The Retribution of Mara Dyer Read-Along discussion

After Finishing The Book - Entire Book Discussion (HIGHLY SPOILERY)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Angel (noahfoshaw) | 122 comments Mod
Entire book discussion. Ignore the group rules thingy that pops up thats for the chapter by chapter discussion lol.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) I just finished it. Read it in two sittings, 7 hours in total. Wow. Just wow. Now I'm off to bed because I died of all the feelings.

message 3: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

I just finished it too, in two sittings also but it took me all day LOL (Im a slow reader) But shit I couldn't put it down.

And now I kinda of feel lost knowing that this trilogy is really over. I want more

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige (pmush) | 3 comments Angel wrote: "And now I kinda of feel lost knowing that this trilogy is really over. I want more"

literally me after clockwork princess. at least your fave didn't DIE, though—er, i mean, at least he didn't STAY dead. (((still not over it)))

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW IT GOT REAL ROMEO & JULIET UP IN THERE FOR A SECOND???

message 5: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Paige wrote: "Angel wrote: "And now I kinda of feel lost knowing that this trilogy is really over. I want more"

literally me after clockwork princess. at least your fave didn't DIE, though—er, i mean, at least ..."

OH GOD I WAS THE SAME WITH CP2 TOO TBH BUT IDK I THINK THIS IS WORSE FOR ME THAN CP2 BC THIS IS MY FAVE TRILOGY EVER LOL

AND OMG I KNOW, MICHELLE JERKED US AROUND SO MUCH I SHOULD HATE HER FOR IT BUT I LOVE HER SHES SO DIABOLICAL Like my emotions cannot handle this roller coaster ride

message 6: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

I'm actually gonna listen through all my pre-retribution retribution fanmixes on 8tracks to see how wrong (or right) i got the feel of the book in them LOL I'll end up making a post-reading retribution fanmix soon probably

message 7: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) Omg I just now hit me that it's over, like over over...
The ending felt a little meh, like it was just put there but I loved the happy end nonetheless.
I still don't understand what the deal with the watch was. And what about Stella? And what about Jamie? Im not particuarly okay with the open ending but I'm more than fine with all of them alive.
I desperatly need fanfiction.

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) I'm glad I'm not the only one with those questions left. I'm also kinda disappointed we still don't know her real name.
But Michelle said on tumblr she has two other projects, hopefully something like short stories about Stella and Jamie?

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) I cry every fucking 30 minutes bc im not okay that it's over

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) I want to reread it but I'm afraid I'm gonna cry

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) Cry even more, I meant ,)

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) Also, guys, this was on Michelle's tumblr too. But I still have no clue... Anyone?

4ever-fangirling asked:
Hi Michelle I was just wondering what the Mara Dyer fandom is called? PS I want to thank you because it was your books that really got me into reading and for that I am so thankful!

Answer:
I’ve heard a lot of names, but I think there’s a chance you might rally around one in particular after tomorrow…

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments okay so since only the people who read the book are here, can someone explain clearly the whole twin thing with Kells?

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments Christine wrote: "Also, guys, this was on Michelle's tumblr too. But I still have no clue... Anyone?

4ever-fangirling asked:
Hi Michelle I was just wondering what the Mara Dyer fandom is called? PS I want to thank ..."

Marashawers? I would like to know as well...

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments Or Shadows?

message 16: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) I'm so unbelievably sad that it's over but then Michelle has TWO new projects and we have to figure out our fandom name. . .
but I like the though of us being the shadow fandom oooooooh

message 17: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) Nicole wrote: "okay so since only the people who read the book are here, can someone explain clearly the whole twin thing with Kells?"

I didn't really understand the Kells thing either... someone please halp

message 18: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) Shadows seems accurate.

