The Beginning of the End (Zombie RP) discussion

Iɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ > Qᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ Sᴜɢɢᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴs

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (last edited Jan 07, 2017 09:07AM) (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) | 545 comments Mod
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS

If you have any queries or questions related to the roleplay please leave them below and either myself or one of the mods will endeavour to answer to them. If the mods aren't on and another member of the group has the answer please feel free to help out! It would be much appreciated :) please also leave any suggestions you may have here. If you want a new location or have some ideas for the group please let us know.

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 83 comments Hello hello, so real quick question with Elle and Jacque, when roleplaying with three people, do you all want to take turns and have an order like Elle, Me and then Jacque or just post and wait up for the other character. Im not sure, any ideas?

message 3: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

If we do one at a time for now? So you, Jac, me?

And then if someone's going to bed or work or something, we can either say we'll wait or we can excuse their character from the scene so the others can keep going? In the police office we can probably quite easily say someone was just called away?

message 4: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Well I said the same, just I'll probably be going to bed soon, so if you guys want to keep going I'll send Kate to forensics or something

message 5: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 83 comments Yea that sounds good, great! If someone will be out for a while, like me at times, I dont mind you all saying that Adam was called by another employee for example, and then I'll pop back in when I can.

message 6: by Rose ♥ (new)

Rose ♥ | 134 comments I just wanted to ask this before I go ahead and make my character because I want to be sure to do nothing wrong. Having to do with the rule about realism, I was hoping to make a younger girl character, about 11-13 in age who was at first taken care of in a big group but has recently been on her own for a while and therefor can take care of herself (use a gun, etc). In my opinion, I feel like this could be accurate (seeing as I may have gotten the idea from Clementine from TWD video game) but if you mods don't agree I will certainly change it!

message 7: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Hey Rose, that's fine but it will have to be once the apocalypse actually starts! You see, we're sort of in the pre-zombie phase at the moment, it's relative normality for now, so people are going about their daily lives whilst the zombie virus remains dormant. It's all going to come into fruition in the next few days, but the idea will be that we essentially roleplay the apocalypse taking place - beginning to end. So it would be fine for her to have a gun, but you'll actually have the chance to write her through learning those skills with a group and then going off on her own. Hope that makes sense?!

message 8: by Rose ♥ (new)

Rose ♥ | 134 comments Yes that makes perfect sense and actually works much better! I prolly should have finished going through the topics before I asked that, lol. Thank you!

message 9: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Sorry! I feel like I maybe need to clear it up a little better on the summary, but I'll get to that! ^-^ If you have anymore queries you know where we are!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe you could just add a little bolded section that comments like Time of RP: Pre- Apocalypse; Hardly detected virus.
Or not xD just a suggestion.

message 11: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

That's a good idea Nicole, gonna do it just to clarify,

message 12: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 494 comments Haha youre not the only one making someone like Clem

message 13: by Rose ♥ (new)

Rose ♥ | 134 comments Screeches Kiks Skype now!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just gonna put a few lil suggestions that popped into my mind

1.) How about a thread that like is Headcanons and/or Edits that people make for characters and such? Might help get the creativity flowing among people and also cause feels. We all love feels.

2.) Character Chat? Basically a chat but where you speak from the POV of your character and such and like---You do not need to complete your character to participate in it but its a fun little thing that brings the members of the group and the charries together in a fun little environment.

3.) On and off thread/What Time Zone are you in? This is probably pointless but I thought I would suggest it as well cause sometimes it is helpful.

Annnd...I think that was all? If you already have some of these threads and I just overlooked them then sowwy xD I am blinder than a bat.

message 15: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

We haven't got them yet, but I'll run them by the other mods and post them up this weekend. I might skip the character chat one, just because we're going to have an entire social media folder and I feel like that can work on a similar way? Allowing people to rp on their characters social media accounts when they're stuck in Roleplay?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh okay xD I didn't really understand the Social Media thing because I haven't seen it done in a group before but it does sound pretty cool.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Eleven: Could I perhaps use your template please? It's okay if not ^~^ It just is very pretty and organized which I love.

message 18: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Omg no one's ever asked me that before *-*

Of course! What's the best way to get it to you?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? o~o But--But it is so good though! I fell in love with it when I first saw it xD

Umm---Whatever way works for you and that you know how to do. :3 Whether that be the pastebin thingy or in anything else. <3

message 20: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

http://pastebin.com/4jcmjzP9

Here? Hope this works, let me know if there's anything else you need for it, I tend to use null or blank space characters in a few places, just to neaten it up. I think you can copy them from in front of the Gender marker if you need extras? Hope that makes sense >.>

