UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Domestic tip of the day

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments This thread is really for blokes as women seem to muddle along Ok.

I noticed some interesting levers and buttons on my vax vacuum cleaner. Closer inspection revealed that you can take bits off and put them back on again.

Then I realised that while you have it in bits all the dust gets out.

I found that if you chuck all the dust out (not on the kitchen floor apparently) the Hoover motor goes into turbo mode when you put it back again. Neat. Normally I buy a new cleaner when it stops sucking and the motor burns out.

Tip 2. Don't just Hoover up the dust you chucked out of the machine

message 2: by B J (new)

B J Burton (bjburton) | 2914 comments I think I preferred 'ducking'. It somehow brought the whole scene to life.

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments Simon, you have two threads here. Can you moderate yourself?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Gone on to my proper computer now. I was about to throw my mobile through the window.

message 5: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "This thread is really for blokes as women seem to muddle along Ok.

I noticed some interesting levers and buttons on my vax vacuum cleaner. Closer inspection revealed that you can take bits off a..."

My wife tells me that you can actually empty the bit that collects the dust, so you don't have to buy a new vacuum every 2 weeks. As to how, well, that's a secret she keeps to herself. If I take something to bits it stays in bits.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21883 comments My top tip is when washing up, put stuff back in the most sensible place so you know where to find it again. Don't say anything and people will accept your wisdom in these matters.

message 7: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Stuff lives on the draining board. If you "put it away" you'll never find it again.

What's this thing about a new vacuum every two weeks? I put mine away last April. I'm sure it's fine (wherever it is) & I've never had to empty it.

message 8: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments I blogged on this very subject a little while ago...

http://wp.me/p4VrAc-Y

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I do my washing up to the "I Should be Writing" podcast, or "Writing Excuses". or "Self Publishing Podcast" or "rocking Self Publishing Podcast" or ... you get the idea. It makes me feel nice and guilty for taking a break!

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments I emptied my Dad's vacuum cleaner - he had a home help who obviously didn't - it had budgie feathers in it. Bird died at least 5 years earlier. I also took wads of fluff out of the tumble drier and threw them away. He told me off as he thought they were filters and he hadn't got any more.