All About Books discussion

Hansel and Gretel
This topic is about Hansel and Gretel
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Posts > Neil Gaiman Reimagines Hansel & Gretel?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 11 comments “If you are protected from dark things then you have no protection of, knowledge of, or understanding of dark things when they show up.”

http://www.brainpickings.org/2014/10/...

message 2: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7480 comments Mod
I'm a big Neil Gaiman fan Kirsten. Thanks for sharing - looks like it's a fascinating collaboration!

Maybe we should move it under one of the other threads though, not sure which one. I've only been a part of this group since late last year, but I think they usually only have a separate thread for an individual book or poem when it's either a readalong or the Monday Poem. Otherwise, it goes in one of the existing general chat threads, such as "What are You Reading", "Have you read anything by", etc. Then again, if you wanted to create a readalong for it, I'd definitely be up for that! :) You'd just have to choose a time frame and announce it in the general readalong thread.

I'm enjoying your posts Kirsten, the NPR and other info! Thanks for sharing all this great info with all of us!

message 3: by Bionic Jean (new)

Bionic Jean (bionicjean) I agree - great post but please have a look at the threads and put it somewhere else. There are several possibilities if you look.

message 4: by LauraT (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13210 comments Mod
It is something to look at!

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A great article. I read it and listened to the interview this morning. It gave me a fresh approach to Neil Gaiman. I have avoided his work (except for one audio collection) because I am "afraid of the dark", figuratively speaking. My imagination paints pictures which re-appear at inopportune moments. Perhaps I need to re-think this and take the plunge into Neil Gaiman's world.

message 6: by Jenny (last edited Nov 02, 2014 10:51AM) (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments Yes please Kirsten, actually this one might be a good one for our quote section here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or if you'd like to talk about the book itself our Book Art /Illustrated Book thread here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... (I am a sucker for book illustration ;))

Thanks!

message 7: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7480 comments Mod
Sandy, if you want to try something by Neil Gaiman that's not too dark, try out Stardust. That one is fairly light and a delightful read. Somewhere between fantasy and myth. Even less dark, there's Odd and the Frost Giants. The boy narrator of that one is endearing and hard not to root for.

message 8: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 11 comments I've read both Neverwhere and The Ocean at the End of the Lane which I loved. Plus, he wrote one of the best Doctor Who episodes out there.

message 9: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7480 comments Mod
I loved The Ocean at the End of the Lane too Kirsten! Really a fascinating book! I've read several books by him, but somehow I've managed not to read Neverwhere yet, which I've heard is one of his best.

message 10: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7480 comments Mod
Which Dr Who episode did he write Kirsten? I've seen most of them.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.