♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Bookish Talks > November 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Share your current reads here!

message 3: by Pooja (new)

Pooja (poojamahesh) I'm currently reading these books: The House of Blue Mangoes & We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

@ Misha - I love Enid Blyton's Famous Five Series! I hope you're loving it! :) It's a pretty fast read.

message 4: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Misha wrote: "Finished The Day of the Jackal. Currently reading Five Go to Smuggler's Top by Enid Blyton and Crime and Punishment by [author:Fyodor Dostoyevs..."

Fampus Five was my favorite series when I was 8-9 years old..adored the books :D

message 5: by Alina (new)

Alina (frozenlilstar) Reading at the moment Incandescent (Knights Rebels MC, #1) by River Savage and Chokecherry by Sheri Meshal .

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Palliveettil (jenyalphinegeorge) | 2 comments Currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) Just finished The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley. I didn't really enjoyed it so much as I expected. The plot is predictable. The writing style is too simple. The characters are plain, boring and some times their actions and reactions just don't make sense. Though I gave it 2* since I can't say I hate it.

I'm not sure what I'll read now. I'm trying to pick something from the huge pile on my bedside table...

message 8: by Serena (last edited Nov 04, 2014 08:36AM) (new)

Serena Principi | 1 comments Currently reading Maybe This Time (Maybe #1) Chantal Fernando

message 10: by Carmela (new)

Carmela devito | 18 comments I'm reading The Divorce Papers; The Hot Flash Club; Ghosts in the Basement; Night of Strangers and World in the Winter

message 11: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Just finished Moon Called and started Big Little Lies.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (elizabethdarcy2594) I'm reading a ton of things. I just started The Mars Mystery for an assignment on Pseudoscience for ny Anthropology class and for Detective Fiction we are about to start Christine Falls. I'm still trying to get trhough Ultimate Spider-Man Volume One, the first two volumes of The X-Files comics, and I really want to start on The Count of Monte Cristo.

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Palliveettil (jenyalphinegeorge) | 2 comments I'm starting Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ..

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary I'm reading Me Before You (Jojo Moyes), I only have 100 pages left. Can't decide what to read next...

message 15: by Zenling (new)

Zenling Ruchi wrote: "Share your current reads here!"

Reading Prince Lestat by Anne Rice. Considering finish Wuthering Heights and then go to read "A feast of Crows" of George R.R. Martin.

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 98 comments Desert God

Hi I've recently purchased Wilbur Smith's Desert God. If it's as good as all his others, it should be nice...
I'm sure it will be.

Cheers
Paul, :)

Colleen ~ The Clever Girl from Gallifrey (clevergirlfromgallifrey) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
I swear I am in geek heaven!

message 18: by Kristie (new)

Kristie I am currently reading a few books:

The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers, #1) by Nancy Madore The Next Time You See Me by Holly Goddard Jones Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

I am liking them all, which makes it really difficult to decide which one to read at any given moment.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Can't read anything till my exams end. Damn it.

message 20: by Symone (new)

Symone Lewis | 47 comments I am currently reading Paper Towns by John Green.

message 21: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I am unfortunately working on a paper for my English class and it is taking me longer to write than usual because i have to come up with 900 words and i only have about 650 words so far and i am already at the conclusion paragraph. So i am stuck figuring that out and i might wait until tomorrow so i can do some reading tonight. I am going to try to finish Minders by Michele Jaffe tomorrow since i only have about 13 chapters left in the book. Then next week i will tackle The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater and then i will have 3 books to finish before i can go back to the library. It has been so long since i have been there.

message 22: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Walker | 1 comments I'm reading Touched by Angels by Debbie Macomber.

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 1 comments This is my first post as a new member. I am currently reading For One More Dayfor a small bookgroup I belong to. More than half way through, very easy read, but very interesting.

message 24: by Carmela (new)

Carmela devito | 18 comments Welcome Natalie!

message 25: by Symone (new)

Symone Lewis | 47 comments I am currently reading The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.

message 26: by Paul (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 98 comments Natalie wrote: "This is my first post as a new member. I am currently reading For One More Dayfor a small bookgroup I belong to. More than half way through, very easy read, but very interesting."