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah it makes sense <3 Thank you very much :3

message 22: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) | 40 comments
Will there be anyone who's immune system is capable of fending off the bites/scratches of the zombies? Or are we cutting it plain and simple: if you're bitten, you're 'done'?

message 23: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

We're thinking of dishing out a couple of immunity passes once the apocalypse actually comes into play. I haven't yet decided how these will be allocated, either randomly with an online generator or through an application process. My personal choice would be randomly, with individuals then informed about their character's immunity. We'll likely put it to vote on which option members would prefer. But we will definitely have a couple of immune characters.

message 24: by sucre'd fiend, save america 2k17 (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 783 comments Mod
^ I would also agree with doing it randomly.

message 25: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

I guess then us mods get a chance of having an immune character?

And it's going to be really hard to judge applications because everyone is amazing

message 26: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) | 40 comments
Awesome :D. Sounds like a plan. I think the random factor would add a new element to the rp, not gonna lie. Cause then we can't make characters based around the idea they have some sort of immunity. The characters exist before hand, then they just so happen to be immune! Love it.

message 27: by rimskur (new)

rimskur So what groups/families are forming/are available to join? I love the whole group dynamic in these zombie-like situations, so...

message 28: by sucre'd fiend, save america 2k17 (new)

There's a thread for that! It's called the Factions and Families.
It's easily the first place to look for an overview, but you can pop into the Requests and Collaborations thread to see if you can pop into any of them.

message 29: by rimskur (new)

rimskur Kk I'll check it out. Any suggestions for it?

message 30: by sucre'd fiend, save america 2k17 (new)

Welp, if you're interested in having your character be manipulated by a 16 y/o girl, my character Amara is forming a group that later joins into a larger band of baddies.

There's a biker gang called the Rising Tigers still forming

And there always an opportunity for small groups to sprout up and join together.

message 31: by rimskur (new)

rimskur Well, so far all that I have figured out is that my DAVE Franco FC will be a medical student, Bridget Satterlee will be some cheerleader in high school, and Ash Stymest will be some angsty college drop out. I feel like Ash could possibly go to the biker gang?

message 32: by rimskur (new)

rimskur Though I do love the idea of your group >.> Just don't know who would fit well there.

message 33: by sucre'd fiend, save america 2k17 (new)

Yeah, Ash might fit in the biker gang.

I can see people snapping Dave up because he's a medical student so he could go anywhere?

Bridget could easily find her way into a group as well.

They can all also be nomads for a short period before you make any big decisions on who they should be traveling with.

message 34: by rimskur (new)

rimskur Mhm those are true. I just have to see who else I might want to collab with on these face claims, I think, before making any decisions of placing them anywhere.

message 35: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Yeah I mean take your time, I think most people's characters are going to be nomads for a while. We all have ideas for them and some peoples characters are linked together already but most of the dynamics will change once the chaos ensues

message 36: by rimskur (new)

rimskur Of course xD I'll keep that in mind

message 37: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 151 comments Would it be possible to make a thread just for certain big collabs like families etc? I don't feel up to wading through the Requests and Collaborations thread all the time haha ;;

message 38: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) | 40 comments So, I'm not sure if this suggestion would be something ya'll would want to pull into ya'lls group, but it's been helpful before in groups I used to be in ages ago. It helps people find out the collab status of characters, if they are in rp, if they are looking for rp, and so forth. If you don't wanna use it, that's totally fine! Just figured I'd toss it out XD. This is the post I'd used for the actual thread I made for it in a group, so I've included the little 'explaining' bit at the top to help out lol.

(view spoiler)

message 39: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Oooh thanks Savannah!! I've used a system like that before and it really does help! Was meaning to do something like this to keep the collabs in order, will add it when I'm home! xD

message 40: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) | 40 comments Awesome! Glad you're going to use something like this! It makes thing so much easier when there's a 'collab request thread' and a thread similar to this to allow for people to see all the possibilities and blah, blah, blah lol.

message 41: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 83 comments Hello :) I wanted to request a new location to be put in, it would be a Motel in Seattle. I have attatched some pictures, but anyone of the mods are more than welcome to find other pictures :)
(view spoiler)

message 42: by E L L E, We are the Walking Dead (new)

Lyn wrote: "Hello :) I wanted to request a new location to be put in, it would be a Motel in Seattle. I have attatched some pictures, but anyone of the mods are more than welcome to find other pictures :)

..."

Sure thing, I'll put that in now!