Readers and Writers of Christian Fiction discussion

General > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Piper (new)

Piper | 27 comments Mod
new to the group or goodreads? Introduce yourself here!

I'll start!

My name is Piper. I love to read and write and hope to one day be a published author! My favorite genres are sci-fi, fantasy, mystery/suspense and historical romance with some suspense thrown in. Also, I love tea! ;)

message 2: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Frances (goodreadscomsylvia_frances) Hi, I'm Sylvia Frances, author of the Immortal Memory series. If you're looking for something different to read, I just released two Romantic Inspirational Paranormal novels in a series. Immortal Memory: Book One and Immortal Memory: A Cursed Affair.

message 3: by Cynthia (last edited Jan 23, 2015 11:29AM) (new)

Cynthia Down | 7 comments Hi everybody - my name is Cynthia Down, author of Everyday Wisdom Books. Books full of advice for life, rich with God's wisdom. Cynthia DownEveryday Wisdom For Life

Below is my author profile:

Cynthia is not your conventional Christian.

She has been an unmarried mom, a single mom, a boss, a member of the 12-step fellowships, a wife and an ex-wife, has had an abortion and has suffered misery from a life focused on self.

Serious commitment to being in The Word on a regular basis for the past 13 years has changed her life from the inside out. She is passionate about the transformative power of scripture and provides compelling biblical instruction and insight. She has been trained in leadership and biblical counselling through Healing Hearts Ministries International. She has a special heart for post-abortive women.

Her mission is to provide Everyday Wisdom and advice that is completely relevant to today’s culture and is 100% based on sound biblical truth. Her desire is that others will experience the unshakeable security that can only come through a deeper knowledge of God.

She’ll openly share life and lessons with you through her blog , social media and Everyday Wisdom books. You can contact her at:

Visit Facebook
Twitter: @everdaywisdom77

I adore reading fiction and especially love high quality Christian fiction. I also read Christian non-fiction books, of course, to help me grow in my walk with Christ. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

message 4: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Romaine (jasmineromaine) | 1 comments Greetings! I'm Jasmine author of Jazzed Inspirations! An inspirational memoir infused with motivational tidbits to help you make it through your day!!

Twitter: @j_romaine

message 5: by Miranda (last edited May 04, 2015 01:34PM) (new)

Miranda Atchley | 2 comments Hi, my name is Miranda Atchley. I published my first novel Stephanie's Story in March 2014 and my second novel Misfit Like Me in November 2014. I write Christian young adult. I love writing and reading, especially young adult and classic novels. Some of my favorite authors are L.M Montgomery, Melody Carlson and Jenny B. Jones. You can download my novels on Amazon or request a paperback copy via email. All info is listed on my website mirandaatchley7.wix.com/mirandaatchley. Thanks for reading!

message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypaigemccutcheon) Hello, my name is Sydney and I am a Christian. I also published my first novel Henry (Christian Suspense Fiction) last August.
Henry by Sydney Paige McCutcheon

It is available on Amazon.com Paperback & Kindle.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Henry-Sydney-Pa...

I am still figuring out this whole author-thing, what to do, etc but I trust in God to order my steps. Jesus is the only reason I'm here alive today. Thank God He never leaves me!

I love tea, coffee, old movies, and rainy days. That's why a lot of my books have rain scenes in them haha. I'm excited to be a part of this group!

Sydney

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Michelsen (jtmichelsen) | 1 comments Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and I just published my first novel, Early Release. Here is my author profile, and I look forward to interacting with you all on this amazing journey as we learn to be better writers and, more importantly, better Christians!

I’m just a normal guy with a breadth of experience that fills my writing with a variety of characters and situations. I was born and raised in Detroit, and spent nearly a decade in the Army traveling the world and trying not to get shot. Now I have settled in the Baltimore area, where I confront the trials of a new family with my lovely wife and three extremely hyper kids. I’ve climbed to the top, I’ve sank to the bottom, and now I can recognize that there just isn’t much difference between the people you find in each place. I have completed a BS in Liberal Arts with a concentration in Homeland Security, and now I am working on my M.Div in Theological Studies. My educational background is clearly as diverse as everything else in my life!

Check out my blog!

message 8: by Piper (new)

Piper | 27 comments Mod
Hello and welcome, everyone! Sorry, I kind of abandoned this group for a while. Perhaps we can get it up and going again. :)

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Stosic (MichaelStosic) | 2 comments Hello! My name is Michael. I'm a Christian book writer. If you're interested, my book's title is Thirty-Nine Days. I'm so glad I've joined this group. I hope to make new friends here. Nice to meet everyone.

message 10: by Mcebo (new)

Mcebo Michael Metfula (mcebomichaelmetfula) | 3 comments Hi. I am Mcebo Michael Metfula, Christian book writer...

message 11: by Shawna (new)

Shawna Barnett (shawnarbarnett) | 1 comments Hi All! My name is Shawna and I am brand new to this group. I have been published before and wrote a couple of romantic fiction books that were to be a 3 part series and found that my focus and desire to write in that genre had changed. I had/have a hard time completing the last installment because my heart is no longer in that type of writing anymore. I have fans ask me all the time when will I finish the series and I tell them I will, but cant. I have found my interest to be in Christian writing, although I have never written a lick of it. I joined this group to maybe get some tips, hints, etc.. hope it helps.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Connell (michelleconnell) My name is Michelle, I haven't been on Goodreads very long and am still trying to figure it out :) I am a co-author of Prompted to Write available on Amazon. I am also blogging an inspirational romance at HeirForceNovel.wordpress.com and my next novel will come out in Sep. if I get it all figured out. I am not a techy, and am usually lost. I am learning Scrivener and am studying book covers. I am a mom of 4, and homeschool the older 3. I have been a Christian since grade school. I live in IL, near Scott AFB.

message 13: by Piper (new)

Piper | 27 comments Mod
Welcome Michael, Mcebo, Shawna and Michelle!

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Connell (michelleconnell) It's nice to meet everyone. I'm going to throw out a question and just see what happens.

What do you all do to market your books, those who have them out? I am interested in any ideas except FB, as I'm not interested in that at all. I've been reading up on marketing, but it's nice to actually 'talk' with folks who are in the trenches. Maybe we can help each other out.

message 15: by Piper (new)

Piper | 27 comments Mod
Good question Michelle! I don't have any books out yet so would also like to hear what anyone has to say about that.