The Rebelution discussion

General > Getting to know each other

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Hi everyone!
Let's get to know each other a liitle better by sharing some information about ourselves. It doesn't have to be personal, just share what you feel comfortable with. Everyone please share, even if you have been a member of this group for awhile. It's always nice to learn something about someone's personality, even if it's just a little thing like your favorite color. :)

message 2: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Alright, so a little about me:
I LOVE books! Some of my interests other than reading, baking, writing, drawing, playing sports, swimming, cooking, and spending time with my family.
An interesting thing about me is that I have ten siblings. :)
My favorite book series is The Blood of Kings by Jill Williamson. My favorite book is probably The Prophet by Frank Peretti.
I love coffee and ice cream. Actually ice cream is my favorite food. (And yes that does count as a food). ;)
The last thing I'll mention is I love horses, kittens, and wolves.
I can't wait to get to know some interesting facts about all of you!! :D

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Swimchickhg) | 26 comments Mod
To be completely honest, I'm not a very interesting person on paper....
I'm a competitive swimmer. I LOVE music; I sing in my youth group's worship band and play the ukulele and piano on my own. I am a firm believer that hot chocolate and ice cream are quite possibly the best things on the planet and eat them year-round. I'm a really awkward mix of introvert and extrovert.
I'm just really awkward in general.
I can never choose a single book to be my favorite, but some of my top few are: the Harris twins' books, anything by John Green, and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli.
My friends would tell you that I'm kind of a hippie and belong in the 60's, and I guess I would have to agree with them. I don't do drugs or that stuff, I just have a similar mindset, attitude, and style.
I hope to get to know and talk to more of you soon!!

message 4: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I forgot to mention that I love classics. Both the books and the movies. There have been a couple I had trouble with, but overall they are all pretty awesome! I love theology too. That's a wierd thing about me. :)

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Swimchickhg) | 26 comments Mod
There's some really good theological books out there! I've been slowly getting more and more into things like that lately!

message 6: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Yeah, me too. I just went to Worldview Academy this year so I had to read a lot of theological books before hand. I also had to read a lot about worldviews and apologetics. I actually found them very interesting, and I really enjoyed the lectures at Worldview Academy. :)

message 7: by David (new)

David Miles | 5 comments I went to Worldview Academy this year too. The Los Angeles camp. Which one did you go to? I had Bill Jack, Mike Schutt, and Paul Jordan. Who did you have?

message 8: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I went to the New Haven, CT camp. It was really small, but still great. The speakers were Randy Simms, Andy Frye, and Nathan Pegors. That's so awesome that you got Bill Jack. I've heard him talk at two homeschool conventions, and I really wanted him as one of the speakers. Oh well, maybe next year. :)

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris | 34 comments Here's a little about me:
I have a reserved personality (which might explain why I love books so much!) I love playing basketball and cheering for my local NBA team (Boston Celtics). I play the guitar. I could never choose a single favorite food (there are too many types!), but the first thing that comes to mind is pizza. (Who doesn't like pizza!) Finally, one interesting thing about me is that I grew up in Massachusetts, but when I was ten, our family moved to Michigan, and now, this year, we moved back to Massachusetts.

message 10: by Daniel (last edited Nov 18, 2014 01:07PM) (new)

Daniel Adorno (danieladorno) | 20 comments Hi I'm Daniel, but please don't call me "Dan"--Danny or Daniel is what I prefer! I'm a published author and I'm a big history buff. I live in Minnesota where it's freezing cold out and there's snow on the ground (yeah, no fun). Been married for 6 years and we have a very energetic 2 year old boy, who I love to draw and play games with. Besides writing, I love to create 3D art (check out my website to see it), read books, and watch good fantasy/sci-fi movies.

Fun fact: I used to live in Florida and worked at Walt Disney World as Goofy!

message 11: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Another random fact about me: I'm very sarcastic and I automatically answer questions sarcastically. The problem is people always think I'm being serious when I'm really not. :( I'm working on it though. ;)

message 12: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Oh, so another question. How many siblings do you all have? I have ten siblings, including a twin sister. So Seven sisters and three brothers. :)

message 13: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Adorno (danieladorno) | 20 comments Wow, big family! I only have a younger brother, but my Dad has six siblings (four brothers and two sisters). So I have quite a few cousins ;)

message 14: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) My dad has seven siblings, so I have a lot of cousins on his side of the family. My mom only had one sister so not so much on her side. My dad was the youngest in his family though so most of my cousins are way older than me.

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna Hi! I'm Anna. I am a 14 year old homeschooler in a family of eleven. I am the oldest. I love reading, baking, piano, photography, pinterest, school(yeah, I'm weird☺) and kids! I like cats, hedgehogs, and chickens and I like the colors pink and orange. I am a child of God!

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna Dressen Hi, my name is also Anna, and I have eight siblings (five brothers and three sisters). I love reading, writing, pinterest, knitting/crocheting, drawing, spending time with my family, and fangirling. I love chocolate and ice cream. My favorite color is pink, and that has nothing to do with me being a blonde. I also wear glasses and I'm not even 5ft and I probably won't ever be. I live in California. I also went to Worldview Academy last year, the one in the Roseville/Rocklin area (aka William Jessup) and got Bill Jack, who was amazing.

message 17: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Hi guys!!!!! Thanks for joining!!!! :)

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna I might go to Worldview Academy soon!!!

message 19: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) It's awesome, I highly recommend it!!!!

