Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > November 2014 Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Nov 02, 2014 12:28PM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I finished my listen of Ilona Andrews' Burn for Me and I can't settle into anything else now. It was simply fantastic made all the better by Renee Raudman's narration. She puts so much into the details.

I have tried several audios since and they were all DNFs. The latest try - Loreth Anne White's The Slow Burn of Silence narrated by Tanya Eby and Alexander Cendese. Eby is good although I'm not super fond of her male characterizations. Cendese - not too good. Rich deep voice but he uses a higher vocalization for the hero and he shifts on his female characterizations making the heroine sound cartoonish at times. I gave up and will finish on my Kindle.

So, minutes ago I started Patricia Briggs' Frost Burned narrated by Lorelei King. I have enjoyed all the other entries to the Mercy Thompson series and I bet this one will be no exception.

message 2: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments I finished The Counterfeit Heiress, which I absolutely loved. I'm listening to Star of the East: A Lady Emily Christmas Story, a Christmas novella in the Lady Emily series. It's only 2 hours long, so next up after that will be Only Enchanting. I just wish I had more time to listen at work this week.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Re-listening to Pamela Clare's Hard Evidence. Always enjoy this story and narration by Kaleo Griffith!

message 4: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Just finished If Wishes Were Earls If Wishes Were Earls (Rhymes With Love, #3) by Elizabeth Boyle by Elizabeth Boyle, narrated by Susan Duerdan. I really like this series! And the narration is okay, I am getting used to Susan Duerden's sing sing reading. Now I am deciding if I want to read/listen to the last book in this series, The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4) by Elizabeth Boyle or read/listen to Her Prodigal Passion Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4) by Grace Callaway by Grace Callaway, narrated by Erin Mallon, it was just released on audible a few days ago, I have been waiting for it! Sigh.... My dilemma.... LOL

message 5: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) I have decided, I just stated The Viscount Who Luved Down the Lane The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4) by Elizabeth Boyle , by Elizabeth Boyle, narrated by Susan Duerden.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments listening to Virtue Falls and egads - horrible horrible - the prologue was good, a nice serial killer vibe, but since then its turned into a wishy-washy pseudo mystery, more angsty romance drama - disappointing and the narrator makes the main character who has a phd in geology sound like a tabloid reporter (although the text of the writing enabled that)

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4230 comments Mod
Dee wrote: "listening to Virtue Falls and egads - horrible horrible - the prologue was good, a nice serial killer vibe, but since then its turned into a wishy-washy pseudo mystery, more angsty ..."

I'm on hold at the library for this audiobook. Thanks for the warning as I was considering using an audible credit for it.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments maybe you'll like it more than me - but egads

message 10: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Stadtler (bookschocolateandlipgloss) Luke Complete Series (Luke, #1-7) by Cassia Leo

I love this audiobook so far!

message 11: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listened to and enjoyed Jayne Ann Krentz All night long RS that included suspense, romance and heat. Enjoyed it so much decided to listen to In Too Deep.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1993 comments Mod
I finished A Discovery of Witches. I need something different and the good copy of The Witness by Nora Roberts came in. I'm listening :)

message 13: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Samantha wrote: "I finished A Discovery of Witches. I need something different and the good copy of The Witness by Nora Roberts came in. I'm listening :)"

Absolutely one of my favorite Nora's, especially on audio. Perfect match of narration with great story.

message 14: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I've had The Witness on my TBR for ages and for some reason, never felt like listening to it. I really should just keep going once I start it.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments totally worth of best romance audiobook a couple of years ago

message 16: by Samantha (new)

I'm glad to get back to it.

message 17: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) I finished The Viscount Who Lived Down The Lane The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4) by Elizabeth Boyle narrated by Susan Duerden. What a great book. The entire series was great! The narrator did a good job, she does read with a lot of emotion.

message 18: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Going to start Her Prodigal Passion Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4) by Grace Callaway Grace Callaway, narrated by Erin Mallon. I have been waiting for this fourth book in the Mayhem and Mayfair. series to come out on audible for a while I'm so excited to start it

message 19: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Just finished Dirty Rowdy Thing and a re-listen of The Winning Season.

message 20: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyvioletke) | 317 comments I'm in the middle of Wrongfully Accused by Ana Barrons narrated by Julia Motyka. I'm really enjoying it so far.

message 21: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments I'm listening to Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Lee wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I finished A Discovery of Witches. I need something different and the good copy of The Witness by Nora Roberts came in. I'm listening :)"

Absolutely one of my favorite Nora's..."

Lee, I really did enjoy The Witness. The narration was great.

message 23: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments The Witness- one of my top 10 ever

message 24: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Lee wrote: "The Witness- one of my top 10 ever" I loved it too!

message 25: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to NR's The Collector, not quite the quality of The Witness but still quite good.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

I enjoyed that book. Hope you do, too.

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Sue wrote: "Listening to NR's The Collector, not quite the quality of The Witness but still quite good."

I want to read that one since I read The Witness. I also have The Search as well.

message 28: by Tracy T. (last edited Nov 09, 2014 09:08AM) (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Finished listening to Her Prodigal Passion Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4) by Grace Callaway , by Grace Callaway, narrated by Erin Mallon. It was my least favorite in the Mayhem in Mayfair series for sure, the 3 previous books were fantastic in comparison. The narration was even lacking in this book too, and the narrator was the same for all 4 books. sigh....

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Sue wrote: "Listening to NR's The Collector, not quite the quality of The Witness but still quite good."

