Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2014 November - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments The countdown begins. Last two months of the year!

Share with us the books you've just finished, currently reading or any upcoming reads. How are they?

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11199 comments Will be starting very soon.... The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1) by Graeme Simsion , Tied (Tangled, #4) by Emma Chase , My True Love Gave to Me Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins

message 4: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I read so many books in October....a few I really enjoyed
Vienna Nocturne by Vivien Shotwell The Turncoat (Renegades of the Revolution) by Donna Thorland By Royal Command (At the House of the Magician) by Mary Hooper

But the book I loved!! Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen

And the upcoming November releases I am looking forward to......
Citizens Creek by Lalita Tademy The Siege by Helen Dunmore

Happy Reading!

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia  (patriciakreads) The books I really enjoyed reading this month: Destiny (Serendipity, #2) by Carly Phillips Fueled (Driven, #2) by K. Bromberg An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) by Julia Quinn Crashed (Driven, #3) by K. Bromberg It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Burn (Breathless, #3) by Maya Banks In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

Currently reading: Dear John by Nicholas Sparks Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) by Maya Banks

Planning to read: Tamed (Tangled, #3) by Emma Chase Tied (Tangled, #4) by Emma Chase The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Unleashed (Ross Siblings, #1) by Cherrie Lynn Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2) by Alice Clayton Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons, #2) by Christina Lauren The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1) by Gaelen Foley Dark Seduction (Masters of Time, #1) by Brenda Joyce If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1) by A. Meredith Walters

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments I'm starting the month by listening to Pleasure of a Dark Prince and reading Punch-Drunk Love!

message 7: by Meka♥books (last edited Nov 02, 2014 07:23PM) (new)

message 8: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Mccurley (jaimemccrl4) | 76 comments It's been so long since I have posted. This month so far I have read The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13) by Kim Harrison . I am currently reading The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10) by Jennifer Estep . I was sad to end the Kim Harrison series.

message 9: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3608 comments Finished Reader and Raelynx (Twelve Houses, #4) by Sharon Shinn Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by M. Leighton Everywhere She Turns by Debra Webb Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4) by Pamela Palmer Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh The Pyramid Of Doom (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5) by Andy McDermott Much Ado About Marriage (MacLean Curse, #6) by Karen Hawkins

Currently Reading Contest by Matthew Reilly Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood, #1) by Ann Charles

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments Slow month for me so far. I am currently reading Midnight Vengeance and plan to start in audio Rules For A Proper Governess.

message 11: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments I've finished Mated by Gwendolyn Cease M/M/F, Theirs (The Bears, #1) by Hazel Gower M/F/M, Vampires' Witness (PUP Squad Alpha, #1) by Abby Blake M/F/M and am now reading Forget Me Not (SEAL Team 12, #1) by Marliss Melton M/F

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11199 comments I finished My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories My True Love Gave to Me Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins and loved it. Especially the short stories by Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins and Gayle Forman :)

Not sure what I'm going to read next....

message 13: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20405 comments I'm listening to Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter while I drive, My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! by Wade Kelly when I'm walking or working in the house, and Battle Scars by Meghan O'Brien on my ereader. Battle Scars is my first FF romance which I'm reading for the GLBT challenge :)

I've also just finished Ball & Chain (Cut & Run, #8) by Abigail Roux - another solid installment on the Ty and Zane train :)

message 14: by Nan (last edited Nov 10, 2014 02:47PM) (new)

Nan (xxmzsmilesxx) | 84 comments So.... I think November is my dark season because I'm pretty much drawn to books involving anti-heroes/ screwed up characters/ kidnapping or abduction and just anything that have dark elements really.
So far I've read:
Nero (Made Men, #1) by Sarah Brianne Twist Me (Twist Me, #1) by Anna Zaires Keep Me (Twist Me, #2) by Anna Zaires Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1) by Pepper Winters Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2) by Pepper Winters Reasonable Doubt Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams Reasonable Doubt Volume 2 (Reasonable Doubt, #2) by Whitney Gracia Williams Reasonable Doubt Volume 3 (Reasonable Doubt, #3) by Whitney Gracia Williams

I've read PNR as well:
Mind Game (GhostWalkers #2) by Christine Feehan Night Game (GhostWalkers, #3) by Christine Feehan Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian

