paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

Neverland
This topic is about Neverland
group reads archive > Neverland 100% spoilers

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
I am a week behind on everything so 25% spoilers starts today and we are back on track I will send out a broadcast message since it's starting so abruptly.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 299 comments No problem. I didn't even know this was our winner for the botm. I will start reading it soon.

Addy | 1944 comments I'm so glad this won, but I have too much I'm reading!! I'll prob join this but I'll be way behind.

Addy | 1944 comments Alright! Starting this now!

Addy | 1944 comments Love the illustrations! Nice and creepy:)

Addy | 1944 comments I'm on pg 50 and can't put this down. This is definitely a wtf kinda book! When beau enters the clubhouse be ready for some creepy weirdness!

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 299 comments I'm going to start on some of it tonight. I started last night but was too tired and couldn't remember what I read and have to re-read it, lol.

Addy | 1944 comments You won't be disappointed! If I cud I'd prob read to 25% right now, but I can't. I'll do it tonight. It's really good and I guess I wasn't expecting that:)

Addy | 1944 comments Ok, this Sumter kid is not normal. At the bait shop he does something pretty nasty!

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I reached 25% in a day. Wow! I hope everyone likes this as much as I do. Ready to discuss!

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy (manicsloth) | 787 comments I dwnldd the ebook from my local library, so I'm ready to start. Glad that this one is going well so far, Addy. I love coming of age stories.

message 12: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Me too Andy! Most of the time you can't go wrong with one.

Anyone else reading this in print or just me? If someone could tell me what chapters to stop at for each percentage we read I would appreciate it.

message 14: by Robert Krone (new) - added it

Robert Krone | 157 comments Figures this would win in the month I will be doing just about no reading. Would particpate in this read, but am doing National Novel Writing Month, like I have the last couple Novembers before this year.

message 15: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I'm reading the print book as well. I just stopped at pg 100.

Dany wrote: "Just work in 25% percentage increments of the 373pages: pages 93, 186, 279. If the pages land in a middle of a chapter, back track to the beginning of the chapter?"

That's the backup plan, diffrent editions are sometimes different though especially digital to print. It don't cost anything to add bonus stuff at the end and a lot of publishers like to throw in descriptions of other books they publish or excerpts from the same author and stuff like that. Just wanted to make sure I was on the same page add everyone else. Not rally a big deal though.

Vicki Willis Ok, well I am backed up this month, but Addy is making me want to read it so I will start this weekend.

message 18: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Yay! I'm dying to get back to this! Monday!

message 19: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Vicki, so glad my enthusiasm paid off! Let us know how u like it. I've already pulled some of my other Clegg books up to the forefront:)

I'm starting soon.

Vicki Willis Ok, so I read to 24%. Everyone in that family is crazy! The poor kid is stuck with a bunch of lunatics and the only one he can remotely relate to is sicko!
Liking it so far!

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Awesome! I totally agree. I kinda like the family drama. Definitely keeps me interested.

Fifty percent spoilers from here.

I'm about five pages in but will hopefully catch up this weekend.

message 25: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments So ready to put my kids to bed and jump into this again!

message 26: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments So I got to 150. The part where they all went flying was cool. I'd be scared out of my mind. I'm still confused at what happened to zinnia? I'm guessing she's still alive, but that was creepy. I knew Sumter was up to no good. I'm really interested in Lucy. What is it? What's the hierarchy because it seems that Sumter doesn't like that beau has been given more power. I'm not even sure if that's what it is.

message 27: by Andy (new)

Andy (manicsloth) | 787 comments I'm about 1/3 of the way through reading an epub in the stoopid Overdrive app, so I have no idea about page number or percentage.

Really enjoying this one so far. The familiar setting of a crappy vacation with oddball extended family members is a nice backdrop for all the weird stuff going on with that little freak Sumter. Everything seems totally normal, then BAM, he eats raw hamburger meat out of the alligator tank at the bait shop, or POW he appears to get his face ripped off by a god-demon sand crab.

I'm also curious to see how the main character's blood circulation issue is going to play into the story. It must have some effect later on, otherwise why include it in the story, right?

message 28: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I totally agree Andy but the only thing I can come up with is maybe something to do with a sacrifice? Not sure. What does everyone think about cricket and beau's dad? Do u think something happened between them?

Vicki Willis Ok... Weenie is just creepy and scary. Does she know what is going on out there even though she is in the wheelchair? I loved Zinnia and her "white trash" attitude. The way the author describes people's breath and teeth and smells is just disgusting! Can't wait to read on.

message 30: by Justin (last edited Nov 13, 2014 09:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm almost to 50% one good thing about being behind because of work is that I don't have to stop, this would be a hard one to put down. I'm not completely sure what all is going on yet, parts are completely bizarre. I love it though, I should get to 50% tomorrow.

75% from here

message 32: by Justin (last edited Nov 18, 2014 05:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I was on a job I could read on tonight for the first time in months and since I have no idea where I will be from here I went ahead and finished it. I am out until the final discussion.

Vicki Willis I think I am at about 75%. What a twisted story. I suspected the part about Governor and now it is time for Beau to do something. Now that Julianne is gone there is no sanity left. I am going to read to the end now.

100% spoilers from here.

The last 25% of this one was to action packed for me. I know most people like action but it bores me and I kind of lost interest. Still a good book but I have it three stars.

Vicki Willis It started much better than it ended. The last 15% was frantic and went on and on. Was glad when it ended.

message 37: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Just finished! I didn't mind the ending so bad. The craziness that occurred at the retreat was entertaining and creepy. It was a good ending for me and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Definitely want to read more from this author.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 299 comments Vicki wrote: "Ok, so I read to 24%. Everyone in that family is crazy! The poor kid is stuck with a bunch of lunatics and the only one he can remotely relate to is sicko!
Liking it so far!"

I felt like that too when reading it.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 299 comments I read the book today, I just had to know what Addy was all excited about! I liked the book and ended up giving it 3 stars. I didn't love it or hate it so that's good. The last 25% of the book was just go go go with all the crazy things happening. The bathtub scene, yuck what a nightmare. Meat falling off the bone, right before Thanksgiving, lol.