Welcome Natalie. :}

message 27: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) Last night i finished Minders by Michele Jaffe after having no internet (slowly losing it so i immersed myself with a book to keep me company) for the second night in a row. I am now reading The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater and it is okay but it is a little slow to get into. I have also found the world of Fanfiction and have been reading a lot about Seto kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh. Have been in this Yu-Gi-Oh and Full Metal Alchemist phase but with no internet at night i have been stuck not watching it. while i am at school i am also reading Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas .

message 28: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Lihos (audrey_grace) I am currently reading United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6) by Ally Carter

message 29: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I started Safe Haven today

message 30: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I started Safe Haven today

message 31: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 3 comments First Night of Summer First Night of Summer by Landon Parham

By Landon Parham

I could NOT set this book down. This emotionally-charged psychological thriller has become my favorite this year. Gritty and keeps secrets hidden in every chapter. I hope to see more from this debut author.

message 32: by Rawan (new)

Rawan Hamdy (rawan_hamdy) | 22 comments Started reading Looking for Alaska yesterday :)

message 33: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I am currently reading Delirium and I absolutely love it :)

message 34: by Kiernon (new)

Kiernon Murray "The Brothers Karamazov" Fyodor Dostoevsky

About half-way through. It is pleasant & dense. Fortunately, my foot broke recently so it's just about all I have to do right now is read.

Already crushed two books in the first month prior to this one, "American Psycho" and "For Whom The Bell Tolls" good stuff.

message 35: by Kiernon (new)

Kiernon Murray "The Brothers Karamazov" Fyodor Dostoevsky

About half-way through. It is pleasant & dense. Fortunately, my foot broke recently so it's just about all I have to do right now is read.

Already crushed two books in the first month prior to this one, "American Psycho" and "For Whom The Bell Tolls" good stuff.

message 36: by Helen (new)

Helen German The Bronze Horseman

message 37: by Helen (new)

Helen German The Bronze Horseman

message 38: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) Aly wrote: "I'm also planning on reading The Picture of Dorian Gray this month. And NOS4A2.

@Misha: I love Crime and Punishment! That's my favori..."

Aly, Crime and Punishment was phenomenal, loved every bit of it. i hope u r liking NOS4A2, one hell of a joy ride through Christmasland :):)

i'm currently reading The Lives of Others by Neel Mukherjee

message 39: by Symone (new)

Symone Lewis | 47 comments I am currently reading Under the Dome (Part 1) by Stephen King.

message 41: by Julie (new)

Julie Blechle | 1 comments Ruchi wrote: "Share your current reads here!"
I am reading "Is This Thing On?" by Abby Stokes. It's like a textbook for basic computer learning since I only have nights available and don't want to travel to another town to learn. It's a really good start!

message 42: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Frazier | 77 comments finished City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare now reading Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

message 43: by Surabhi (new)

Surabhi (surabhis) currently reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

message 44: by Booksdigger (last edited Nov 13, 2014 09:20AM) (new)

Booksdigger S | 3 comments currently reading The Joy Luck Club

message 45: by Perla (new)

Perla Pacheco | 9 comments currently reading Heroes Of The Valley

message 46: by Jeanna (new)

Jeanna Roberts | 35 comments currently reading "Shiver" by: Maggie Stiefvater, recently read "The Chemical Gardens" trilogy.

Cassie's Lost Fallen Angel of the Reading Stars (lostfalenangelofthemoonsstarz) | 5 comments I'm currently reading "House Immortal" by Devon Monk
Anyone else reading this series?

message 48: by BumBahLee (new)

BumBahLee (buhbahlee) currently reading Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson The Next Time You See Me by Holly Goddard Jones I am extremely excited.

message 49: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I finally finished Speechless by Hannah Harrington and it was pretty good. I am now reading 3 books at once. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater , Stolen A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher and Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty (Triple Shot Bettys, #1) by Jody Gehrman . All three books are okay so far but i can't seem to get very far right now.

Peg - reading heals | 17 comments Currently reading Too Far to Go The Maples Stories, Girl Meets God and The Hundred Year House. I'm kind of stuck, have barely read in the past week or so. Nothing wrong with any of the books; I guess I just need a book to really grab me again.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.