The Young Elites Fan Group discussion

Adelina Amouteru SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Elise (elisehamilton) | 39 comments Mod
!SPOILERS!
This discussion board is about Adelina

message 2: by ☾ Janelle (new)

☾ Janelle (lunastarss) | 4 comments so from what i heard, marie lu said that adelina is a villain? and i hope that marie lu gives adelina a happy ending and a change of heart! i actually pity adelina and like her. so i hope she doesnt die or go totally evil

message 3: by Elise, Operator/Maker (last edited Jun 07, 2015 10:53AM) (new)

Lunastars wrote: "so from what i heard, marie lu said that adelina is a villain? and i hope that marie lu gives adelina a happy ending and a change of heart! i actually pity adelina and like her. so i hope she doesn..."

I agree, I'm really nervous to see what happens when this series ends.

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO.

message 5: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

I think so too. She is fine, she just needs to adapt to survive in a world where she is feared and hated by almost everyone. Her own dad tried to sell her off, the only person she loved she killed on accident, and her only friends stopped trusting her, because they thought she killed him on purpose.

That is a lot to go through, and it's difficult for most people to imagine or deal with.

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) Laniboo1 ( Ellie ) wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

I think so too. She is fine, she just need..."

I think she does not care that much for the other Elites. Rafaelle`s betrayal came as a huge surprise for her. Her dad`s betrayal AND death scared her SO MUCH and Enzo...that basically crushed her. I REALLY hope Violetta won`t do anything stupid!

message 7: by Elise, Operator/Maker (last edited Jun 07, 2015 11:30AM) (new)

Nessy wrote: "Laniboo1 ( Ellie ) wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

I think so too...."

Yeah, I think Raffaele and Enzo were the only reason she was in the Daggers, and when Enzo died, she lost. She went to Raffaele for help because she knew that Raffaele missed him too, but he didn't trust her, and shut her out.

I think anyone would feel betrayed by that.

message 8: by Haz (new)

Haz | 12 comments To be honest, I don't really understand Adelina sometimes. She is nice but also has a darkish side to her like how she killed Dante with all the hatred. I think she got that ruthless character shaped by her father and that it is his fault. For example, he broke her finger. That is just plain cruelty. Killing Enzo was obviously a mistake but I can't really blame Rafelle for his decision. In his point of view, Adelina killed Dante in a rage- she might kill someone else next time. But Adelina hates Rafaelle now and I wish she would understand him.

message 9: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Haz wrote: "To be honest, I don't really understand Adelina sometimes. She is nice but also has a darkish side to her like how she killed Dante with all the hatred. I think she got that ruthless character shap..."

I see what you mean. She had already killed someone, and just because she said that she hadn't killed him, doesn't mean that they have to believe her. They didn't know her well, and they didn't have t trust her. The only reason she was part of the Daggers was because Enzo wanted her there, and he was the leader.

If I were in Raffaele's position, I don't know if I would have turned her away, but I would definitely have considered it. He just wanted to keep his friends safe, so he wouldn't lose them like he lost Enzo.

message 10: by ☾ Janelle (new)

☾ Janelle (lunastarss) | 4 comments Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

yeah!! it was refreshing to read a book about a girl like adelina. i heard people say they didnt like her! i mean yeah shes not a perky happy kid, but after shes been fed with darkness, who wouldnt have her mindset?? She drives on fear and fury and i felt so bad when the dagger society would judge her for it! if we were in some other character's point of view in this book we would automatically see her as villainous but in her POV we see her reasons and her thoughts!

message 11: by ☾ Janelle (new)

☾ Janelle (lunastarss) | 4 comments Laniboo1 ( Ellie ) wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

I think so too. She is fine, she just need..."

yeah, i hope marie lu gives her a happy ending and doesnt end this book sadly! i just want adelina to make a friend, besides her sister, in The Rose Society so she can have someone she trusts wholly and then she can become the one people fear yet admire.

message 12: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Lunastars wrote: "Laniboo1 ( Ellie ) wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

I think so too...."

Yeah, she deserves a happy ending after everything she has been through.

message 13: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) Lunastars wrote: "Nessy wrote: "I don`t think Adelina is a villian. She is a girl with a good heart who lives in a cruel world. And she`s dealing with it just fine, IMO."

yeah!! it was refreshing to read a book abo..."

Same here! I like how Adelina isn't your typical YA female character. The darkness she's been dealing with makes her character even more interesting! I wonder if she's going to discover any new abilities in the next book.

message 14: by Elise, Operator/Maker (new)

Here is the link to an excerpt from The Rose Society: http://www.mtv.com/news/2197862/marie...

Enjoy! I really love Magiano so far.