♆ Camp Half-Blood ♆ ♔α яσℓερℓαү♔ discussion

♔ Characters ♔ > ♆ Gods and Goddesses List ♆

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (last edited Nov 02, 2014 09:25PM) (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 400 comments Mod
THE BIG THREE
Zeus- The most powerful of all, Zeus was god of the sky and the king of Olympus. His temper affected the weather, and he threw thunderbolts when he was unhappy. He was married to Hera but had many other lovers. His symbols include the oak and the thunderbolt.
Poseidon- Poseidon was god of the sea. He was the most powerful god except for his brother, Zeus. He lived in a beautiful palace under the sea and caused earthquakes when he was in a temper. His symbols include the horse and the trident.
Hades-Hades was king of the dead. He lived in the underworld, the heavily guarded land where he ruled over the dead. He was the brother of Zeus and the husband of Persephone, Demeter's daughter, whom he kidnapped.

OTHER OLYMPIAN GODS AND GODDESSES
Hera- Hera was goddess of marriage and the queen of Olympus. She was Zeus's wife and sister; many myths tell of how she sought revenge when Zeus betrayed her with his lovers. Her symbols include the peacock and the cow.
Aphrodite- Aphrodite was the goddess of love and beauty, and the protector of sailors. She may have been the daughter of Zeus and the Titan Dione, or she may have risen from the sea on a shell. Her symbols include the myrtle tree and the dove.
Artemis- Artemis was the goddess of the hunt and the protector of women in childbirth. She hunted with silver arrows and loved all wild animals. Artemis was the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin of Apollo. Her symbols include the cypress tree and the deer.
Athena- Athena was the goddess of wisdom. She was also skilled in the art of war, and helped heroes such as Odysseus and Hercules. Athena sprang full-grown from the forehead of Zeus, and became his favorite child. Her symbols include the owl and the olive tree.
Demeter- Demeter was the goddess of the harvest. The word “cereal” comes from her Roman name. She was the sister of Zeus. Her daughter, Persephone, was forced to live with Hades each winter; at this time Demeter let no crops grow. Her symbols include wheat.
Apollo- Apollo was the god of music and healing. He was also an archer, and hunted with a silver bow. Apollo was the son of Zeus and the Titan Leto, and the twin of Artemis. His symbols include the laurel tree, the crow, and the dolphin.
Ares- Ares was the god of war. He was both cruel and a coward. Ares was the son of Zeus and Hera, but neither of his parents liked him. His symbols include the vulture and the dog, and he often carried a bloody spear.
Hephaestus- Hephaestus was the god of fire and the forge (a furnace in which metal is heated). Although he made armor and weapons for the gods, he loved peace. He was the son of Zeus and Hera and married Aphrodite. His symbols include the anvil and the forge.
Hermes- Hermes was the messenger god, a trickster, and a friend to thieves. He was said to have invented boxing and gymnastics. He was the son of Zeus and the constellation Maia. The speediest of all, he wore winged sandals and a winged hat.
Dionysus- Dionysus was the god of wine, which he invented. In ancient Greece Dionysus was honored with springtime festivals that centered on theater. Dionysus was the son of Zeus and Semele, a mortal. His symbols include ivy, the snake, and grapes.

VIRGIN GODDESSES
Hera- Hera was goddess of marriage and the queen of Olympus. She was Zeus's wife and sister; many myths tell of how she sought revenge when Zeus betrayed her with his lovers. Her symbols include the peacock and the cow.
Artemis- Artemis was the goddess of the hunt and the protector of women in childbirth. She hunted with silver arrows and loved all wild animals. Artemis was the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin of Apollo. Her symbols include the cypress tree and the deer.
Hestia-Hestia was the goddess of the hearth (a fireplace at the center of the home). She was the most gentle of the gods, and does not play a role in many myths. Hestia was the sister of Zeus and the oldest of the Olympians. Fire is among her symbols.
CHILDREN OF THE VIRGIN GODDESSES HAVE TO BE BORN IN A WAY THAT KEEPS THE GODDESS VIRGIN AND THAT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN OKAY HISTORY!

MINOR GODS AND GODDESSES
Hecate- HEKATE (or Hecate) was the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy. She was the only child of the Titanes Perses and Asteria from whom she received her power over heaven, earth, and sea.
Nemesis- NEMESIS was the goddess of indignation against, and retribution for, evil deeds and undeserved good fortune. She was a personification of the resentment aroused in men by those who committed crimes with apparent impunity, or who had inordinate good fortune.
((Put some minor gods or goddesses you want to add down below and I'll add them to the list! Also, this is the website where I got all the info from: http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0881...
http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Hekate...
http://www.theoi.com/Daimon/Nemesis.html))

message 2: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

anastasia  (anastasiarunelle) | 505 comments Mod
Hades is the god of the Underworld. Thanatos is the god of the dead.

message 3: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Wait, never mind. You said king not god xD

message 4: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Reyna (CarlosAlexis) I thought that Artemis vowed to be an maiden and never have an husband or any children?

message 5: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

That's why I put her under virgin goddesses. The way that children of the virgin goddesses work is that they were born of extreme emotion like anger, love, or even murder (Even though murder is not an emotion).

message 6: by Cady (new)

Cady | 7 comments Her children are born in a different way, similar to how Athena was born, but it's not impossible for Artemis to have children. At least, it states that in the Percy Jackson books.

message 7: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Reyna (CarlosAlexis) Lizzie {Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free} wrote: "That's why I put her under virgin goddesses. The way that children of the virgin goddesses work is that they were born of extreme emotion like anger, love, or even murder (Even though murder is not..."