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna Dressen I highly recommend it too. It is a very inspirational week.

message 21: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I'm going again this year and I can’t wait! I made some really great friends while I was there and I'll get to see some of them again too. :D

message 22: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) ;D

message 23: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Yay! I'm glad you joined!!! :D I hope you enjoy the group!!!

message 24: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Green | 3 comments Thanks Tamara for inviting me. I just led a group of teens through the Do Hard Things book.

message 25: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Your welcome Cindy!! Thank you for joining. :) I love the Do Hard Things book!! :D

message 26: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Welcome to the group Astrid!!!!! So great to have you here!!! :D
I love books too!!! I'm an extreme bookworm. ;) No, my twin and I are not identical, we're actually very different from each other in looks. :)

message 27: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) It seems like everyone wants a twin, I guess I should be very thankful that I have one. The real benefit is having someone to go to who really understands you. :) That's great that you and your brother are so close, that must be a real blessing!! :D

message 28: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Haha, and I'll try not to be jealous of you! ;)

message 29: by MacKenzie (new)

MacKenzie Morganthal | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm new to this group, so thought I would introduce myself. :) I'm a Christian, homeschool graduate, and recently published author. Excited that Astrid invited me to this group!

message 30: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Hi MacKenzie!!! So glad you decided to join!!! :D

message 31: by MacKenzie (new)

MacKenzie Morganthal | 4 comments Thanks, Tamara! :)

message 32: by MacKenzie (new)

MacKenzie Morganthal | 4 comments Astrid: Thanks! :)

message 33: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Yeah, me too!

message 34: by Leah (new)

Leah Wwlcome MacKenzie! =)

message 35: by Avery Joy (new)

Avery Joy | 41 comments Mod
Hi! I'm a homeschooled Christian teen who loves to read, dance, sing, take pics, style hair, and anything that has to do with theatre! I have 6 soon to be 7 siblings! I'm excited to meet you all!

message 36: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 64 comments Hi everyone!! I'm Mary Kate(; Tamara invited me(:
I'm a Christian who was saved at the age of seven and strive to get nearer my Lord Jesus every day! I love my family and friends and love to make all kinds of new friends(;
Love reading , writing, music, art, animals, discussions, deep studies, and talking to new people!! I would love to meet each and very one of u!, God bless(;

message 37: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Hey girls! Thanks for joining!! :)

message 38: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 64 comments Hi(;

message 39: by Leah (new)

Leah Hi!
Sorry I have been a member of this group for quite some time, but I never told uoh about myself! :o
So, I love God with all my heart! I love my family of 13 and , y friends. (Encluding you guys!) <3
I love piano, reading, books, baking, art, chocolate, coffee, getting letters, sleeping, and animals. :) <3
I am 12 and I'm the eighth child of 11 kids. :)

message 40: by Leah (new)

Leah you* my*

message 41: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Hi all, I am Ashis Rai.
Tamara invited me to this group. I love reading books, listening music, playing soccer, photography, playing guitar/piano, and adventure stuffs like rafting, hiking, traveling, etc. I am fairly involved in church ministry as well - leading worship (english congregation) and youth group.

God Bless

message 42: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Leah wrote: "Hi!
Sorry I have been a member of this group for quite some time, but I never told uoh about myself! :o
So, I love God with all my heart! I love my family of 13 and , y friends. (Encluding you gu..."

Welcome Leah. You have a big family..wow. Mine is 9.

message 43: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Tamara wrote: "Alright, so a little about me:
I LOVE books! Some of my interests other than reading, baking, writing, drawing, playing sports, swimming, cooking, and spending time with my family.
An interesting t..."

Welcome Tamara :)

message 44: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Hannah wrote: "To be completely honest, I'm not a very interesting person on paper....
I'm a competitive swimmer. I LOVE music; I sing in my youth group's worship band and play the ukulele and piano on my own. I ..."

Good to know you Hannah. You looks amazing.

message 45: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 64 comments Hi again Ashis! Welcome to this group(:

message 46: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Chris wrote: "Here's a little about me:
I have a reserved personality (which might explain why I love books so much!) I love playing basketball and cheering for my local NBA team (Boston Celtics). I play the gui..."

Welcome Chris. Glad to know you. BTW, I used to follow NBA(LA) games when I was in college.

message 47: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Daniel wrote: "Hi I'm Daniel, but please don't call me "Dan"--Danny or Daniel is what I prefer! I'm a published author and I'm a big history buff. I live in Minnesota where it's freezing cold out and there's snow..."

Hi Daniel, good to know you. Looks like you've got happy family.

message 48: by Ashis (last edited Aug 03, 2015 09:32AM) (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Tamara wrote: "Oh, so another question. How many siblings do you all have? I have ten siblings, including a twin sister. So Seven sisters and three brothers. :)"

Wow, thats wonderful. I have six siblings.

message 49: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Aɳɳα wrote: "Hi! I'm Anna. I am a 14 year old homeschooler in a family of eleven. I am the oldest. I love reading, baking, piano, photography, pinterest, school(yeah, I'm weird☺) and kids! I like cats, hedgehog..."
Hi Anna, good to know you and welcome once again.

message 50: by Ashis (new)

Ashis (ashisrai_) | 15 comments Anna wrote: "Hi, my name is also Anna, and I have eight siblings (five brothers and three sisters). I love reading, writing, pinterest, knitting/crocheting, drawing, spending time with my family, and fangirling..."

Hi Anna, good to know you and welcome once again.

« previous 1