Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

16 views
Monthly "Reads" > sherry's short list for october

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments only 3 read but all good ones!

Deadline- john sandford
That Night- chevy stevens
Big Little Lies- liane moriarty


message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14610 comments Glad you enjoyed the Traveling book too, Sherry! I hope to get to Big Little Lies soon.


message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments Ann wrote: "Glad you enjoyed the Traveling book too, Sherry! I hope to get to Big Little Lies soon."

the traveling book was a good and fast read. i've read several of her other books and really liked them, too.


message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14610 comments Uh Oh - more books to check on! :)
Sherry wrote: "the traveling book was a good and fast read. i've read several of her other books and really liked them, too. "


message 5: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I didn't join the traveling group read because I have my own softcover, but the problem seems to be that it is an actual book, and I haven't read a real book since I got my kindle when they first came out! May have to break down and actually purchase the kindle version. How silly is that??


message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments LizH wrote: "I didn't join the traveling group read because I have my own softcover, but the problem seems to be that it is an actual book, and I haven't read a real book since I got my kindle when they first c..."

LOL, liz. not silly- i totally can relate :)


message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14610 comments I can relate Liz! Maybe your library digital collection will have it!
LizH wrote: "May have to break down and actually purchase the kindle version. How silly is that??
"



message 8: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments As long as they were good ones...


message 9: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Quality over quantity!


message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments LizH wrote: "I didn't join the traveling group read because I have my own softcover, but the problem seems to be that it is an actual book, and I haven't read a real book since I got my kindle when they first c..."

LOL! I'm the same way with audios. I almost always choose them over HCs these days, and have little time to sit down and read. Oh well....


message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1299 comments I read Deadline and Big Little Lies this month too! Great books! Love Virgil!


message 12: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3589 comments I always enjoy looks to see what books you read. I want to read more of chevy's books. I'm hoping at some point and I'm sorry I haven't finished yet and got it moving the good girl. but I promise it will still be a traveling book whenever I get though the rest of it.
Liz I can see why you say that I was wondering if you wanted to be included for that night or not. maybe with the good girl you will want to join whoever will be doing that one. I have the ebook copy and the real book. I'm at the point I might start the ebook then just go back and do my comments/etc in the hard copy it might move along alittle faster. once I finish it we can decide the next book to do. where some of you do audios I think at times I'm having the same problem between ebooks and real books. okay it's sure easier to read the epub rather than the real book.


message 13: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3589 comments I never really figured out my page counts at the end of the year like some even though I do write down the amt of pages if possible with each book entry I do. Yet when I did the book reading contest rita wanted the total page count and going by that from 2013 I was way below what I read. I think next year I'm going to make a point on keeping a tally each month alot easier than waiting until the end of the year and figuring it out.


message 14: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments I have had "friends" say terrible things about my keeping of reading statistics.


message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14610 comments Never, Barry!
I let GR keep up with my page counts, for that reason I list all of my audio books as the print version so they will count. I was inspired by Barry, but too lazy to try to go back and back-fill page counts for books I have read. The data-nerd that I am won't allow me to have a piecemeal set of data like that, it would drive me crazy. :) (er)
Barry wrote: "I have had "friends" say terrible things about my keeping of reading statistics."


back to top