So Kells has like a million miscarriages. Then she finds out she is a carrier of G1821, the mysterious gene. She blames the miscarriages on the gene. She wants to find a cure to the gene, so she collaborates with a pharmacologist. The drugs they invented, didn't work on her though. So she fostered kids, to try the drugs on them. She always fosters pairs of twins, Jude and Claire being the fifth pair. As those kids generally were no carriers of the gene, Kells probably injected it or something (Mara didn't know either how she did it specifically). Kells protected the kids of being found by changing their name.

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) And now there's something I'm wondering. Kells' was a carrier, so her parent must've been manifested. Kells' child would probably be manifested too, right? Just like Mara. The manifestations were connected to Jung's Archetypes. As there are only 6 Archetypes, that'd mean there'd be only 6 "infected" families? Are there any hints to what Archetype Kells' family belonged to?

message 20: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

im still pretty set on being called Asscrowns LOL

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments Angel wrote: "im still pretty set on being called Asscrowns LOL"
That was my other (and favorite) thought.

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments By the way, not to seem apocalyptic or anything but what's gonna happen to this book club? We should turn it into like a book club or something! (just a thought)

message 23: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (last edited Nov 05, 2014 04:13PM) (new)

Nicole wrote: "By the way, not to seem apocalyptic or anything but what's gonna happen to this book club? We should turn it into like a book club or something! (just a thought)"

Well im not going to delete it or anything, people can still come here to discuss it months or years or whenever they want to haha. I did start a seperate book club a few years ago with my bestfriend (its called Madness Bookclub: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...) but Im kind of terrible at managing bookclubs so it hasn't been really used or anything haha I am thinking about starting that back up, i made new banners and an icon for it a couple weeks ago

edit: although it started out as like a private bookclub for just the two of us to keep track of the books we read together haha but people asked to join it so, idk i think i will Reboot it so itll be an actual bookclub sometime cause I want this one to stay just for the mara dyer trilogy haha

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments I also have a book club which never really came together so if anyone wants to join just let me know! :)

message 25: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Christine wrote: "And now there's something I'm wondering. Kells' was a carrier, so her parent must've been manifested. Kells' child would probably be manifested too, right? Just like Mara. The manifestations were c..."

Hmmm I haven't researched up the archetypes yet, so im not entirely sure, but It could have been one her parents who was manifested, but maybe she had a brother or sister who was manifested? There wasn't any clear reason why she wasn't

message 26: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) I'd love to be active in a book club, but I still have to get reading glasses so I can't read that much right now :(
Still sent a request though.

message 27: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Christine wrote: "I'd love to be active in a book club, but I still have to get reading glasses so I can't read that much right now :(
Still sent a request though."

thats fine! who knows when It'll actually be active tbh maybe after I finish catching up on the couple books that came out recently that I put off because of Retribution I'll start doing a book of the month on it haha

i hope you get your reading glasses soon!

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments By the way, since we are here (in a Mara Dyer book club) Must we talk about the Noah and Mara sex scene? OKAY. I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT ALRIGHT I MEAN I SORTA WAS BUT BRUH

message 29: by Dianna (new)

Dianna | 6 comments Wow. I agree, Michelle is definitely diabolical. I was all over the place reading this. And can I just say how glad I am that both Noah and Mara were "too selfish" to let each other go? Still, I want to know about Jamie and Stella. And what's that about Mara not making her decision yet?

message 30: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Dianna wrote: "Wow. I agree, Michelle is definitely diabolical. I was all over the place reading this. And can I just say how glad I am that both Noah and Mara were "too selfish" to let each other go? Still, I wa..."

I KNOW I AM SO GLAD THEY DIDNT LET EACH OTHER GO, I was afraid for a second there that Mara was going to. I would like to know what Mara decided about the pendant tho. And it would have been nice to see Stella again before the end. Overall though I was pretty satisfied with how it ended, especially the last sentence, it came full circle and iT JUST MAKES ME SO EMOTIONAL

message 31: by Dianna (new)

Dianna | 6 comments I always referred to the fandom as M.A.D.N.E.S.S, but now "psychotic demon nightmare" sounds pretty good

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments Angel wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Wow. I agree, Michelle is definitely diabolical. I was all over the place reading this. And can I just say how glad I am that both Noah and Mara were "too selfish" to let each other ..."

