Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3) Stay with Me discussion

When they first met..

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gayatri SPOILER ALERT. DON'T CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK BEFORE.

So I read this book (because how could I possibly miss a J. Lynn book) and there's one thing that's really been bugging me. Jax claims that he's known Calla before she knew him since he used to watch her with her mom. If that's true, then in the beginning of the book why did he flirt with her and then seem shocked that the girl he was flirting with was Calla (the part where Clyde and Calla meet for the first time after 3 years)? If I recall correctly, he "stiffened" when he became aware she was "the Calla". Shouldn't he have already known it was her?

Grace I actually tweeted J.Lynn about this because I was wondering the same thing.
She replied saying that "He wasn't really surprised. More of Calla's perception of his reaction. He knew who so was but she didn't' realise that"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe J. Lynn didn't think that through because it didn't seem like JUST Calla's perception. It really seemed like he really was surprised when he realized that she was "the Calla". I seriously don't know, but I had the same question.

message 4: by Gayatri (last edited Nov 12, 2014 04:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gayatri Grace wrote: "I actually tweeted J.Lynn about this because I was wondering the same thing.
She replied saying that "He wasn't really surprised. More of Calla's perception of his reaction. He knew who so was but ..."

I agree, it didnt seem like just Calla's perception. If he knew her shouldnt there have been no reaction?

Miranda I think you need to re-read it. It is Calla's perception that he doesan't know her, and he stiffens when she first looks up from rearranging her thongs (flip-flops) on her feet, because he recognises her.