Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Just for Fun > Goodreads Choice Awards 2014

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Well, it's that time of year again. First round of voting has begun and I'm a little bummed because out of all the categories, there are only two categories where I've read any of the books nominated. I wrote-in nominations in the other categories, but I'm not holding my breath that those write-ins will get past the first round. How about you? How does your been read list compare to the nominations?

message 2: by Lupe (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 28 comments I am like you, where many I did not even get a chance to read. However, many of them I had heard great things about or I had read things by them previously. So I kind of voted that way. Then I went back and added a bunch to my "To-Read" list! :)

message 3: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I'm in Lupe's boat -- voted for things that have sounded good/piqued my interest in the categories where I hadn't read anything. And added a few to the TBR!

message 4: by Lin (new)

Lin | 266 comments I voted in the two categories where I had actually the books. The other categories I did not vote. Since I have not read any of the books listed.

message 5: by Cherry (new)

Cherry (lithmuspaper) | 22 comments Joseph wrote: "Well, it's that time of year again. First round of voting has begun and I'm a little bummed because out of all the categories, there are only two categories where I've read any of the books nomina..."

Haha! Same here! I felt like I'm just starting my goodreads account right after voting because I realized I have a lot to read and add on my to read list. The books listed were really good books for sure.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 354 comments Joseph and Cherry you are not alone. I think I read about 4 total of all the books and 3 of those were in one category.

message 7: by Lupe (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 28 comments Cherry wrote: "Joseph wrote: "Well, it's that time of year again. First round of voting has begun and I'm a little bummed because out of all the categories, there are only two categories where I've read any of ..."

OMG ME TOO! I was clicking "Want To Read" as I was voting! :)

message 8: by Joseph (last edited Dec 02, 2014 07:49AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Well, one of my votes came in first, two came in second, and one in third. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness won in Fantasy, which is kind of cool since she also won in 2012 with the second book Shadow of Night in her All Souls trilogy.
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes came in second in Memoir and Autobiograpy and Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott did it in History. And Rusty Nailed by Alice Clayton came in third, in Humor.
Interesting thing is, I've only read the first two, the last two are just on my TBR list along with most of the other titles I voted for. Just not too many titles that I have read were in the voting this year.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

same here. I only bothered to vote the first round.