Vintage historical romances and gothics free from smut discussion

Gothic historical romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 2 comments Mod
Hello
Does anyone know of any ward/guardian gothic historical romance novels,I tried Castlereagh by Janet Louise Roberts but was left sorely disappointed by the chemistry and heaving bosoms practically heaving into my face,a little too much for my liking.ugh,the creepy bit where he stares at his wife's "straining youthful bosom'does he purposefully keep her in old clothes for that reason,if so I think she should pack up and go.

message 2: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 2 comments Mod
Oh,and does anyone know of anything similar to once more Miranda,the chemistry and writing of that book was superb,but there is rather a lot of hooty tooty going on,too much for my taste,but I loved the premis plotline of. Street urchin being transformed into a lady by a Lord.

message 3: by Amg (new)

Amg | 1 comments I too am looking for great writing in the Whitney, Holt, Stewart genre -- Katherine Wigmore Eyre is not well known but a magnificent writer more like the great DuMaurier. Eyre's Lute and the Glove is one you will not forget.I have heard Blair Bancroft would fit into this group, but she is only available in Kindle form.

Bookishnymph *needs hea* (bookishnymphneedshea) There's always the classics like Wuthering Heights and Rebecca. I just read The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole, and I liked it.
My favorite it The Mysteries of Udolpho, it's a little long, but enjoyable.