Forever Young Adult BookClub Chicago! discussion

November / December Book Club Meetup

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Indiana (new)

Indiana Since we met so late in October and everyone is so busy around the holidays, we are going to combine the November and December book club meetups into one. I suspect after Thanksgiving / early December would be best. What dates work best for everyone? Should we try for either Saturday December 6 or Sunday December 7?

Also, we need suggestions of a place to meet since we will need to move indoors for the winter. Any ideas for someplace that will be festive for the holidays?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Lund (elizabeth_lund) | 17 comments Dec. 6 or 7 work for me, but I have no brilliant ideas for places...

message 3: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 31 comments Sunday is better for me. I work most Saturdays. I don't know about a place either.... I will think about it.

message 4: by Indiana (new)

Indiana Okay, let's plan on meeting on the 7th then.

Argh why is it so hard to think of a place to meet?! I wish Borders still existed. Every place I think of will be too crowded or too expensive.

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 31 comments Do you just want to go back the Alliance bakery? They have the inside section. I have no idea if it's festive for Christmas though.

message 6: by Indiana (new)

Indiana My only hesitation with Alliance, whenever I went in the inside section, everyone was sitting there quietly reading or working on their computers. Not sure if that is always the norm but if it is, it wouldn't work too well for us.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Lund (elizabeth_lund) | 17 comments What about the cafe inside Nordstrom, 4th floor? Not especially Christmasy, but it's a nice environment, close to downtown, and is usually not very crowded: http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-nordstro...

message 8: by Indiana (new)

Indiana Oh that is a good idea! I suspect it is more crowded on weekends in December than the rest of the year but we should still be able to get a table there. And the store and the mall should at least be festively decorated.

Can we try for 1 PM for this meetup? They have a nice selection of food and then I can just have lunch there.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Lund (elizabeth_lund) | 17 comments 1 PM would work for me!

message 10: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 31 comments Sounds fine to me.

message 11: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jpassehl) | 1 comments Hi all! I'm new to this group and am excited to read this book. What do I need to do to join the discussion? How will I be able to find you?

Thanks,
Jennie

message 12: by Indiana (new)

Indiana Hi Jennie, I'm going to create an event on goodreads later this week for the meetup and you should get a PM when it goes up. The event will list the location and time of our meeting. If you are worried about finding us at the meetup location we can always exchange contact info so you can find us.

message 13: by Indiana (new)

Indiana We are here and in line for food and a table.

message 14: by Indiana (new)

Indiana Now we are seated. Look for us in a booth with books.

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori (superlologirl) I must be completely blind. I missed you guys. Hope to see you next time.

message 16: by Indiana (new)

Indiana Lori, So sorry you missed us! Next time give us your number so you can text us and find us.