Aren't the hunters of Artemis kind of and technically like artemis's daughters?

message 8: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Reyna (CarlosAlexis) ❅ ℰмвεяℓүηη ❅ ~ ωε'яε αℓℓ sтσяιεs ιη тнε εη∂ ~ wrote: "Her children are born in a different way, similar to how Athena was born, but it's not impossible for Artemis to have children. At least, it states that in the Percy Jackson books."

It does?

message 9: by goblin gender, Daughter of Atë, granddaughter of Janus (new)

Yes, I think it does.

message 10: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

^ Yes it does. Not directly IN in the book, but it was mentioned in one of the bridges or something.

message 11: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Carlos wrote: "Lizzie {Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free} wrote: "That's why I put her under virgin goddesses. The way that children of the virgin goddesses work is that they were born of extreme emotion lik..."

Artemis' Hunters would be considered Artemis' daughters, but apart from that, she can actually have real children.

message 12: by sel (new)

sel (lvagirl) Annabeth may be from a dirty tissue, according to Percy. XD

message 13: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

XD

message 14: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Reyna (CarlosAlexis) You mean how she was born? It said in the book that children of Athena are born from thoughts

message 15: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

I'm saying that children of Artemis (or Hera or Hestia) are born similarly to children of Athena. Lizzie said that they were born from emotions, like love or anger. Athena children are born from thoughts, as you say.

message 16: by Julia (last edited Nov 06, 2014 03:59PM) (new)

Julia There are no children of Artemis. There are the Hunters of Artemis though, which are considered her children.

Hera, Hestia, Athena and Artemis are the Virgin Goddesses.
The only reason Athena has kids is because they are born from her thoughts, like how Athena herself was born. This is why the Romans were so mortified that Annabeth was a child of their equivalent of Athena-Minerva. Because she did not have kids. Period.

✦ Soмeтιмeѕ yoυ poĸe тнe вeαr αɴd ѕoмeтιмeѕ тнe вeαr poĸeѕ yoυ✦  | 72 comments It's a Roleplay. If the moderators want to allow children of Artemis, they can.

message 18: by Raven keeper (new)

Raven keeper  | 4 comments that is a very good point that you have

message 19: by Julia (new)

Julia Me or Haunted?

message 20: by Raven keeper (new)

Raven keeper  | 4 comments both of you because it does bring up a lot of questions as you had said artemis had no children of her own she had sisters but only the ones that she had chosen to be her sister each of the huntress were tourmented by a male and abused that is why she taken them on

message 21: by Julia (new)

Julia Well, all of her Hunters weren't necessarily tormented or abused, they just didn't want to have guys in their life anymore. And the reason they chose that is normally because they were tormented or abused.

It always was funny when Apollo would hit on the Hunters. Artemis did not approve. XD

message 22: by Raven keeper (new)

Raven keeper  | 4 comments yes that is true and what makes it worse is that Apollo was her brother

message 23: by Julia (new)

Julia Yeah, I know. Twins.

message 24: by Raven keeper (new)

Raven keeper  | 4 comments yea which didn't make it right but you loo at all of the gods and goddesses they are all related

message 25: by Julia (new)

Julia I know, it's super funny. Hera and Zeus-married siblings, no big deal. And then Hephaestus was deformed probably due to this thing called incest, and then Ares just plain crazy.

message 26: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Julia wrote: "There are no children of Artemis. There are the Hunters of Artemis though, which are considered her children.

Hera, Hestia, Athena and Artemis are the Virgin Goddesses.
The only reason Athena ha..."

There are children of Artemis. Their birth is just really complicated.

message 27: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

But it's rare.

message 28: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Yes. Or five.

message 29: by sel (new)

sel (lvagirl) I thought Athena was virgin??

message 30: by Julia (new)

Julia sᴇʟɪᴀ ͏➴ᴺᵉᵛᵉʳ ᶜᵒᶰʲᵘʳᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃʳᵛᵉ➶ wrote: "I thought Athena was virgin??"

Read my post above. She is.

message 31: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

She is...?

message 32: by Julia (new)

Julia The only reason Athena has kids is because they are born from her thoughts, like how Athena herself was born. This is why the Romans were so mortified that Annabeth was a child of their equivalent of Athena-Minerva. Because she did not have kids. Period.

message 33: by sel (new)

sel (lvagirl) Okay....Athena's kids are more common, though.

message 34: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

^

message 35: by Julia (new)

Julia Right-kids come from her mind.

message 36: by sel (new)

sel (lvagirl) So. Okay. XD

message 37: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Is it allowed to have a demigod from a minor god? I wanted to know if I could do a son of Thanatos.

message 38: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Yes :) Of course. This is just a thread to give information about the Olympians (and other popular minor gods like Khione and Nemesis and Hecate, etc.)

message 39: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) I just wanted to make sure before I made my character. Thanks. :)

message 41: by anastasia , Temporarily unavailable; sorry guys! (new)

Yeah. I hope Lizzie sees this ^.^

♆ Camp Half-Blood ♆ ♔α яσℓερℓαү♔

unread topics | mark unread