What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Science Fiction - Watch Like device that controls time

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dane (new)

Dane Brookes | 2 comments Hey all,

I can't recall this book I read as a young teenager, so it came out no later than 2006. Did a pretty thorough google search/goodreads search.

The setting was Science Fiction (Not fantasy, there was no magic). A young boy (I'm pretty sure it was a boy) is given a device by a mentor figure that allows him to control time to some extent. Initially he is only able to turn time back a few minutes with the restrictions his mentor put on the watch/device, but this is extended by his mentor until he can do it for much longer and ends up saving many people and averting catastrophes. It's revealed at the end of the book he's being trained for a dystopian future and his mentor has travelled through time.

The watch might have other abilities (space/distance travel, maybe some sort of astral projection?) but I can't remember. Many of these details may be slightly off too.

It's just been bugging me as a book I remember enjoying a lot as a kid, any help finding it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

D

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
A long shot - The Named by Marianne Curley?

Dane, how old is the boy? Is there any romance?
Does the boy have any companions who travel back in time with him?
What's the location - earth, country, big city/small town?

message 3: by Dane (new)

Dane Brookes | 2 comments Early teens, no romance I can recall, he travels alone by virtue of the device, it's on modern day earth in a city. Thanks for the guess though!

message 4: by Dramapuppy (new)

Dramapuppy | 34 comments Could it be Power Of Un?

message 6: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping for Dane - sounds interesting. Any luck?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Dane, are you still looking for this or did you find it?