LITTLE BOOK CLUB discussion

The Twistrose Key (The Twistrose Key, #1)
This topic is about The Twistrose Key
NOVEMBER | The Twistrose Key > Chapters 21-31

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caz (littlebookowl) (littlebookowl) | 114 comments Mod
What do you love and dislike the most about the book so far?

*SPOILERS for up to chapter 31 present below*

The Rudie Librarian (Brian) (therudielibrarian) I adore the snow magic part of this book. I think it is what makes me feel like it is truly a cultural book. You can feel some of the Norse mythology seeping through the story and it is beautiful.

Haylie Grace (hayliegrace) | 7 comments I continue to be drifted into another world through the author's beautiful writing! However I'm feeling a little bit as though I'm beginning to get a bit tired of the storyline, beginning to lose interest somewhat. This isn't to say that I'm not enjoying it, I think it's a cute story. But maybe it lacks some sort of depth for me at this point.

Maggieoh | 8 comments Haylie wrote: "I continue to be drifted into another world through the author's beautiful writing! However I'm feeling a little bit as though I'm beginning to get a bit tired of the storyline, beginning to lose i..."

Haylie--I started to feel like I was losing interest a bit during the middle of this section, but that changed for me when Minor stepped on the snow globe and then Clariselyn came into play. Now I'm really curious to see if they will be able to save Isvan (I hope so!)

Adrienne | 60 comments I am about to start 32. Those last couple chapters were pretty intense. Poor isvan. My heart broke just a little. I keep thinking about his dark materials and narnia when i read this book. I kind of wish there was more snow magic in this book. At times i feel like i lose interest in the book. However, i think it's really starting to pick up again.

Maggieoh | 8 comments I love: Lin and Minor. Both of their character's are so likable. Minor's bravery and loyalty are especially admirable.

I dislike: still feeling unsure about Teodor. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I really can't tell which side he's playing.

My heart broke along with Isvan's snow globe. Tone's description of Minor sobbing made me so sad! That incident re-piqued my interest in the book, because now I want to know if they're going to be able to bring Isvan back to life. I really hope so, because I want to meet his character and I REALLY want to know what the connection is between Lin and Isvan. Why do they look so much alike?

Also, I want to know what Niklas has to do with this story. It seems he was introduced for a reason and will play more of a role at some point.

Overall, I'd say the author did a great job because I am eager to finish this last quarter of the book and find out what happens.

Adrienne | 60 comments Maggieoh wrote: "I love: Lin and Minor. Both of their character's are so likable. Minor's bravery and loyalty are especially admirable.

I dislike: still feeling unsure about Teodor. I'm not sure if I'm missing so..."

I have been waiting for awhile for niklas to come back into the picture. I feel like we should have heard from him by now. I guess we will see?

Maggieoh | 8 comments Adrienne wrote: "Maggieoh wrote: "I love: Lin and Minor. Both of their character's are so likable. Minor's bravery and loyalty are especially admirable.

I dislike: still feeling unsure about Teodor. I'm not sure ..."

I think we will! I think there's going to be a Niklas/Isvan connection.

Haylie Grace (hayliegrace) | 7 comments Adrienne wrote: "I am about to start 32. Those last couple chapters were pretty intense. Poor isvan. My heart broke just a little. I keep thinking about his dark materials and narnia when i read this book. I kind o..."

Hi Adrienne :) I definitely agree that the action seems to be picking up again! And I wish there was more snow magic too!

Angela Crouch (angierose8811) | 4 comments Adrienne wrote: "Maggieoh wrote: "I love: Lin and Minor. Both of their character's are so likable. Minor's bravery and loyalty are especially admirable.

I dislike: still feeling unsure about Teodor. I'm not sure ..."

The book keeps mentioning Niklas and I really want him to come into play somehow, someway!

message 11: by Kassie (new)

Kassie (sassyykassie) | 36 comments I like the quick pace of the story
But I also have some issues with the same thing lol

I feel like we didn't even get a breath to mourn for isvan before moving forward

Jacob | 8 comments I really love how this book is not afraid to have bad things happen, I find when I read fantasy books they usually don't have bad events happen in them. I dislike the animal puns in the book I don't know why I just find them cheesy. I am seriously loving this book.