Creatures of the Night discussion

Book Discussions > Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Katriana | 425 comments Mod
I thought we could use some books in our group bookshelf, or to talk about, or just because we need to liven his part of our group up. So chat away because I don't want to end up talking to myself.

message 2: by Katriana, Altering Reality (last edited Nov 05, 2014 01:41PM) (new)

Since one of my first comments on this site was about zombies here's one of my favorite series with them in it.

In this apocalyptic, futuristic society the world has been thrown down the drain. The twist is that the zombies don't decay and they're getting smarter?

Tell me what you guys think.

Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre Horde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre

message 3: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "There is this series that i really love you might like it too. it call Chicagoland Vampire series it really good"

Cool thanks I'll go read it then!

message 4: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "you should go look at my book there might be some there you like too"

K.

message 5: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "How the book so far"

It's going good but I think I read the book too fast. It's only been one day and I finished it. *frowns* My reading buddy hasn't gotten very far so I'm a bit stuck. I think I'll start the series you suggested since I have to wait for her. Problem is the overdrive library app only has the second book so I have to wait for a library to ship out the book and then pick it up the old fashioned way.

message 6: by Katriana, Altering Reality (last edited Nov 08, 2014 11:06PM) (new)

I think I'll add another series to our bookshelf since there are no new recommendations. It's a vampire series that I enjoy and has grown in popularity. Well enjoy.
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

message 7: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

XD Okay I'll read it too.

message 8: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "i love this series too. Bloodless Series is good too.

www. Bloodless.com"

Wait, who is the author?

message 9: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "Richelle Mead she the same Author of Vampires Academy"

Oh did you mean the off shoot series Bloodlines?

message 10: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "house of night is a good series."

I read the first few books but there was a lot of love drama. And before I forget do you want me to put any books on the group bookshelf?

message 11: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "share girl"

XD Got it.

message 12: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "have you read Black Bird it a Manga it Japanese"

Yep, currently reading it but I'm at the beginning. I'm at the part where they're introducing the brother.

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 3 comments Hi! I like to recommend the mortal instrument series and the infernal devices cause they have a mix of everything.

message 14: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die- wrote: "Hi! I like to recommend the mortal instrument series and the infernal devices cause they have a mix of everything."

Got it, how is the infernal devices series I've only read the mortal instruments?

message 15: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Since we've added demi-gods this series seems fitting to add.
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

message 16: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "are they good book. i have saw the movie but i have read the first book. not the rest of the series"

I thought it was a great series. But if you like romance in your stories it isn't very romance oriented. It has a lot of action though.

message 17: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "i like different kind of books."

How about books with wizards?

message 18: by Katriana, Altering Reality (new)

Japanese Girl ^.^ wrote: "yep"

I liked this series and the romance is a little more pronounced but doesn't take away from the action.
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Forsgren | 1 comments If you like zombie books, two fairly new YA zombie series are: The Rot and Ruin series by Jonathan Maberry...the Enemy series by Charlie Higson. These are both 2 really good series.

message 20: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1 comments If you like vampire stories 'SAINT VAMPIRE' is really good. Kind of grabs you.

message 21: by Kyla (new)

Kyla Stan Hi there :)
Would anyone be interested in a werewolf YA book I wrote? It's now available on Kindle for .99c!

Violet is an outcast. She’s bullied at school, her boyfriend is abusive and she doesn’t have a family to call her own. But when a terrible truth emerges, Violet decides she’s had enough with the life she’s faced with, and desires to kill herself.

But someone, or something thinks she’s worth saving. When she’s bitten by Tohon, a werewolf warrior, they discover that Violet has the power to destroy an enemy that haunts Tohon’s pack.

These new werewolf abilities might be too much for Violet to handle on her own.

In this riveting Young Adult novel about facing your fears, death, friendship and love, Violet must decide who she really is; a raging animal, or a kind spirit.

https://www.amazon.com/Poet-Tongue-Ky...