Goodreads Ireland discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Discussions > Goodread Choice Awards 2014

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul The Goodreads Choice Awards nominations are up for members to vote.
Great to see one of our Monthly reads (The Martian) is up for the sci fi category. All in all I think I voted in 6 categories. Remember if you cant see the book you want in a category you can add it in the first round.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) I thought about nominating a book but when I went back and checked what I'd read this year that had been published this year, other then The Martian and The Invention of Wings, there was nothing else I would nominate.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul I get a reasonable Mount of new releases thankfully

message 4: by Trelawn (new)

Trelawn I voted for The Martian, The Severed Streets, The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessey and The Late Scholar. Trying to decide about The Miniaturist.

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara | 118 comments Emma wrote: "I thought about nominating a book but when I went back and checked what I'd read this year that had been published this year, other then The Martian and The Invention of Wings, there was nothing el..."

Yeah, I feel a bit unqualified to vote unless I've read quite a few of them or the book was excellent. I did vote for "I am Pilgrim", the best thriller I've read in a long time and "The Martian".

message 6: by Cphe (new)

Cphe | 0 comments Had a look at the nominations and then realised I hadn't read any of them.

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Our group read from earlier in the year The Martian has won the best Scifi book in the goodreads award and the author missed out by a thousand votes on best debut. My current book Prince Lestat also won the horror award

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) The winner of the debut book doesn't sound dissimilar to The Martian.

message 9: by Paul (new)

Paul Same location anyway but a lot more speculative than the Martian . Its hotten a lot of good press over the year and I'll probably read it at some point. The sequel is out soon as well.

message 10: by Serf (new)

Serf I have the non fiction winner in my tbr list for a while. It's amazing, alot of the winners I have heard of through this group at various stages

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.