Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > November Read- An Amish Garden

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Come read An Amish Garden by Beth Wiseman et al. Remember to list spoiler if you are giving away something the story.

An Amish Garden by Beth Wiseman

Description:
“A Place of Healing” Vannetta Chapman
Emma discovers a run-away teen in her barn, and the bishop asks her to provide a haven for a woman and her two children. Then her mother-in-law reveals a secret about her garden. Will Emma choose loneliness or learn to accept God’s gifts?
“Flowers for Rachael” Kathleen Fuller
Rachael’s garden is beautiful, but she is lonely. Gideon is in love with Rachael, but when Rachael finds her garden in shambles after a crisis, she rejects his help. Will she realize she doesn’t have to do everything on her own?
“Seeds of Love” Tricia Goyer
When a corporation shows interest in buying Sadie’s heirloom seeds, she panics. They are all she has left of her Dat and Mem. Eli believes he can help Sadie, but a misunderstanding leaves her heartbroken. Will she trust him again, and will the seeds of a new relationship take root?
“Planting a Future” Beth Wiseman
Rosemary is doing her best to run her family’s household. She excels at all her tasks except one: gardening. Saul has been interested in her for years, but Rosemary has turned him down repeatedly. Saul begins helping with her family’s garden, but someone is sabotaging his efforts—and keeping a secret that could change their lives.

message 2: by ⚜️Trea (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) I just finished this one, and it looks like I'm the only one that read it! It was a 50/50 book for me, I liked two of the stories very well, and the other two were ok, or I didn't care for it. I'd say just pick up the stories you enjoy individually, rather than spend the money on the entire anthology.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1530 comments Mod
I had read this one earlier and enjoyed all the stories. I'm a firm believer in "if everyone liked the same thing, Baskin Robbins wouldn't need 31 favors." Each story touches folks a bit differently and that is what makes us individuals and keeps so many wanting to write for us.

I think the anthologies are a great way for new readers to try out different authors. I work with a lady that had only read things by Beverly Lewis and Wanda Brunstetter. These ladies are wonderful, but there are so many other talents. I've lent her my anthologies as a place to test the waters so to speak. I can't wait to hear what she thinks.

Everyone has been so quiet this past month on all the threads. I was starting to feel a bit disconnected from the group. Who else has read this one?

message 4: by Carolyn E (new)

Carolyn E | 239 comments I, too, had read this previously, but decided to read it again, especially since my memory isn't very good any more so I seldom recall books I have read a while back, especially anthologies.

But I do agree with Barbara Ann, that anthologies are a wonderful way to become acquainted with books from various authors.

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina Watson | 222 comments I read this one back in April of this year.
I loved all four novellas.

My favorite was Where Healing Blooms: An Amish Garden Novella by Vannetta Chapman. I just loved how mother-in-law and daughter-in-law had an amazing mother-daughter relationship, something I wish I had with my 90 yr old mother-in-law.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Watson | 222 comments I agree with not all books get the same reaction from all of us readers.