What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Western novel w/wagon train, woman's name in title. a bear attack and a man's brain showed through his skull

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Harmon (earth2res) | 81 comments The book was set in the 1800s in a wagon train. I believe the title had a woman's name in it and may have started with a J. The only thing I remember is that there was a bear attack and a man's brain showed through his skull. I read the book around 1968 and I am not sure when it was published.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Nov 02, 2014 11:12AM) (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
This book appears to be too recent, but I'll mention it just in case - Jenny of the Tetons by Kristiana Gregory?

Mary, is your book for teens or adults?
Did the bear attack the wagon train?
Was the woman (age?) alone or with her family before/after the attack?

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Harmon (earth2res) | 81 comments Thanks but that is not it. The book title was just one word, the woman's first name. Jessica? Jezabel? Not Joanna. Jolene?

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Harmon (earth2res) | 81 comments The book was for adults. I think the bear attacked someone out hunting or as a scout. The woman had a husband.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary Harmon (earth2res) | 81 comments There may have been a part where a woman described an Indian attack that was very similar to the one described in GWTW. I think a baby was killed in a very brutal way.

message 6: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments This doesn't match exactly, but could it be Jubilee Trail Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Harmon (earth2res) | 81 comments Thanks but it isn't Jubilee Trail.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Mary left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Mary is back in the group and active so I'm moving this back to Unsolved to see if we can get it solved.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Harmon (earth2res) | 81 comments Bump?