Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

J.K. Rowling
This topic is about J.K. Rowling
Book Issues > New short story by JK Rowling dissapeared from Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro (alesaenz) | 3 comments Hi! Last friday there was a page for the new short story by J.K. Rowling, "The Life Story of Dolores Jane Umbridge" that it was online published on the site Pottermore.com

I did a review about it using that page that I found here on GR.

But suddenly, today dissapeared, along with my review.

So... what happened? Oh, and there are now some strange "books" added to the book series of Harry Potter. So, my best guess is that somebody is messing with the book series of Harry Potter.

The story that I am telling about, it's a valid reading. It was news about it on all over internet last Friday.

Can some Librarian add that story so, I can re-write my review? Since I read the text on the mentioned site and now I want to share my review about it here on GR.

I would create it myself, but I am worried that it could deleted too, so I prefer if somebody with GR rank can do it, so maybe this time would remain active the page.

Thanks.

message 2: by Z-squared (last edited Nov 03, 2014 01:04PM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi Alejandro,

That work doesn't qualify as a 'book' by Goodreads standards, i.e., it is not a stand-alone work, but rather an 'extra'. You can see the thread here for more discussion of the policy on extras.

message 3: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro (alesaenz) | 3 comments Z-squared wrote: "Hi Alejandro,

That work doesn't qualify as a 'book' by Goodreads standards, i.e., it is not a stand-alone work, but rather an 'extra'. You can see the thread here for more discussion of the polic..."

I think that reading is reading and I don't see why to avoid that people get to do reviews about a text officially published online by a known professional author, but I can see that it wasn't a story per se, but a bio about a character.

Now, at least, I can understand what happened with the mentioned text.

Thanks a lot for the answer so quick.

P.S.

Still, I think relevant that some librarian would check the book series of Harry Potter since there are like 3 odd additions there that honestly I don't think they are official writings by Rowling.

message 4: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro (alesaenz) | 3 comments Skyla wrote: "Alejandro wrote: "Z-squared wrote: "Hi Alejandro,

That work doesn't qualify as a 'book' by Goodreads standards, i.e., it is not a stand-alone work, but rather an 'extra'. You can see the thread h..."

Well, I have just went to the page with the list of the books, to copy the links as you requested, and they dissapeared!

Maybe some librarian corrected it or the "prankster" deleted them him/herself.

Thanks again for the quick answer again. :)