I also enjoyed that one.

message 30: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Started Wicked Designs (A League of Rogues) Wicked Designs (The League of Rogues, #1) by Lauren Smith , by Lauren Smith, narrated by Heather Wilds. Pretty good so far, only on chapter 3.

message 31: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Finished Wicked Designs. It was ok, a bit to much filler, and blah blah blah thinking for my liking. And the narration of Heather Wilds not so great. 5 men in the League of Rogues and they all sounded the same. 11 hours long, and it would have been a better story if it was 2 hours shorter.

message 32: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments I finished Archangel's Shadows. Not my favourite of the series. I liked it more than Archangel's Blade because Blade had a storyline it in that I really can't get into. It was a bit of a slog to get though for me. I just couldn't get in to it.

I'm going to start one of the 2 books I got at Audible's hidden gem's sale. I will report back as if they are really hidden gems or just something that should be buried. ;-)

message 33: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Lauren wrote: "Sue wrote: "Listening to NR's The Collector, not quite the quality of The Witness but still quite good."

I also enjoyed that one."

I can definitely recommend it, same narrator as The Witness (Julia Whelan). The Witness has a better backstory plus I love a woman who can handle herself, but the Collector has a lot of charm going for it. Both suspenseful and intriguing.

message 34: by Kari (new)

Kari Dell (karilynndell) Just finished Rogue Spy by Joanna Bourne, enjoyed it thoroughly as I have all of this series. Kirsten Potter is amazing as the narrator, I now go looking for new books based on her as the narrator, rather than looking for the author first. If you decide to give this series a shot I highly recommend reading in the order the books were written, beginning with Forbidden Rose. Each book is stand alone, but there are all kinds of fun little tidbits from previous books planted in the following books that are like treasures for those who've read them all.

Moving on now to My Lord and Spymaster, which is the only one I haven't read yet.

message 35: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Started A matter of Grave Concern A Matter of Grave Concern by Brenda Novak by Brenda Novak, narrated by Michael Page. It's a good story so far, with some LOL moments. I don't really like male narrators for Historical Romance novels but he is doing a really good job. Got this on KU for free and 1.99 on audible so it was a good deal.

message 36: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Finished A Matter of Grave Concern by Brenda Novak , great story! And very good narration. Just started Through the Smoke by Brenda Novak . I hope it's as good a A Matter of Grave Concern.

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

Tracy wrote: "Finished A Matter of Grave Concern by Brenda Novak, great story! And very good narration. Just started Through the Smoke by Brenda Novak. I hope it's as good a A Matter of Grave Concern."

I read Through the Smoke and enjoyed it. Hope you do, too.

message 38: by Moriah (last edited Nov 12, 2014 05:08PM) (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Finished Only Enchanting (The Survivors' Club, #4) by Mary Balogh . Another fantastic story by Mary Balogh. I love her prose and the emotional depth she brings to all her stories. Narration was spot on. Landor did a great job of conveying Flavian's stammer without over doing it. Not sure what is up next.

message 39: by Rakisha (new)

Rakisha (rakishabpl) | 7 comments I'm currently listening to Lisa Renee Jones' "If I Were You." I DNF'd Susan Mallory's Summer Nights because of the subplot with the rape survivor.

message 40: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) @Jonetta. So far I am enjoying Through the Smoke so far! Thank you.

message 41: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Moriah wrote: "Finished Only Enchanting (The Survivors' Club, #4) by Mary Balogh. Another fantastic story by Mary Balogh. I love her prose and the emotional depth she brings to all her stories. Narration was spot on. Landor did..."

I liked this one so much I have trouble settling for something new!

message 42: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Starting The Suffragette Scandal. Have heard great things about this title and audiobook.

message 43: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 533 comments Suzanne, I love the rest of this series and XE Sands is fantastic to listen to.

message 44: by Samantha (new)

I started The Search by Nora Roberts but I can already tell that it is going to be different than The Witness. Not instantly grabbing me with all the dog chatter. I am fearful it might turn into another Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard. That book was a straight up survival guide. No suspense or romance.

message 45: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Samantha wrote: "I started The Search by Nora Roberts but I can already tell that it is going to be different than The Witness. Not instantly grabbing me with all the dog chatter. I am fearful it might turn int..."
I LOVE The Search, especially the audiobook. All of the dog talk and interaction just added to the charm. The romance between Fiona and Simon was funny and warm.

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost - I love Vlad and Leila's dynamic in these books and Tavia Gilbert is so good at portraying the tension and excitement of their relationship.

message 47: by Samantha (new)

Lee wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I started The Search by Nora Roberts but I can already tell that it is going to be different than The Witness. Not instantly grabbing me with all the dog chatter. I am fearful ..."

I will let you know. I'm hoping it is good.

message 48: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Samantha wrote: "Lee wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I started The Search by Nora Roberts but I can already tell that it is going to be different than The Witness. Not instantly grabbing me with all the dog chatter. I..."

Definitely curious, NR is comfort reading for me. I'm rarely disappointed but then again some titles are better than others. Her earlier works are coming up on Audible quite a bit, very hit or miss. So I love see recommendations here.

message 49: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Returning to the I-Team, love this series... but I've paced myself....I burn out to easily, so this strategy works for me. I use this strategy for most series because if I don't I ultimately won't finish them. Unlawful Contact loved the opening to this book, won't spill the beans. Kaleo Griffith, always does a great job.

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i've found i-team to be more miss than hit for me - I like Kaleo Griffin - but egads some of those heroines are TSTL - if I wasn't listening to the audiobook, the book likely would have gone flying at several stages

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.