Free Books, .99, Giveaways & Reviews - Check Them Out! discussion

Welcome - who are you?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Oak (last edited Nov 05, 2014 06:30PM) (new)

Oak Anderson | 102 comments Mod
Thanks for stopping by!

If you have and suggestions, questions or have something nice to say, feel free to post it here.

Also, I'm curious about the ratio of members, so please leave a note saying if you are a reader, author, publisher or blogger.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda Dobinson (baspoet) Hi Oak, I am a reader and an author. I have a goodreads blog which I started with good intentions... but I am not really a blogger.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 29 comments Hello Linda :)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 29 comments I am an author. :) (said proudly and with a bit of disbelief) ;)
Also and avid reader...so excited to see all the different genres here!

message 5: by Oak (new)

Good to meet you, Linda, thanks for sharing.

Sarah, good to see you again!

message 6: by Lucian (new)

Lucian Bane | 15 comments Hello all again. Lucian Bane for those who don't know me. Fairly new author myself. I write paranormal romance and erotic romance with bdsm flavorings. Let me know how I can help.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 29 comments Hello, Lucian! I love paranormal romance!

@Oak, ditto. :)

message 8: by Oak (new)

Lucian wrote: "Hello all again. Lucian Bane for those who don't know me. Fairly new author myself. I write paranormal romance and erotic romance with bdsm flavorings. Let me know how I can help."

You have quite a collection of published books, Lucian, congrats. Great ratings too. Welcome to the group!

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna | 12 comments Love the name...Lucian Bane :)
Will definitely look into your work.

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Randall (andrea_d_randall) | 1 comments Hello. I'm a inspiring writer. I have a million book ideas that I associate with my over active imagination and my own weight of otherwise useless knowledge. However, my passion for reading has limited my ability to decide on a genre. Thank you for allowing me in the group. Perhaps, I can rope two or three of my stories into at least one category.

message 11: by Oak (new)

Andrea wrote: "Hello. I'm a inspiring writer. I have a million book ideas that I associate with my over active imagination and my own weight of otherwise useless knowledge. However, my passion for reading has lim..."

Hi Andrea, glad to have you!

message 12: by Roitman (new)

Roitman Trillo (roitman_trillo) | 5 comments Hi everyone!
Oak, thanks so much for starting this group.
I'm a children's book author and illustrator of five books published so far at Amazon and Barnes and Noble: Caterpillar's Dream, La Oruga Sonadora, Ellie Sanchelly, Valentina Juega Con El Viento, and just released Thankful For Today.
Below is the cover of one of my books: "Caterpillar's Dream"
Caterpillar's Dream by Roitman Trillo

message 13: by Oak (last edited Nov 15, 2014 05:09PM) (new)

Roitman wrote: "Hi everyone!
Oak, thanks so much for starting this group.
I'm a children's book author and illustrator of five books published so far at Amazon and Barnes and Noble: Caterpillar's Dream, La Oruga ..."

Great to meet you, Roitman! I checked your author profile and saw that you have a book trailer, so invite you to share it here:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 14: by Roitman (new)

Roitman Trillo (roitman_trillo) | 5 comments Thank you! Will do :)

message 15: by N.B. (new)

N.B. (nbroberts) | 3 comments Hi there *waves at everyone*

My name is Nicola, I live in the UK and I'm a reader, an author and my own publisher. I'm pretty new to GR's so still learning about these groups. They're just a great way for book lovers of all kinds to interact, recommend, promote, etc. Great to be here!

message 16: by Oak (new)

N.B. wrote: "Hi there *waves at everyone*

My name is Nicola, I live in the UK and I'm a reader, an author and my own publisher. I'm pretty new to GR's so still learning about these groups. They're just a great..."

Hi N.B, Great to have you!

message 17: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) Hi Oak,and other Members, came across from Fringe (didnt know we had a sister group). I'm an author and love reading thrillers, fantasy and historicals, medieval and ancient.

message 18: by Anita (new)

Anita Viccica - Toss (goodreadsnitareeny) | 5 comments ::::looks around and sees I'm the ONLY reader here!::::: (well for NOW!) Hi! My name is Anita and I'm a reader and use Goodreads to find my all my books! :) Thanks for starting this awesome group! :)

message 19: by Oak (new)

Anita wrote: "::::looks around and sees I'm the ONLY reader here!::::: (well for NOW!) Hi! My name is Anita and I'm a reader and use Goodreads to find my all my books! :) Thanks for starting this awesome group! :)"

I think we're all guilty of reading, Anita haha. Thanks for stopping by:)

message 20: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) | 4 comments Oops, missed this topic.

