What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Bring on the Blessings (Blessings, #1)
This topic is about Bring on the Blessings
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. African American woman who purchased a small town and adopted at risk children [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Brown | 4 comments Looking for the title of the books of a African American woman who purchased a small town and adopted at risk kids. There is like 5 books in this series and the authors' first name is Brenda but for the life of me I can't seem to remember her last name or the names of any of the books. Please help... thanks

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments maybe something from Brenda Jackson or Brenda Hampton? How many years ago did you read this?

What genre?
For kids, teens, or adults?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Brown | 4 comments No it's neither of them. It's more of maybe a YA book. The main lady or boss lady as she is called in the book had just divorced her very rich husband and took half of his assets. Which she then purchased a small town and adopted like 7 at risk kids. She had to convince the elders of the town to help her save the youth by adopting them which also in turn would help them save their town from developers who wanted to turn the town which was rich with African American history into a strip mall. It is a series of about 5 books or so. I would love to continue to read them but again I can't for the life of me figure out the name of the books or the author's name. Thanks for helping!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Someone, please find this--I'd love to read it, too!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Brown | 4 comments Please, please, please help!!!!

message 6: by Kris (last edited Nov 09, 2014 01:39PM) (new)

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Brown | 4 comments Thank you so very much Kris!!!!! Theses are the books I've been looking for. You are totally awesome!!! Anyone looking for a great read should check these books out. Have a great night and happy reading!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Great! So glad we could help. Happy reading to you too. :)