2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - General > Goodreads Choice Awards!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments The Goodreads Choice Awards are up! Goodreads members vote on the best books of 2014. You can access it here: https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/

Let's use this thread to discuss the awards. Who are you voting for? What books do you feel like should be on the list but aren't? Did you add any books to your TBR from the nominees?

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (last edited Nov 03, 2014 09:16AM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments My votes:
Fiction: The Bone Clocks
Historical: All the Light We Cannot See
Romance: We Won't Feel a Thing (write-in)
Science Fiction: The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August (but there were so many good ones!)
Horror: The Girl with All the Gifts
Nonfiction: The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History
Memoir & Autobiography: Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More
Picture Books: The Book with No Pictures

To-read:
Fantasy: I sadly haven't read any of these yet, but I'm going to read both The Magician's Land and The Slow Regard of Silent Things before the year's up
History & Biography: I'm planning to read Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War soon
Business: I have both Leaders Eat Last and #GIRLBOSS on my TBR

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments I haven't read many books published this year (I don't often tend to read many books in the year they are published) and of the ones I have read published this year, some were only ordinary.

So I have read and enjoyed Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, so that is my vote for fiction. In the next week or 2 I will be reading The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion and Hello From the Gillespies by Monica McInerney, so I may change my mind after those, but it might be too late by the time I finish them!!

I already hadGlitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan on my TBR list and I added Something Other Than God: How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidentally Found It by Jennifer Fulwiler because it sounded interesting.

message 4: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) | 562 comments Everytime the Choice Awards come up, I realize how few newly-published books I read! I thik in 2015, I will start reading books when they are released.

message 5: by Megan, Challenges (last edited Nov 04, 2014 04:07AM) (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6465 comments I am so glad that I participated in the Goodreads Choice Yearly challenge because I have actually read several of the nominated books this year! Here are my selections:

Fiction: Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen (write-in)
Mystery: Invisible by James Patterson (write-in)
Historical Fiction: Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett
Romance: Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
Science Fiction: The Martian by Andy Weir
Debut Goodreads: Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal (write-in)
YA Fantasy: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (write-in)

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian I have voted for....

Mr. Mercedes in Mystery and Thriller.
Laura McHugh in Debut goodreads author.
We Were Liars in Young Adult Fiction.

There are plenty of books nominated that I want to read but haven't yet got round to! But maybe now I have completed my challenge i'll get to some of them....But I kind of just want to save money and read books off my book shelf! So i'll see!

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments I didnt read any of the books that were up for any of the categories, but I voted on ones that I had heard of or I had read other books from the author before.

Fiction- One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
Mystery- Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich
Historical Fiction- China Dolls by Lisa See
Fantasy- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
Romance- Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
Sci-fi- The Flight of the Silvers by Daniel Price (I liked the cover)
Horror- Prince Lestat by Anne Rice (I could have written in Doctor Sleep, but I forgot)
Humor- My Drunk Kitchen: A Guide to Eating, Drinking, and Going with Your Gut by Hannah Hart
Debut Goodreads Author- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
YA Fiction- Panic by Lauren Oliver
YA Fantasy and Sci-Fi- The One by Kiera Cass

message 8: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Oooh, on to the semifinal round!

https://www.goodreads.com/choiceaward...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.