Hi, I'm Lily, a mod from the (in)famous Fringe Fiction group.

I'm an everywoman, author, artist, reader, blogger, and... anything else when I can find the time. Because apparently I love torturing myself. Why? I don't know.

message 21: by Dionne (new)

Dionne | 15 comments Hi all, I'm a reader and I've published one book that I hope to get more readers for.

message 22: by Stephany (new)

Stephany Acosta | 1 comments Hi, im Stephany and a passionate reader. I live in Colombia and usually post reviews of the books I have read (it depends on the book).
Favorite genres: YA, historical fiction, fiction, thriller, fantasy.

message 23: by Chuck (new)

Chuck (macmanus) | 2 comments Hello All,

I'm Chuck, just joined the group today and GoodReads about a month ago. Just a reader, or as my wife refers to me, "a book junkie", always looking for my next fix!

Genres: Fantasy, SciFi, Horror, Thriller

message 24: by Anita (new)

Anita Viccica - Toss (goodreadsnitareeny) | 5 comments Oak wrote: "Anita wrote: "::::looks around and sees I'm the ONLY reader here!::::: (well for NOW!) Hi! My name is Anita and I'm a reader and use Goodreads to find my all my books! :) Thanks for starting this a..."

LOL Oak! thanks! :)

message 25: by Alex (new)

Alex Morritt (alexmorritt) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Alex, This looks like an interesting group. I have recently published a fictional short story collection Impromptu Scribe which is available as a Kindle edition from Amazon sites worldwide. This is quite a departure from my previous two works which are more in the realm of poetry & photography travelogues: Glimpses of Guatemala (2012) and Guises of Guyana (2013). I look forward to participating and meeting more of you. Thanks.

message 26: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (rockiealv) | 2 comments Hello Everyone! My name is Raquel and I am an avid reader, a new author, and a ridiculously inexperienced onliner (I'm sure that's a word...).

I've discovered that I love bringing my random thoughts and dreams to life but am less keen on the technical aspects involved: marketing, formatting, art, and did I mention marketing? This hermit is going to have to learn to stick her neck out of her shell and sell herself! Ha ha

Anywho, I'm excited to be here, especially since I may have found my next read (thank you, Lucian).

message 27: by Brooke (new)

Brooke O | 1 comments i joined to try to recive books to give feed back as a young reader. im 19

message 28: by Gay (new)

Gay Yellen (httpwwwgoodreadscomgayyellen) | 5 comments Announcing the $.99 cent limited time sale of The Body Business e-book, now through 12/19/14.

Romance, suspense, thrills and fun!

The Body Business The Body Business by Gay Yellen

message 29: by Gina (new)

Gina Harris | 63 comments Hi I am an avid reader!!!

message 30: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanie_kitty) Hi! I'm Tanya. I love to read and I have a book review blog.

My favorite genres are YA, horror,suspense and biographies/autobiographies, especially if the books have to do with the paranormal and/or have lgbt characters.

message 31: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Hi, I'm Cathy, and I can't imagine NOT reading. Goodreads has helped me make a lot of connections, and I joined this group to feed my reading addiction.

message 32: by Gina (new)

Gina Harris | 63 comments I am a reader, thanks for asking.

message 33: by George (new)

George III (glc3) | 9 comments Hi all and Happy New Year.

I am a sci-fi and horror author of The Dead War Zombie series and Giant Land Octopus.

message 34: by Gina (new)

Gina Harris | 63 comments I am an avid reader!!!

message 35: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Engellmann (engellmann) | 5 comments Hi everyone! I'm Alex, author/reader/blogger. I'm Russian, but I'm such a huge fan of English that I can't remember the last time I read a book in Russian. I write urban fantasy/action, and my first book "Sky Ghosts: All for One" is published on Amazon Kindle. Besides, sometimes I write short stories about pretty much anything, you can find them in my tumblr blog http://engellmann.tumblr.com/
I'm new to GR, but already in love with this group and hope to find new amazing friends here :)

message 36: by Gina (new)

Gina Harris | 63 comments I am a reader

message 37: by Dara (new)

Dara Yu | 2 comments Hi, I'm Dara. I'm a reader, blogger and an aspiring author. I already started my first novel but I can't seem to finish it. I have all kinds of stories in my head but putting them into words can be hard, considering English is my second language. And writing my stories in my native tongue can sound pretty tacky on my part, so it's not an option for me. But it's great to be here in GR as I get to meet lots of like-minded bookworms. :)

message 38: by Kat (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 6 comments Dara wrote: "I have all kinds of stories in my head but putting them into words can be hard, considering English is my second language..."