I also enjoy reading mangas because I need fluffy stuff to read lol:
The Earl and The Fairy, Vol. 04 (The Earl and the Fairy, #4) by Mizue Tani
Vampire Knight, Vol. 19 by Matsuri Hino - After 7 years this series has comes to an end and yes tears were shed LOL

Oops! I forgot to add, I've read contemporary romance as well:
Beauty Touched the Beast (Beauty, #1) by Skye Warren Beneath the Beauty (Beauty, #2) by Skye Warren Broken Beauty (Beauty, #3) by Skye Warren Beauty Becomes You (Beauty, #4) by Skye Warren
If anyone wants to read a quick book that is scorching hot. I do recommend this Beauty series, but the shortness does detract from the the realism of the plot.

message 15: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3608 comments Finished The Grand Finale by Janet Evanovich Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood, #1) by Ann Charles Twisted Things by Madge Swindells Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3) by Suzanne Enoch Waking Up with a Rake (The Royal Rakes, #1) by Connie Mason Blood Debt (Vicki Nelson, #5) by Tanya Huff Contest by Matthew Reilly House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7) by Chloe Neill

Currently Reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon Alex Cross, Run (Alex Cross, #20) by James Patterson

message 16: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments I finished Midnight Vengeance today - loved it! Classic LMR!

I'm about halfway through Strawberries for Dessert and I've listened to about a third of Rules For A Proper Governess.

message 18: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) this month has been kind of slow for me. I am now trying to read The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater but it is slow going because i have so much homework. I am also almost done with Speechless by Hannah Harrington and i should be done with it by tomorrow. I plan on finishing Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas on my iPod this week. I plan to start Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty (Triple Shot Bettys, #1) by Jody Gehrman at some point this week. I also plan to finish Stolen A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher .

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I'm halfway through Fates (Fates, #1) by Lanie Bross and plan on reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han !

message 20: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) i am reading... The Spanish Bride by Georgette Heyer China Dolls by Lisa See ..

the best book of this month Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh ******(6 stars)
also liked Unforgiven (Walkers Ford, #1) by Anne Calhoun House Rules by Jodi Picoult Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments started Betraying the Pack (Pack, #2) by Eve Langlais . liking it so far.

message 23: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments Finished Imprinted By The Alpha (The Marked One, #1) by Jocelyn Thomas which I enjoyed and even bought the next book. However, I had to start reading A Cursed Bloodline (Weird Girls #4) by Cecy Robson . I've been WAITING for this book to come out so as soon as it showed up on my ipad I started reading!

message 24: by Shubha (last edited Nov 18, 2014 09:55AM) (new)

Shubha (ledki) | 3 comments The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty ...this is my second book I'm reading from author Monica McCarty...I do not like the storyline so far.Big age difference (10yrs) between the lead male and lead female characters. I also don't like both the characters!

message 25: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11199 comments I started Midnight Man Midnight Man (Midnight, #1) by Lisa Marie Rice for the FAC Challenge. Lisa Marie Rice is a new author for me :)

message 26: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Wesley | 2 comments I am reading The Rocker Series by Terri Anne Browning, so looking forward to the next book on 12/1/2014.

message 28: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3608 comments Finished Alex Cross, Run (Alex Cross, #20) by James Patterson A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2) by Julie James Lost by Gary Devon Blue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3) by Kylie Chan The City & the City by China Miéville

Currently Reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

message 29: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I finished Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier and The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness both 5 star reads! Starting The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner .

message 31: by Katherine (last edited Nov 30, 2014 07:31AM) (new)

message 32: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3608 comments Finished

Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips A River in the Sky (Amelia Peabody, #19) by Elizabeth Peters Big Sky Country (Parable, Montana, #1) by Linda Lael Miller Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie, #2) by Diana Rowland The Darkest Facts (Lords of the Underworld Companion) by Gena Showalter The Butterfly Farm by Diane Noble Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3) by Molly O'Keefe The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima Should've Known Better (Storm, #1) by Cassandra Carr Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5) by Jaye Wells Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5) by Jaye Wells

Currently Reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty

message 33: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3608 comments Finished The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3) by Jill Shalvis The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

Currently Reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon Nightbred (Lords of the Darkyn, #2) by Lynn Viehl Live to See Tomorrow by Iris Johansen

message 34: by Shubha (new)

Shubha (ledki) | 3 comments I finished The Golden DynastyUgly LoveA Hunger Like No Other
I write reviews for everything I have completed read.

Currently Im reading The Immortal Highlander

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments started reading Double Full