Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Francis Frangipane
This topic is about Francis Frangipane
Adding New Books > Book Edition To Add - ISBN given to another book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Barlow | 4 comments I Will Be Found By You: Reconnecting With the Living God—the Key that Unlocks Everything Important
by Francis Frangipane
ISBN-10: 1621362590
ISBN-13: 9781621362593
Passio (October 1, 2013)
http://www.amazon.com/Will-Found-You-...

To seek and find God is everything.

In his forty-three years of seeking after God, Francis Frangipane has learned one simple (yet essential) truth…

It is in seeking God, that we actually find Him.

The deliberate movement of our hearts toward God leads us into far more than a simple answer to our need--it leads us straight to Him. We discover God to be an ally whose wisdom is all encompassing and whose power can transform all things with just one look.

In I Will Be Found by You he shares a collection of some of his best writings on the topic, both old and new, to reveal the key to seeking God and possessing a heart after God-the key that unlocks everything important.

PLEASE NOTE I tried to add this as an extra edition to the ebook and kindle editions already on here but I was held back by the fact that someone has already added the ISBN's to a completely different book - We Too Stand: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
All the other details of We Too Stand appear to be correct except it also has the picture for I Will Be Found By You.
Thanks!

message 2: by Bea (last edited Nov 03, 2014 03:18AM) (new)

Bea Per Worldcat, both books share the ISBN. I have combined all the editions of I Will Be Found by You: Reconnecting with the Living Godthe Key That Unlocks Everything Important and currently there are 5: two paperbacks, one ebook, one Kindle, and one unknown.

The ISBN cannot be added for your copy since another book legitimately has it. I did remove the cover, since it does not match the book, and replaced it with the correct Amazon cover.

Please review the current editions of I Will Be Found by You: Reconnecting with the Living Godthe Key That Unlocks Everything Important to see if one matches your book.

message 3: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Barlow | 4 comments I don't know anything about WorldCat but is there any chance it's been entered incorrectly there?
As you can see here on the Amazon page for the same book it has a completely different ISBN:
http://www.amazon.com/We-Too-Stand-Af...

I'd already looked through all of those editions and even now none of them match the one I'm reading. It's paperback, 208 pages and published by Passio on October 1st, 2013. If it's not possible to correct the ISBN for the other book is it possible to add the edition of I Will Be Found By You that I'm reading without an ISBN?

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Georgia wrote: "I don't know anything about WorldCat but is there any chance it's been entered incorrectly there?
As you can see here on the Amazon page for the same book it has a completely different ISBN:
http:/..."

It happens, but in this case, googling with the ISBN and the "We Too Stand" title will generate multiple hits from booksellers (including abebooks, which is owned by Amazon).

Moreover, both books share a publisher (Passio and Frontline are both owned by Charisma House), which makes this a near-certain case of the publisher reusing an ISBN (probably accidentally).

It's also possible that the ISBN has been mis-registered, but short of contacting the publishers to confirm, there's no way for us to confirm that.

message 5: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Barlow | 4 comments Ok that's odd, but I guess these things happen. Thanks for letting me know. :)

As said before, is it possible to add an edition without using an ISBN?

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Georgia wrote: "Ok that's odd, but I guess these things happen. Thanks for letting me know. :)

As said before, is it possible to add an edition without using an ISBN?"

Absolutely. Just leave the field blank. That's exactly what we do when we need to create an alternate cover edition. Then we put the ISBN in the book description field.

message 7: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Barlow | 4 comments Ok thanks so much! Will do. :)

message 8: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Georgia wrote: "Ok thanks so much! Will do. :)"

Let me know if you run into any problems :)