Hi Dara! You and me both. :)

message 39: by Anthony (new)

Anthony O'Brian | 2 comments Hello,

Great to stumble on this group! I am first a READER, second a WRITER, third an AUTHOR, and fourth a BLOGGER. (You don't want to know all the other hats I wear!)

Interestingly enough, I am prepared for release of another in the Summer Days series and will be making the first title free for a limited time when that date rolls around.

I suppose that means this group will be among the first to hear it. We just finished three book giveaways and I wish that I would have known about everyone here and I would have posted for you to check it out.

Thanks and good to be here!

~Anthony O'Brian

message 40: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Crowe (ellie2) | 2 comments Letting Evil InHi there. I'm an author and a reader. Great to read your posts and to join this group. I was inspired to try some more PR this morning when I read this great review for my book from SuziQ:
*****Chilling abduction, drugs, cheating husband, sexy Brazilian Federal Agent, January 11, 2015
By SuziQ - See all my reviews
This review is from: Letting Evil In (Kindle Edition)

LETTING EVIL IN by Ellie Eden 5 *'s

I was only going to read for half an hour when I opened this romantic suspense book.....could not put the book down! It was a fast paced adventure with a cheating husband, savvy teen son, desperate young lover, drug lords, sexy agent, and a heroine that drove me nuts. Set in the tropical paradise of Copacabana Beach outside of Rio, Brazil, a wronged woman searches for her missing husband. Kristi does not want to believe her man is a cheater, a fact that made me want to shake her. The plot races, twisting and turning, to a hopeful/happy ending. Great book--don't miss it.

message 41: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Crowe (ellie2) | 2 comments Stephany wrote: "Hi, im Stephany and a passionate reader. I live in Colombia and usually post reviews of the books I have read (it depends on the book).
Favorite genres: YA, historical fiction, fiction, thriller, ..."

Hi Stephany - my latest book Letting Evil In is set in Brazil. I'd love to set a book in Columbia - I will have to visit it first though. Nice to know there are passionate readers there!Letting Evil In

A New Page Book Reviews (anewpagebookreviews) | 2 comments Hi all, I'm new to the group. I've been contributing to other blogs for a while, but recently decided to step out on my own. Feel free to give me a peek :)

https://anewpagebookblog.wordpress.com/

message 43: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Hey Everyone!
My name is Justin. I am an author and poet. I heard about this group because I am a member of Oak's other group, Book Trailer's-Check Them Out! I been meaning to join this group for a while but got caught up in others and..well you know how it is. Anyways, glad to be a member, looking forward to interacting with you all and checking out some of your amazing books and deals. I will be posting some promo's eventually but I want to become better familiar with the group first :)

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisawtraylor) | 1 comments Hi all-- I'm not a book author (yet) but I blog erratically at http://www.devotionsfromdailylife.com

message 45: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Murray | 17 comments Hi I'm Stuart,
Author of Dangerous Perceptions, and Goodreads member since November 2014.

My website: http://www.stuartmurraybooks.com

message 46: by Gina (new)

Gina Harris | 63 comments Hello, I am an avid reader! If you are an author, I want to thank you! I appreciate you!!!

message 47: by Kalynn (new)

Kalynn Campbell (lowbrowser) | 2 comments Gina wrote: "...If you are an author, I want to thank you! I appreciate you!!!"

Hello everyone,
I'm an author, I just released a poetry book, She of Thorn: Poems and Rhyme of A Heart Unkind and I'm currently getting one of two novels ready for publishing. I'm new to Goodreads but excited to be here.

And I want to add - thank you Gina, you are awesome!!!

message 48: by Gina (new)

Gina Harris | 63 comments I am an avid reader

message 49: by Mansi (new)

Mansi | 1 comments Hie everyone,
I am a avid reader too :)

message 50: by Lee (new)

Lee Whitney (boobearcat) | 12 comments me too!!! I may be a bit of a book hoarder!! sigh..

« previous 1 3