♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Monthly Book Discussions > Emotional Roller Coasters

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) | 370 comments What book/s have you read that you couldn't help but feel the characters' emotions to the full extent? Complete empathy, you cry when they cry, you laugh when they laugh, etc.

Do you like books that make you feel this way?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I love emotional reads! To me it means the author has done their job if I can really feel the characters.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) | 370 comments I absolutely love emotional reads! There is just so much tension that I can't help but be sucked into the story.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 794 comments i love emotional reads. last night i knew i had to start early for work the next day and i still sat through they night reading a book. i kept telling myself that i would go to sleep after one more chapter and decided to finish the book anyway.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Medhurst (rachelmedhurst) | 28 comments I love emotional reads. I get so wrapped up in the characters and always feel what they're feeling.

I remember reading Kim Harrisons Rachel Morgan series and when someone died in it I cried liked crazy! (Don't want to give away too much)

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee Waite (deeannwaite) | 4 comments Charlene wrote: "I like such reads because of the strong connection I feel towards the characters. It's as though you are one with the MC, experiencing the journey as she grows and matures.
My favourite emotional ..."

I agree Charlene! I love to feel the connection to the characters in such a way that I feel as if it's me going through the emotional growth period. As strange as it sounds, there are times when I finish a book that I feel as if came out a stronger person for having "lived" through so much. :)