The Young Elites Fan Group discussion

Enzo Valenciano SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Elise (elisehamilton) | 39 comments Mod
!SPOILERS!
This discussion board will be about Enzo

message 2: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Do you think Enzo is really dead?

I don't. I think that he somehow faked his death.

I learned from other books that if you don't see the body after the death, that the person is alive.

Idk

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 3 comments I wonder if Mauve or the princess at the end of the book I forget her name will bring him back to have power over him like she does her brother.

message 4: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

I hope so, but remember what happened to her brother at the end. He was dying again. I just hope that Enzo won't die slowly like that if he is brought back to life

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 3 comments Was he dying? I didn't realize that. I just thought he was crazy.

message 6: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Stacy wrote: "Was he dying? I didn't realize that. I just thought he was crazy."

He may not have been dying, but it seemed that way to me. Even if he wasn't dying, I think that he wasn't very healthy, or that something bad was happening to him. Looking at the book, it says that his eyes were "like two glowing disks, the color not quite of this world." It also says "She knows that if she opened his chamber door and gave a command, his eyes would turn black and he could very well kill everyone in the palace yard."

I have no idea if that is a side effect of something that happened after she brought him back to life, or if he was a malfetto with powers before.

message 7: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

It also says "Somehow, over the last few months, his conversations had finally faded away into brief sentences. Every day, the light in his eyes grew more distant."

But that may just be his mental health deteriorating. I have no idea.

?

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 3 comments Very nice points! The last battle scene made me cry like a baby. I hope somehow Enzo is alive. Do you think Rapheale would hide that from her to protect Enzo?

message 9: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

That's a very good point. I never thought about it that way. From other books that I've read, I have learned to never believe someone is dead until you've seen the body, or the main character has. In this case she only saw Enzo's body right after she "killed" him, so it is a possibility.

Towards the center of the book in Raffaele's point of view, he was asking Enzo to kill Adelina. Maybe since he wanted Enzo to be safe, he told Adelina she couldn't be part of the Young Elites because he had Enzo, and was trying to protect him and the rest of the group. Maybe Enzo never died at all and just passed out?

I really like that point you made. I hope you are right!

message 10: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 2 comments I'm meeting marie lu in a week!! I'll ask her some good q's about the book! (That I have read 3 times!)

message 11: by Elise, Operator/Maker (last edited Apr 23, 2015 03:08PM) (new)

Cool! That is so exciting, I hope you have a great time. Make sure to ask lots and lots of questions!

I haven't reread the whole book, but I have reread the ending a few times. I thought I had read the whole thing wrong and that Enzo really was alive.

Have a great time meeting Marie Lu!

message 12: by Faye (new)

Faye Simanjuntak (chocodawg) | 3 comments I'm really nervous about Enzo.. I love him SOOO much and I REALLLYYY hope that Maeve brings him back to life.. Then again, if she doesn't,it'll make Adelina more 'evil'....AGGGGHH HELPPP

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Mae Enzo's death was put into a tragic work of powerful art. The way Marie wrote of Enzo filled me with such emotion I was merely unable to breath. However, when I read about Maeve... I realized something. Immediately, all pain vanished and realization swept over my dying heart. Enzo is going to be revived. However, this joyous moment didn't last long for I knew that he would end up the way Maeve's brother did. It was clear to see Enzo can not stay with us till the end. He's to dangerous. He must return to his grave in the next book ~ my heart breaks at the thought.