I thought Mara was going to leave him too. Also when Mara woke up and he left the note saying he went for a run, I thought he left her (mini-heartattack) I NEED A SHORT STORY IN WHICH MARA AND NOAH GET MARRIED AND HAVE LITTLE DIABOLICAL CHILDREN

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) Noooo they need the cutest kids ever. I mean, they are partly Noah.

message 34: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) Noooo they need totally sarcastic and charming twinsssss who like dogs and cuban sandwhiches

message 35: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

maDNESS TWINS YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME

message 36: by Katsa (new)

Katsa (booksandherondales) | 1 comments I thought the fandom name could be Carriers like carriers of G1821

message 37: by Stuti (new)

Stuti Am I the only one who thought the sex scene was, like, gorgeously written?

message 38: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) MICHELLE LIKE NEEDS TO WRITE A NA BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBE I WOULD TOTALLY READ FABULOUSLY WRITTEN SEXY SCENES
PEOPLE THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN
THE DAY BABY SHAWS WERE CONCIEVED OMG

message 39: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) AND THEN SHE NEEDS TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT TWIN BABY SHAWS AND MADNESS PARNETING AND NOAH CHANGING DIPERS AND MARA GEETING FOOD ALL OVER HER SHIRT BC BABY SHAW #1 DIDN'T WANT TO EAT AND THEN MADNESS BICKERING OVER THE BILLS AND MADNESS TEACHING BABY SHAWS TO WALK AND NOAH TEACHING BABY SHAW #1 TO SAY VAGINA IS DIFERENT LANGUAGES AND MARA TEACHING BABY SHAW #2 TO DRAW AND NOAH TEACING BABY SHAWS TO RIDE BIKES AND WHEN BABY SHAWS SCRATCH THEIR KNEES HE HEALS THEM AND MARA STANDS ON THE PORCH AND LOOKS PROUDLY AT HER FAMILY AND MADNESS THROWING B DAY PARTIES FOR BABY SHAWS AND DANIEL AND JOSEPH BRINING BALOONS AND THE BEST PRESENTS EVER

okay I think I went too far but I DON'T CARE IT WOULD BE SO CUTE OMG

message 40: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) I NEED THAT SO MUCH

message 41: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Suze wrote: "Am I the only one who thought the sex scene was, like, gorgeously written?"

IT WAS PERFECT OMG

message 42: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new)

Lani wrote: "AND THEN SHE NEEDS TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT TWIN BABY SHAWS AND MADNESS PARNETING AND NOAH CHANGING DIPERS AND MARA GEETING FOOD ALL OVER HER SHIRT BC BABY SHAW #1 DIDN'T WANT TO EAT AND THEN MADNESS ..."

IM CRYING I NEED THIS SO BAD

message 43: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Melo (nicolejmelo) | 11 comments FUCK CANT SHE PRETTY PLEASE WRITE A BOOK

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (perhcy) OMG I JUST FINISHED IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL OMG

message 45: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) JUST IMAGINE THE PARTNERS OF THE SHAW TWINS

message 46: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammchoy) | 13 comments IM CRYING TOO OH MY GOD

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (perhcy) OH MY GOSH SHAW TWINS YES I NEED THIS <3

message 48: by joanne (new)

joanne (cabeswaters) SHAW TWINS OH MY GOD PLEASE

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammchoy) | 13 comments GUYS WE'RE PLANNING TO HAVE A SKYPE CALL ON SUNDAY 8 AEST, IF YOU WANT TO JOIN JUST ADD ME @aznsammie AND ILL ADD YOU IN THE CHAT :)

message 50: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineherondalex) IS THAT LIKE GMT+10?

« previous 1