UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Kindle voyage reviews

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments So your voyage has arrived. Why not tell us what you think.

message 2: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Nov 04, 2014 10:52AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Resoluti...

Firstly, it came in a package small enough to be posted through the letter box. This for me is a real bonus as I am never home when the postman comes.

It comes in the usual easy open Amazon packaging with a nice black inner box that was also easy to get into.

It only took a couple of minutes to discard the pointless documentation and get to the welcome screen. This screen basically tells you how to turn on. After that it asks you to set up Wifi (I didn't get a 3G version).

You then get led through a simple tutorial showing you how the touch screen works, the dictionary and the wiki.

To start with I found the backlit screen a bit disturbing but I have upgraded from a KK so this backlight thing was all new to me.

All your books are held on the cloud including those that I didn't buy from Amazon! This is no problem though, it took a couple of seconds to move a book from the cloud to the local machine.

Page turn is fast and flicker free. I love the haptic page turn buttons. They give a little feedback when you press them. I will probably use those (again having come from KK to the Voyage). Buttons are on both sides so you can use the Voyage left or right handed.

The unit is thin and light and felt nice to hold.

I am about to play with the backlight and put it on charge.

This is a nice piece of kit and first impressions are good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Resoluti...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Want!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Spiderg1rl) (spiderg1rl) | 735 comments I've just ordered mine because it's jumped from the 8th of December to one to two months as an estimated delivery day and I want it for Christmas.

There are a few very thorough reviews on amazons site now. I was pretty decided before but all of the reviews are enough to settle it for me.