Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu → Start Date: November 3rd, 2014

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Please join Azaria and June in this buddy read if you can!

message 2: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (debooks) | 229 comments i will join

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, I've tried to read this a few times but never got to it, so I am going to do it this time. I'll join you girls! :o)

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Is it okay if I join you all? This has been on my TBR forever, but I could never fully get into it!

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trinity, I know the initiators of this BR would love to have you and so would I. I had that same problem, so maybe we can encourage each other.

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I will also join! I also have tried to read this multiple times and never got into it.

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! GREAT minds read alike! :o) JK

message 8: by Dany (new)

Dany A.a (itsdany3) | 167 comments Im joining too! This will be fun

message 9: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments :D LOL I must have tried to get into this 3+ times.

message 10: by Dany (new)

Dany A.a (itsdany3) | 167 comments Im not sure im emotionally capable after reading Code Name Verity, im just mindblown atm.

message 11: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yay, Dany!

That's another book I want to read, Code Name Verity!

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes! me too! I have wanted to read that one and I am pretty sure I even own it but every time someone was going to BR it the timing was bad for me.

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I may be able to buddy read it, Vicki!

message 14: by Dany (new)

Dany A.a (itsdany3) | 167 comments Omg please read it, i can say that it's the best book i've read this year. I honestly want to re-read it like right now.

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow, that's some high praise! :)

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow, Dani! I'm going to have to read it!!

Jacque, if we plan carefully and not around 100 other BRs, maybe we'll actually read it! Lol

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments lol! Yeah, maybe!! :D

message 18: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Yes! I still need to read Code Name Verity as well! :)

message 19: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) It seems like we're all on the same page haha!

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trinity, at least we aren't alone! Lol

message 21: by Dany (new)

Dany A.a (itsdany3) | 167 comments Am i the only one who doesnt really like june or this dystopian world? idk im just so frustrated

message 22: by June (new)

June Hi guys, wow I'm glad to have so many on board for this buddy read. I started this evening and so far it seems like most dystopian I've read so far. The naive female, and i agree my namesake seems annoying. And spoilthopes it picks up since I've seen rave reviews for the rest of the series.

message 23: by June (last edited Nov 04, 2014 09:35AM) (new)

June In an effort to encourage reading I've been thinking of us discussing these questions, chime in if you can.

1. For those of you have abandon the book, what turned you off?

2. What about this world annoys you or what do you like?

3. For those of us reading, what are your initial impressions?

4. Who is your favourite character and why?

message 24: by June (new)

June This is my first read and I have no prior basis. I actually bought the series based on the Goodreads rating and reviews which were non-spoilers.

I read up to chapter 4 last night. It seems like the typical dystopian world so far. A city gone renegade and and ongoing war in the distance, the propaganda machine and the divide of the society into the have and havenots. Interesting Marie Lu uses something which sounds like SAT to me, not from US so feel free to correct me. But I have my questions and impressions.

1. I don't think Day ever failed the test. I think he was an anomaly. Otherwise why try to get rid of him in the beginning? And how did he escape?

2. Why is he untraceable?

3. When is June going to wake up? After all, she must be the naive female who doesn't really understand the evils of the system. And of course the romance.

4. Why does the female have to be the naive one? Should we not have stronger female characters in our novels by now?

message 25: by June (new)

June I've finished the book today.So i'm free to discuss whenever you guys are ready.