The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) The Blood of Olympus discussion

End of BoO Discussion WARNING SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Challis Okay so I have a question.
I definitely have a major book hangover from BoO. What do I do?
I started reading the Kane chronicles and that hasn't really helped. I'm still feeling a little empty.
On some level I feel like I lost a family member. Stupid I know but it feels like a milder (very much watered-down) version of that.
How do I get over this book?

message 2: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat when I read the last page i was like noooooo that last part was such a cliff hanger and he said no more of those...... well a little bit

message 3: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat well ove to me it was!!!!

Matthew Nat wrote: "when I read the last page i was like noooooo that last part was such a cliff hanger and he said no more of those...... well a little bit"

There's a difference between a cliffhanger and an open ending. The ending of MoA was a cliffhanger (both figurative and literal), while BoO had an open ending.

Bonnie (A Backwards Story) Was anyone else sort of...annoyed at the direction Frank's story took?

Well..that's not the right word, I guess.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm GLAD he lived and would have been sad if he died. BUT there was all this build-up about how he'd have a short but bright life, yaddi-yadda, and it felt *expected* that he would do something brilliant and make the ultimate sacrifice. And then it never came to fruition.

Granted, there was enough left open that maybe someday, there will be more, and maybe something will happen in the future, but it felt very...what's the word...like the air was let out of the sails?