SCPL Teens discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Battle of the Books > The Fault in Our Stars vs. If I Stay

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
Which is a better epic love story and why?

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany McLain (bethanyandbooks) | 4 comments Defiantly TFiOS, Hazel and Augustus love each other so much, but they don't want to hurt one another. They feel love, and loss. And that is what makes it so heartbreaking.

In If I Stay, she has all the power of if she leaves or not. He just tries to make her stay. Their memories together are not as involved as hazel and Augustus.

message 3: by Sangeetha (new)

Sangeetha | 5 comments I would also say TFIOS. The book is so well written and very interesting. Its a beautiful romance novel. You can read it 10 times and still be interested in reading it again. The book starts out very well and the reader gets encased in another world. Its a book you can not put down until it is finished.

message 4: by Lizzy K (new)

Lizzy K | 8 comments I'd go with the fault in our stars, and not just because of popular opinion. I thought that if I stay lacked originality, structure, and enough story to be worth reading. I got through the book in an hour, leaving me wondering what the big deal was! In my opinion, this story was just a huge let down. And that's a wrap!:) :P

message 5: by Daniella (new)

Daniella | 2 comments i really Ilke the Moive it great i really like it beacuse it about this girl go to this group that and she meet this guy and become friends begin of the moive and then middes of moive boyfriend girlfriend and end of the moive the pass away and alone

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Charan | 2 comments Although I haven't read "If I Stay", I feel that "The Fault in Our Stars" is a really interesting approach towards a love story. It helps readers to understand that a disability does not define a person, and that love is found in all sorts of places. It also goes over topics like inner beauty, and makes readers think and reflect after reading the book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.