine has been Neverwhere ever sinse it was written.

message 14: by Judith (new)

Judith (jaensea) | 3 comments I would choose Neverwhere, it was the first one I read and is still my favorite. Second choice, Anansi Boys.

message 15: by Aldeena (new)

Aldeena  (chrysalis11) | 2 comments The Ocean at the End of the Lane without a doubt. It completely blew me away. Before reading this one my favourite had always been Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

message 17: by David (new)

David Basora (psymako) | 2 comments First of all, the Sandman series as a whole is one of my all time favorites; I can't get enough of the Endless. Otherwise, I would have to say The Graveyard Bookhas now usurped American Gods as my favorite Gaiman novel.

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments Lygia wrote: "I think Stardust or The Graveyard Book"

These are my favorites too! ♥

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney King (dreddiknight) | 2 comments The Sandman series as a whole, but, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones in particular.
Close runners up are American Gods & Anansi Boys

message 20: by Jeremy (last edited Nov 09, 2014 08:09AM) (new)

Jeremy | 2 comments American Gods for sure. I re-read it once a year and it's never lost its allure.

message 21: by Yehia (new)

Yehia Shehata | 1 comments The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones Especially since I've just read it last month. I only ever read the Sandman and Ocean at the end of the lane, though.

message 22: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Mckibben | 1 comments Lygia wrote: "I think Stardust or The Graveyard Book"

i love the graveyard and that is the only book from nail Gaiman that i read

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite Neil Gaimen book that he has written has to be Coraline because I loved he way he wrote the specific details and the way he describes the characters and the settings and the characters reactions in the book.

message 24: by Erica (new)

Erica (esteen) Definitely The Graveyard Book!

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather | 2 comments Ami wrote: "What's your favorite Neil Gaiman book? Share your opinion here." I loved American Gods, but the Sandman series changed my life. Personifying Death, Dream, and all of the siblings as he did put everything in a completely different light.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite Neil Gaiman book has to be Coraline.

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanieaz) | 2 comments The Ocean at the End of the Lane and his collaboration Good Omens.

message 28: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cordova | 1 comments Neverwhere - always and forever.

message 29: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) Good Omens and American Gods.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors because I love the way he writes his books with his specific details and his ideas and his ideas he puts in his books are brilliant.

message 31: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 1 comments Oooh, can't pick just one! Actually never read one that I didn't like but favorites are (in no particular order) American Gods, The Graveyard Book, Good Omens and The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy Greenberg | 1 comments All. But Sandman (ALL) has been a top read since 1993....American Gods, Anansi Boys, Good Omens, Fragile Things, Neverwhere......just everything is amazing and worth giving a try!

message 33: by Julio (new)

Julio (momochitl) | 2 comments I've been a fan since Neil began Sandman back in the 80s, and would be hard pressed to pick something other than the whole Sandman series as my favorite work of his. But I've loved all his work over the years for a variety of reasons. The Ocean at the End of the Lane was fantastic and really resonated with me...and his first collection of short stories, Angels and Visitations also holds a special place in my heart.

message 34: by Samya (new)

Samya Ghosh (samyasamvinci) | 1 comments He is one of the most consistant writers that I know about. Amidst all his works that I have read, my favorite would definately be Sandman : Season of Mists.

Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill (theindigoquill) I really don't think I can pick just one!

message 36: by Brett (new)

Brett | 4 comments For me it's American Gods. I have enjoyed all of Neil's novels, but I think American Gods has the best thought-out plot and well-developed characters. The Graveyard Book was also really nice. I love the line about Silas only eating one thing (and it isn't bananas).

message 37: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Who | 2 comments Really love Coraline.

message 38: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rniola) | 2 comments From the books I have read I really enjoyed the Graveyard book.

message 39: by Ana (new)

Ana (93woodnotes) | 2 comments I have yet to read all of Gaiman's books, but my favorites so far are American Gods, Good Omens, and then Preludes and Nocturnes and Season of Mists from Sandman.

message 40: by Neil (new)

Neil | 3 comments Picking a favourite is hard! I got into Gaiman via Sandman so those will always have a special place on the list but I think the one I keep revisiting for story, character and humour is Anansi Boys.

message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara Dee | 2 comments There is no possible way to pick 1 Neil Gaiman book as a favorite!

My first book was Neverware...got me hooked.

American Gods is phenomenal.

Stardust is probably my favorite fairy tale.

The Graveyard Book is amazing, childhoods in cemeteries are not as rare as I thought.

Coralline is the perfect story for the pre-teen in your life that's a little darker than her peers.

Mr Punch is so deliciously haunting

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVED THE BOOK CORALINE!!!!!!

message 43: by Frances (new)

Frances (frankie1199) Gotta say Odd and the Frost Giants. (OOOOOHH we have a hipster over here. Or just an 8-year-old)

message 44: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sabrelady) | 4 comments It varies according to my mood. In no particular but rotating order: Neverwhere, Good Omens, The Graveyard Book, American Gods. I like the others jes fine but these are my continual re reads, and Graveyard is my GoTo as a gift for children.( gateway Gaiman?)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

What is the book about?

message 46: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sabrelady) | 4 comments Witch Book?

message 47: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana | 1 comments My first Gaiman experience was with The Graveyard Book, so that one holds a special place. But it's really hard to choose just one book from all the ones I've read so I'll just name my top five (in no specific order):

Good Omens
Anansi Boys
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neverwhere
Coraline

message 49: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 2 comments I love Coraline and Anansi Boys.

message 50: by Crystal (new)

Crystal My knee jerk response is to say American Gods or possibly Ocean at the End of the Lane, but honestly Sleeper and the Spindle is my favorite, because it spoke to me on a visceral level. I wish that I had read stories like that when I was a little girl, because I would have felt empowered instead of overlooked.

« previous 1