Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Don't Let The Demons Eat Your Heart (Daughters of Darkness #1)
40 views
To Add Or Not To Add

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil | 270 comments I went from '18 people added it' to '17 people added it' But honestly ... it's ok. I don't even know who removed it.

I love me, who do you love :) Self affirmation is good, right?

Have any of you experienced this?


message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard | 490 comments Mod
Mine has slowly crept down from around the 800 mark to 764. The damn thing has been out there for so long now though, I thought it was probably just people growing old, one by one, and dying off!


message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) The figure probably varies as people purge their lists. I get purged all the time.


Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
Happens to me as well. I assume some people simply don't review and use their to read list as a, well, as a list. Once they read, they check 'em off and be done with it. At least a dropped add isn't a one star review, right?


message 5: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil | 270 comments Christina wrote: "Happens to me as well. I assume some people simply don't review and use their to read list as a, well, as a list. Once they read, they check 'em off and be done with it. At least a dropped add isn'..." I had multiple responses to that.

1)You always know what to say.
2)That would totally suk.
3)Right! :)

Ken wrote: "The figure probably varies as people purge their lists. I get purged all the time." I wish I could purge some people in my life, but it ain't that easy.

Richard wrote: "Mine has slowly crept down from around the 800 mark to 764. The damn thing has been out there for so long now though, I thought it was probably just people growing old, one by one, and dying off!" LOL!


message 6: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 283 comments I must admit I often use my to be read list as a list, and I will probably never read some of the books on it. But haven't once done a spring cleaning of it either.


Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
Thanks Turhan. I'm glad to see my charade of appearing totally not clueless is working. ;)

I think what gets me more than the "to read" folks is my two "currently reading" that have been doing so for two years.


message 8: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil | 270 comments Christina wrote: "Thanks Turhan. I'm glad to see my charade of appearing totally not clueless is working. ;)

I think what gets me more than the "to read" folks is my two "currently reading" that have been doing so ..."


omg. I have a 'currently reading' but only for a couple of months. BTW ... congrats, you little mod you :)


message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
I have some currently reading people that were updating their %... then stopped. I've resisted the urge to go to that spot and see where they were. So far. And chances are that's not where they stopped, but sometime later. Or they finished. Or...

Nevermind.


message 10: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil | 270 comments Jamie wrote: "I have some currently reading people that were updating their %... then stopped. I've resisted the urge to go to that spot and see where they were. So far. And chances are that's not where they sto..."

I know what you mean about resisting the urge to check on the 'currently reading' I am getting better at it.


message 11: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments It's worth bearing in mind, I think, that our books are far less important to our readers, than they are to us. I don't always update my percentage when I'm reading a book, do you?


message 12: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil | 270 comments Richard 2060 wrote: "It's worth bearing in mind, I think, that our books are far less important to our readers, than they are to us. I don't always update my percentage when I'm reading a book, do you?"

I used to but I stopped because it kept updating on my Facebook page as each incremental update each time and cluttered up my page, so I stopped. However I do agree with you about its 'importance' value with readers.


Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
I'll be honest, I never use to currently reading or even the want to read feature anymore because I don't want some poor author to think that I gave up on them when in reality I am just super busy.


message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
I do use Currently Reading, but only very occasionally update the %... usually just before I switch a book to my "started but set aside" list, for future reference. And usually for trad-pub books, not for indies. For indie books I wait until I'm sure I will finish a book before adding it to Currently Reading.


back to top