Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Two-parts of the book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcin (new)

Marcin Lubke (werewolf_pl) | 49 comments Hello...

I'd like to add another edition of the book, that is already in the database. The problem is that this edition is published as two parts.

I'm thinking about creating a new series, which would be called something like "Title (2 parts edition)" and then add two parts as new books.

Now, my question is about combining this new (or actually fairly old) edition. I can't, of course, combine two books with a single-part edition, I also can't combine the whole series with it.

Technically, I think I should add these books as separate editions, but I wonder about combining at least the first part with one-part edition. The reason is that the new added edition would then have the comments and/or scores of the edition that is already in the database since some time.

I don't know if it's a good approach, so... would be grateful for any advice.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Each part should be added a new book and only combined with with a book with the same content i.e part 1 combined with another part 1 or part 2 combined with another part 2.

A series can be created to "join" the 2 parts together

message 3: by Marcin (last edited Nov 03, 2014 04:06AM) (new)

Marcin Lubke (werewolf_pl) | 49 comments Yea... as I thought so. But still, it would be great if we could somehow synchronize scores and comments of all, even divided editions. Actually, there are the same books, only in different formats/editions.

Maybe it's an idea for a new option on goodreads :)

For now, I'll add them as new editions, and join into a series.
Thanks for a quick reply :)