Bear O'Bryan Book Club discussion

A Prayer for Owen Meany
This topic is about A Prayer for Owen Meany
Owen Meany > Pace

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shiloh | 4 comments Mod
How quickly/slowly should we pace our discussion?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments For me, 200-400 pages per week is a comfortable pace, depending on the difficulty of the book. If I remember correctly, Owen Meany isn't too hard to read, so the higher end would be fine with me. That being said, I am perfectly fine with a slower pace if that works better for others.

Shiloh | 4 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "For me, 200-400 pages per week is a comfortable pace, depending on the difficulty of the book. If I remember correctly, Owen Meany isn't too hard to read, so the higher end would be fine with me. T..."

I'd be happier on the slower end, maybe 100-200 pages per week?

Also, do we have any idea if other people are going to show up any time soon? I don't want to start without anyone, but also don't want to wait if they won't be joining us.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments 100-200 pages per week sounds good to me. We can always change the pace as needed to fit schedules, especially with the holiday season coming up.

When would you like to start by? I'll make a separate post on the FB alumni group so that the link doesn't get buried. I could also contact Mrs. Taylor about emailing the alumni listserv for us so that anyone not active on FB can hear about it.

Sarah | 1 comments Love it -- 100 pages a week might be easier and encourage more participation. I know everyone is busy with work, families, the holidays, etc.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments I vote we get started soon-ish. Do we want to have discussions as we go, or just a discussion after we are finished?

Shiloh | 4 comments Mod
Okay, should we aim to do the 1st 100 pages by Nov 30 (gives people a little time after Thanksgiving, whereas a week from today is probably getting into crazy travel time for many) and then discuss as we go?

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments That sounds good to me. I'll make a post about it on the alumni FB page later this week to see if anyone else wants to join us before we get too far.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments I would like to suggest a date for the next part of the book. Let's say finish chapter 4 by January 2?